January transfer window (1 Viewer)

coop

If we are going well still come the transfer window in January do you think Tim will allow us to strengthen for the final push to get us up .We will probably sell knowing SISU.

D

Deleted member 2477

My biggest worry is sisu cashing in on Jones as hes making a name for himself. If they sell it will severely damage any chance of us going up

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

;)

skybluegod

Not worried about it. TF has shown for last couple windows that we won’t sell players on the cheap, and if it going to leave us short. So think we will keep hold of jones.
Whether we will strengthen is another thing.
I can see Nazon loan being extended and if we are going well maybe we could add another couple loans from higher divisions but I don’t expect much activity regardless of position.

Mucca Mad Boys

It would all be dependent on injuries. As it stands, I’d probably look to maybe ‘replace’ Andreu.

Even young players, like DKE, have come in and done well. So I do believe we have one of the most well rounded squads in the league, if not the most well rounded.

skybluegod

It would all be dependent on injuries. As it stands, I’d probably look to maybe ‘replace’ Andreu.

Even young players, like DKE, have come in and done well. So I do believe we have one of the most well rounded squads in the league, if not the most well rounded.

Don’t think there is any money to replace Andreu tbh?

Mucca Mad Boys

Don’t think there is any money to replace Andreu tbh?

I was thinking more along the lines of a loan. But I imagine if we’re in the top 7 a bit more could be found for a promotion charge.

Even then, I don’t think it’s a necessity if we extend Nazon’s loan. With him, Jones and McNulty in the front 4, I think there’s a lot of goals there. I think they could all feasibly hit 15 goals a piece.

skybluegod

I was thinking more along the lines of a loan. But I imagine if we’re in the top 7 a bit more could be found for a promotion charge.

Even then, I don’t think it’s a necessity if we extend Nazon’s loan. With him, Jones and McNulty in the front 4, I think there’s a lot of goals there. I think they could all feasibly hit 15 goals a piece.

Don’t know if you saw it but there was an interesting interview from Harry Redknapp on football focus, and saying how expensive even loans are now.
Basically said you need to spend a loan fee just to get them. Then you have play them or a lot of teams make you pay the player double their wage...
Obviously there are exceptions to the rules in terms of wages, but yeah hopefully you are right maybe TF will try and get some extra pennies.
Although the best way to get extra funds is to add another few thousand to the gates and increase the budget.

But I agree think we have enough goals in the team as long as we extend the Nazon loan and everyone stays fit.

rupert_bear

There has been no comment what so ever from our toxic chairman for weeks, in fact months. Despite getting a new c.e.o., despite getting a backer for our Acadamy, despite doubts on where we play our games next season. Be ironic if next time he puts his head over the parapet it will be to sell players much needed for a promotion push.

Nick

Administrator
There has been no comment what so ever from our toxic chairman for weeks, in fact months. Despite getting a new c.e.o., despite getting a backer for our Acadamy, despite doubts on where we play our games next season. Be ironic if next time he puts his head over the parapet it will be to sell players much needed for a promotion push.

There's been no comment from you either on anything else. Coop did a good job of getting you and MarcusP posting again.

giphy.gif

By the way, Fisher did an article in the last home programme that was posted on here and the club website on Monday.

Mucca Mad Boys

Don’t know if you saw it but there was an interesting interview from Harry Redknapp on football focus, and saying how expensive even loans are now.
Basically said you need to spend a loan fee just to get them. Then you have play them or a lot of teams make you pay the player double their wage...
Obviously there are exceptions to the rules in terms of wages, but yeah hopefully you are right maybe TF will try and get some extra pennies.
Although the best way to get extra funds is to add another few thousand to the gates and increase the budget.

But I agree think we have enough goals in the team as long as we extend the Nazon loan and everyone stays fit.

Yes I did when someone put on here and it made for an interesting read. But, I think this is more for hot shot prem youngsters going out to Championship teams more than in L2. We’ll likely get an U23 player like Nazon or someone recovering from a spell from injury.

skybluegod

Yes I did when someone put on here and it made for an interesting read. But, I think this is more for hot shot prem youngsters going out to Championship teams more than in L2. We’ll likely get an U23 player like Nazon or someone recovering from a spell from injury.

