January (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

8 players out
1 in
Academy player sold
Season tickets
Weekly attendances

It’s clear we needed a couple of decent bids why didn’t the club give robins some help ? We were in a great position,small squad games are always gonna take toll....anyway this is my 3rd and final thread for tonight,see you all Saturday PUSB

larry_david

I wasn't too happy with Allen getting a new deal.
And I'm desperately unhappy with Shipley getting another life at cov.
We need the bodies, but if everyone is fit I don't think those two are good enough. It's so frustrating but this is time for someone like Eccles to stamp his mark and typical he's fucking injured

Blind-Faith

And then they want to put the prices of the season tickets up aswell, cheeky fuckers! Was really glad we didn’t lose any of our star players , but I’m starting to get more pissed off with each game that we only bought in a LWB whose not looking up to the job atm

Greggs

8 players out
1 in
Academy player sold
Season tickets
Weekly attendances

It’s clear we needed a couple of decent bids why didn’t the club give robins some help ? We were in a great position,small squad games are always gonna take toll....anyway this is my 3rd and final thread for tonight,see you all Saturday PUSB
Mate, seriously, are you ok? Maybe it's time to chill a little?

Walsgrave

Letting go of Walker on loan was a huge mistake...he wasn't great but offered something different, and we're currently relying on Gyokeres to deliver the goods since other attackers are not really chipping in, and Godden is out

Skyblueweeman

I think the whole 8 out/1 in as a bit misleading. A number of the players that went weren't in or around the 1st team, nor on great wages.

100% we shouldve brought more in but let's not make it sound like we got rid of 8 first teamers and brought in 1.

Walker was a mistake...and we were dreadfully unlucky that Goddens appendix went the next day. Walker stays if that happened 48hrs earlier and we would have more options upfront.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I think the whole 8 out/1 in as a bit misleading. A number of the players that went weren't in or around the 1st team, nor on great wages.

100% we shouldve brought more in but let's not make it sound like we got rid of 8 first teamers and brought in 1.

Walker was a mistake...and we were dreadfully unlucky that Goddens appendix went the next day. Walker stays if that happened 48hrs earlier and we would have more options upfront.

Agreed. I've seen people peddle that narrative without a great deal of understanding of how loans actually work.

Bar Walker I suspect we would've covered the majority of the remaining outgoing loanees wages.

SlowerThanPlatt

Agreed. I've seen people peddle that narrative without a great deal of understanding of how loans actually work.

Bar Walker I suspect we would've covered the majority of the remaining outgoing loanees wages.

Hilssner was apparently on 4k/pw and gone on loan to a club in Germany’s third tier!

Legia Sky Blue

And then they want to put the prices of the season tickets up aswell, cheeky fuckers! Was really glad we didn’t lose any of our star players , but I’m starting to get more pissed off with each game that we only bought in a LWB whose not looking up to the job atm

The club have to put up season ticket prices so we can have a better chance at improving our squad. Season ticket holders have had a great season so far, and got it on the cheap. Those bargain bucket prices are not sustainable in the long run if we want to have a competitive team in this league. If our average match ticket is £25, then a price of £400 works out around £18 per match, so season ticket holders still get a decent discount, as well as priority on away tickets etc.

cc84cov

The club have to put up season ticket prices so we can have a better chance at improving our squad. Season ticket holders have had a great season so far, and got it on the cheap. Those bargain bucket prices are not sustainable in the long run if we want to have a competitive team in this league. If our average match ticket is £25, then a price of £400 works out around £18 per match, so season ticket holders still get a decent discount, as well as priority on away tickets etc.
Didn’t they use the season ticket one last pre season ?

Brighton Sky Blue

No, but accumulated together the wages or part wages saved were clearly used to get Bidwell in. Then we decided on a whim to turn down money for Shipley to go in January instead of for free in the summer, so Walker had to go on loan instead.

Looks silly now in more than one respect

Skyblueweeman

No, but accumulated together the wages or part wages saved were clearly used to get Bidwell in. Then we decided on a whim to turn down money for Shipley to go in January instead of for free in the summer, so Walker had to go on loan instead.

From what I understand, Walkers wages helped with the Bidwell signing.

rob9872

Tbf we are a little short, but at the time we had Eccles and Godden fit, Dabo and Kelly not expected to be out for so long and Hamer still 3 bookings from being suspended. Throw those 5 into the mixing pot and the squad looks a lot deeper and stronger. Unfortunately Bidwell hasnt hit the ground running either. Timing hasn't been great to key areas, but it has meant players needing to play that weren't so far up the list. We can't carry a large squad with as much quality on our budget, so we cut our cloth and ultimately for whatever reason it hasn't all worked, but I certainly wouldn't be pushing the panic button yet.

Grendel

Hard to argue with that, can only think how out of his depth he must have been for Robins to never consider him.

Given we were in the top flight when we signed him Runar Norman is a similar bizarre signing. He did score a goal I guess but his career after us was pub league level

fernandopartridge

Given we were in the top flight when we signed him Runar Norman is a similar bizarre signing. He did score a goal I guess but his career after us was pub league level
I think he's the only sub I've ever seen subbed and not due injury or an essential tactical change eg a sending off

rob9872

On Hilssner he came for the development squad. A lot did the year before (eg Allasani etc) who never stepped up and were moved on, but let's not forget his underlying health issue that was unknown. Germany's 3rd is a level he needs to play at if he's to get back up again as he's basically had no football or progression for two years. He did show some promise technically but for whatever reason (and not through lack of professionalism or effort) couldn't get to the required level of fitness for the Championship.

SlowerThanPlatt

On Hilssner he came for the development squad. A lot did the year before (eg Allasani etc) who never stepped up and were moved on, but let's not forget his underlying health issue that was unknown. Germany's 3rd is a level he needs to play at if he's to get back up again as he's basically had no football or progression for two years. He did show some promise technically but for whatever reason (and not through lack of professionalism or effort) couldn't get to the required level of fitness for the Championship.

Not sure he came for the development squad, he was 25 at the time of signing?

slowpoke

I think Robins was unlucky let Walker out on loan no moans from me about that but then in form Matty Godden goes down with bloody appendicitis can’t legislate for that as for Shipley we will never find out but my guess what ever plan MR had didn’t happen so he hung on to Shippers.

stupot07

We are now paying the price of a really poor January transfer window.

Whilst we let a load of deadwood go, we brought in just Jake Bidwell.

Outs
Bright mutual consent in November
Jobello mutual consent
Drysdale loan to end of the season
Pask loan to end of the season
Rowe loan to the end of the season
Dacosta loan to the end of the season
Hilsne4 loan to the end of the season

In
Bidwell

Whilst none are really of the required standard it has left us desperately low on numbers. We should have surely brought in 1 or 2 on loan to bolster the squad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBT

You haven’t even mentioned the one player we farmed out who’s already shown he can impact games in this division.

stupot07

You haven’t even mentioned the one player we farmed out who’s already shown he can impact games in this division.
The issue is bodies, we let 7 go, freed up wages and bought just 1 in. We did well to get rid of some of the deadwood, but didn't address the lack of depth.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread