James Collins (1 Viewer)

Seamus1

Why would anyone want To go to Luton?

As someone who now (sadly) lives in Luton, I agree that the town is absolute s***e. However, the town of Harpenden and to a lesser extent Hitchin are pretty nice. In terms of why anyone (non footballing) would want to go to Luton, well job opportunities here are pretty good. Unlike Coventry, which has put all its eggs into one basket by continually bleating on about manufacturing/making cars and depending on JLR to supply jobs, Luton has many big companies employing several thousand people each in varied job roles.

sky blue john

No wonder you vote Tory. The glory days of spending £6m of somebody else's money with no real prospect of paying it back.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The promises Labour made we would have been the next Greece inside 12months.
The only reason the vote was close labour promised to pay off every students debts.
Personally the voting age should be raised to at least 25. Its pointless giving votes to kids who haven't experianced the real world yet and know what everything in life costs!

Liquid Gold

The only reason the vote was close labour promised to pay off every students debts.
Personally the voting age should be raised to at least 25. Its pointless giving votes to kids who haven't experianced the real world yet and know what everything in life costs!
So you'd also support raising the age people can join the armed forces or be convicted as a crime to 25 too?

superskyblue

The notion that an 18-24 year old is unable to understand the facts and therefore make an informed decision is ridiculous. If you're going along those lines perhaps an IQ test when entering the polling station too to ensure the really thick people can't vote?!

Unbelievable.

superskyblue

The notion that an 18-24 year old is unable to understand the facts and therefore make an informed decision is ridiculous. If you're going along those lines perhaps an IQ test when entering the polling station too to ensure the really thick people can't vote?!

Unbelievable.

And to think I only came on to this thread to see if we'd signed James Collins yet.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If they'd have voted Conservatives would you have said the same thing?

The voting age has been fine since 1969. Why all of a sudden is it bad?

I've been to University, taken the debt but I voted labour... I personally don't agree with the austerity measures taken on the 95% of us whilst the top 5 % get the tax breaks.

Secondly I felt labour were the only ones to engage their politics.. the Tories spent the whole campaign just slagging Corbyn off and telling us that my parents will have to sell my inheritance to pay for any future care!

Why would The young vote for conservative. I'm just glad, that the 18-24 age group has finally engaged in politics...

On a side note..... any update on James Collins

Esoterica

By that logic anyone over the age of 65 should lose their vote too because after retirement they are also not experiencing the real world. Should also be forced to re-take their driving licences at 65 too which would then require renewing every 3 years.

clint van damme

I'd rather let 5 year old have the vote than a fucking arse piece like you.

robbiekeane

Unbelievable.
I'm actually up for that idea

Astute

Unbelievable.
Don't let the Tories hear you. They would put it in their manifesto.

Grendel

Bit rich coming from the party that's added more debt than every Labour government in history.

Only one party pays down the debt and it ain't the Tories.

Only one party to my knowledge has ever had to go grovelling to the International Monetary Fund to prevent inflation rivalling that of a banana republic.

robbiekeane

Bit rich coming from the party that's added more debt than every Labour government in history.

Only one party pays down the debt and it ain't the Tories.
Well of course, they inherited an outrageous deficit - which they pretty much halved.

A very strange argument though from a voter of a party whose campaign is largely based on being anti-austerity and buying votes with free tuition fees :emoji_joy:

clint van damme

Well of course, they inherited an outrageous deficit - which they pretty much halved.

A very strange argument though from a voter of a party whose campaign is largely based on being anti-austerity and buying votes with free tuition fees :emoji_joy:

So offering financial incentives to one of your target demographics is buying votes?
So is offering tax cuts buying votes?

skybluesam66

Only one party to my knowledge has ever had to go grovelling to the International Monetary Fund to prevent inflation rivalling that of a banana republic.
nothing wrong with a bit of hyper inflation - if it can be brought back under control - creates wealth

mark82

So you'd also support raising the age people can join the armed forces or be convicted as a crime to 25 too?

No, only works if it would weaken the opposition to his political view.

I was married at 21. I was perfectly capable of making a political decision when I was 18. I vote labour now at 34. Look at all the shit the conservatives have done for the economy. They destroyed whole areas of the country when they were systematically shutting down pits and destroying industry. People have very short memories.

Before you say it, labour didn't cause the GLOBAL recession.

mark82

By that logic anyone over the age of 65 should lose their vote too because after retirement they are also not experiencing the real world. Should also be forced to re-take their driving licences at 65 too which would then require renewing every 3 years.

Quite, but then that wouldn't sway things towards his opinion would it.

Sick Boy

We should stop those aged 50+ frim voting as well then.

NortonSkyBlue

I was married at 21. I was perfectly capable of making a political decision when I was 18. I vote labour now at 34. Look at all the shit the conservatives have done for the economy. They destroyed whole areas of the country when they were systematically shutting down pits and destroying industry. People have very short memories.

On a Coventry City theme, saying that Labour didn't cause the global recession is like saying that Richardson played no part in amassing our debt levels.

Astute

Both parties fucked everything up in them days. Labour made the unions too strong. All it took was someone to fart and everyone would be out on strike. The workers didn't give a shit so quality went down. We ended up losing manufacturing jobs to countries that had better quality at a much cheaper rate.

You are too young to remember how bad it got. Months of rubbish uncollected which caused rats all over the place. There was as many on strike as there was working.

The Tories as usual did overkill. Work or lose your job. It got really bad. Instead of closing the loss making places they shut anything where they could buy cheaper elsewhere.

That is the problem with politics. One side spends too much. The other side cuts too much to pay for it. Labour only got back in power last time because most wanted a change and Labour under Bliar were more like the Tories. Even Labour voters had given up on them.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Aaaaaaaand back to the James Collins related thread.....

Users who are viewing this thread