Yeah but the problem is is the quality of loans is often worse.
And the problem with taking players back that have had injuries is you are then spending time trying to get them fit so they can’t really hit the ground running.

fatso

I'd be happy if we keep jones, and get to hang on to the duck till the end of the season. I hope I'm not asking too much!

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah but the problem is is the quality of loans is often worse.
And the problem with taking players back that have had injuries is you are then spending time trying to get them fit so they can’t really hit the ground running.

I think the transfer policy of MR and TW has been very deliberate and every player has been brought in for a reason. Whereas last season, for various reasons from budget limitations to unrealistic targets, we relied on loans that weren’t first or second choice options. Papering over the cracks comes to mind.

I think the loan market is an important tool for a lower league club, I think if you can get 1-3 good loans can supplement the team very well. But, they exactly just that, there to supplement what you’ve got. Over reliance on loans ‘worked’ in Mowbray’s 1st season, but the season after we were badly exposed.

Whilst I expected we’d get 2-3 loans in, I’m really happy, and pleasantly surprised, we permanently signed 11 players on permanent contracts.

skybluegod

I think the transfer policy of MR and TW has been very deliberate and every player has been brought in for a reason. Whereas last season, for various reasons from budget limitations to unrealistic targets, we relied on loans that weren’t first or second choice options. Papering over the cracks comes to mind.

I think the loan market is an important tool for a lower league club, I think if you can get 1-3 good loans can supplement the team very well. But, they exactly just that, there to supplement what you’ve got. Over reliance on loans ‘worked’ in Mowbray’s 1st season, but the season after we were badly exposed.

Whilst I expected we’d get 2-3 loans in, I’m really happy, and pleasantly surprised, we permanently signed 11 players on permanent contracts.

Yeah I agree, and also pleasantly surprised with the type of players we signed. Almost all of them of perfect age, where they have experience but also room to develop and aren’t past it.

vow

No irony involved if CCFC sell a player, eg. Jodi Jones, what if he has the chance to go to a higher placed team in a higher league and also improve his wages?

covcity4life

its not really baiting as its been done before(jukeivitz,maddison)

so i agree keeping jones is essential.

aisde from that i think another central midfielder(not sure shipley is what we want in time of injuries and suspensions) and one more attacking midfielder in andreus absence would be ideal

maybe another winger too as i think kelly-evans will be in and out of games, hes still young and hard to do it consisntetly

maybe kyel reid will come back motivated to take glory of promotion lol

steve82

I think it's far to early to call for what we need in January, we've another 15 league games to go and various cup games before the window opens.

Plenty can go right or wrong in that time like long term injuries to key players that will need replacing to keep the balance and strength of the squad over getting in a set player earmarked now.

If JJ continues to develop and earn rave reviews then it's only natural league one or maybe a championship club monitor his progress closely. That goes for all players in any L2 club.
We're no different unfortunately, L2 clubs are just a platform to perform and try and earn a better contract at a higher club.

Hobo

Can't wait for the thread "where do you think we will finish next season?

NorthernWisdom

If we don't sell Jones in Jan I'd be amazed.
If we're up there, I don't think we will.

The club's obviously been told to break even, and their rejecting bids last January for players due to trophy windfalls meant they could. If we're up there come January, I'd reckon they'd think there's more cash to be got hanging on to him for a promotion, big crowds, and good feeling = bigger season ticket sales the season after (assuming we have a ground to sell them for, of course!)

Liquid Gold

I think Jones is on a pretty fair wage and actually enjoys playing for the club so unless someone from the very top end of league one e.g. Blackburn or a Championship club comes in then we're more than likely to keep hold of him. If one of those clubs does come in then we can expect a fairly hefty fee that I'd trust MR and TW to spend whatever they get wisely.

Covstu

I can't see jones going unless there is a daft offer but let's face it he would only be good enough for league one at this stage, maybe lower championship. If we can extend Duck and hopefully ponticelli comes good who could basically be like another signing if he gets games.

Liquid Gold

Robins said that the pot was basically empty after we signed Andreu and we then snuck Davies in too. I wonder if that pot was for the whole season or just the summer window.

coop

Fucking hell, is this serious?

It is usual to have thoughts after a good away win, about who we will sell in January?
Why do you have to swear we will be close come January so we need to strengthen with full signings or loans SISU fucked up in the January transfer window a couple of seasons ago when we were close to Championship with TM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread