Jay Tabb hoping to make his mark against old club Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

0,,10269~3740440,00.jpg 0,,10306~8885724,00.jpg
READING FC's Jay Tabb is hoping to make his mark against his old club Coventry City when the teams meet on Saturday.
The former Sky Blues favourite knows he unlikely to start against his old side at Madejski Stadium after struggling for fitness following an ankle injury in October and is preparing for a place on the bench, according to getbracknell
On his chances of making the starting XI, the midfielder said: “I don’t think it’s going to happen.
"Jem Karacan and Mikele Leigertwood did really well in the last game and I can’t see the manager changing the team.
“Whenever the manager picks the team if you are on the bench then you just make sure you are ready when he needs you.
“It could be in the first minute or the 90th so you’re always ready and prepare in the same way as if you are starting.”
Tabb made 95 appearances for Coventry City between 2006-'09 and still keeps in touch with several of the Sky Blues' players.
He said: “There’s Ben Turner the centre-back, but he’s injured at the moment and won’t be playing which is a shame.
“I also still speak to Isaac Osbourne, Aron Gunnarsson and a few others.
“It will be nice to see a few faces on Saturday. They have had a very good start to the season and are up there in the top six.
“They are putting a nice little run together at the moment and the manager has got them playing in a good effective way so it will be a tough game for us.
“The lads I speak to say that the manager is doing well and you can see that in their results and where they are in the table.
“In previous years Coventry have had a good start, but then fell away towards the end of the season, but from the signs so far it looks like they are up in the top six to stay.
“I really enjoyed it there. It’s a good club and I still have a lot of friends at the club.”
pencil.png

redsox

Facebook User
What a pleasant change to have an ex player who's not slagging off the club. I for one wish him a swift return to first team football (as long as he doesn't do too well againt us!!)

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread