Jesus banner after the game (1 Viewer)

martcov

Yep course. Doesn’t make their records wrong. And who’d argue with the fundamental message of a kingdom based on the principles of justice and mercy and humility

What happens to you when you die if you didn’t worship the king? Even if you never had the opportunity to learn about and worship him?

Grendel

What happens to you when you die if you didn’t worship the king? Even if you never had the opportunity to learn about and worship him?

I believe I am correct in saying that Pete has religious faith. It’s so typical of you and your bigoted views on the way the world must operate that you decide to deride and mock his beliefs.

martcov

I believe I am correct in saying that Pete has religious faith. It’s so typical of you and your bigoted views on the way the world must operate that you decide to deride and mock his beliefs.

I asked a question. In the past Pete has always answered. I don’t believe what he believes, but I have never insulted him. Now... let’s talk about your long history of insulting and mocking posters. A bit hypocritical trying to deflect your own faults on to me.

AVWskyblue

I asked a question. In the past Pete has always answered. I don’t believe what he believes, but I have never insulted him. Now... let’s talk about your long history of insulting and mocking posters. A bit hypocritical trying to deflect your own faults on to me.
You my Internet acquaintance are an argumental person who does not deserve a reply, yet I will give you one, I am a born again Christian and practising. I've seen many healings etc that if I told you I would be ridiculed. The Bible is only a small part of my faith

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

martcov

You my Internet acquaintance are an argumental person who does not deserve a reply, yet I will give you one, I am a born again Christian and practising. I've seen many healings etc that if I told you I would be ridiculed. The Bible is only a small part of my faith

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Oh god. I asked a question. You know that the answer contradicts what Pete was saying about justice and humility and so you come out with some BS. To start an argument presumably. As Christians go, I suspect Pete is actually more like what is meant by Christian than yourself.

Otis

Pete is really good. Alway honest, always willing to give an answer.

It is understandable unfortunately though, this modern day questioning and deriding of religion.
For centuries (my upbringing too) we were told you HAD to believe in God or the consequences were dire. That you would be damned for all eternity into the pits of hell for the failure to do so.

People now have began to challenge that notion and thinking and to push back against the creed, hence us now being deemed a secular society.

I respect Pete's views, though I disagree with them. I am forever questioning if there can be a god and keep coming to the same conclusion that it just doesn't make any sense.

Personally, I see nothing wrong in Mart's question here. He is merely asking what Pete believes and is asking for an explanation. I don't think he is doing so that aggressively, or dismissively to be honest and I'm sure he'll get his answer.

This has always been a confusion to me. If you are Christian you are taught to believe that anyone who doesn't believe is going to hell, so that includes those of differing faiths, those that haven't even had the chance to be able to embrace God and what about those from a family where they have been lied to and been made to believe in something completely different? They get eternal damnation too.

I have told my daughter I don't believe in God and have given my reasoning. She too has now said she doesn't believe in God, though is totally free to change her mind and find her own path. So many do not get that luxury of free thought.

There is also the ridiculous notion that you can do good all your life, but if don't accept Jesus as your saviour you will therefore damned to hell, but that if you were a serial killer or child killer, as long as you renounce your sins and accept Jesus as your saviour (even just on your deathbed), you're going to heaven.

clint van damme

Pete is really good. Alway honest, always willing to give an answer.

It is understandable unfortunately though, this modern day questioning and deriding of religion.
For centuries (my upbringing too) we were told you HAD to believe in God or the consequences were dire. That you would be damned for all eternity into the pits of hell for the failure to do so.

People now have began to challenge that notion and thinking and to push back against the creed, hence us now being deemed a secular society.

I respect Pete's views, though I disagree with them. I am forever questioning if there can be a god and keep coming to the same conclusion that it just doesn't make any sense.

Personally, I see nothing wrong in Mart's question here. He is merely asking what Pete believes and is asking for an explanation. I don't think he is doing so that aggressively, or dismissively to be honest and I'm sure he'll get his answer.

This has always been a confusion to me. If you are Christian you are taught to believe that anyone who doesn't believe is going to hell, so that includes those of differing faiths, those that haven't even had the chance to be able to embrace God and what about those from a family where they have been lied to and been made to believe in something completely different? They get eternal damnation too.

I have told my daughter I don't believe in God and have given my reasoning. She too has now said she doesn't believe in God, though is totally free to change her mind and find her own path. So many do not get that luxury of free thought.

There is also the ridiculous notion that you can do good all your life, but if don't accept Jesus as your saviour you will therefore damned to hell, but that if you were a serial killer or child killer, as long as you renounce your sins and accept Jesus as your saviour (even just on your deathbed), you're going to heaven.

good post Otis.
Doubly impressive given you put it up at 4:28am!

Sky Blue Pete

I think it’s more important to work to bring that kingdom to reality on earth for all rather than waiting till death. All the great Christian men and women have seen this life as the start of that eternal life that I believe awaits once we physically die. Such tiny amounts are written about what happens after that it’s almost pointless arguing this way or that. I believe that god in jesus was showing that his love and grace and mercy and compassion are for all people everybody always. And me often and the church too often have made that about an in and out of god’s love which is grossly wrong

Nick

Administrator
Yeah but anyway

Did anybody see it and think somebody had really gone to town on a SISU protest by hiring a plane but then see the message was a random one about Jesus?

What a waste of money.

Otis

Just had an online conversation with my brother's American ex-partner.

She hasn't had a very good time at all. Her dad died and her mum has been very ill for years and she has all sorts of ailments herself and to top it all, her daughter has just been in car crash a month ago and keeps blacking out and as a result has lost her job.

I said how sorry I was to hear all this and she finished the conversation with 'Well, God has a plan.'.

Doesn't sound like a very good one to me.

Evo1883

There are 327 local authorities in England

there appear to be 29 Muslim mayors in England. This represents about 9 per cent of mayors, which compares with the Muslim population of about 4 per cent in the country as a whole.

In addition, if you do the same calculation, using the same method of identification, on Councillors in English cities and towns, you come to the figure of 13 per cent Muslim member. More than one-in-eight of Councillors.

For 2017–18, ten of the 32 London Boroughs appear to have a Muslim mayor. That equates to almost one-third of the mayors in the Greater London region. In addition, six of the Boroughs appear to have a Muslim Deputy Mayor and a further five appear to have Muslim representative members on the London Assembly.

Muslims are having more babies than the rest and it’s safe to assume that within 100 years will be far far far more influential in politics .

I don’t think it’s illogical irrespective of your views on Islam to suggest that eventually Britain will end up under sharia law at some point in the distant future if current trends continue

martcov

There are 327 local authorities in England

there appear to be 29 Muslim mayors in England. This represents about 9 per cent of mayors, which compares with the Muslim population of about 4 per cent in the country as a whole.

In addition, if you do the same calculation, using the same method of identification, on Councillors in English cities and towns, you come to the figure of 13 per cent Muslim member. More than one-in-eight of Councillors.

For 2017–18, ten of the 32 London Boroughs appear to have a Muslim mayor. That equates to almost one-third of the mayors in the Greater London region. In addition, six of the Boroughs appear to have a Muslim Deputy Mayor and a further five appear to have Muslim representative members on the London Assembly.

Muslims are having more babies than the rest and it’s safe to assume that within 100 years will be far far far more influential in politics .

I don’t think it’s illogical irrespective of your views on Islam to suggest that eventually Britain will end up under sharia law at some point in the distant future if current trends continue

And your point is?

martcov

That Britain will eventually end up with sharia law lol , clearly stated

I won’t be here, so it won’t effect me or my living family. But, according to Rees Mogg, after a short Post Brexit reduction in non EU immigration, we will need more migrants. Preferably the relations of existing ex empire immigrants as opposed to EU migrants. If, he is correct then you should factor that into your calculation. Sharia to come sooner because you voted for Brexit? I don’t get what you are trying to say. It is not coming soon enough because the current migrants are largely Christians?

Evo1883

I won’t be here, so it won’t effect me or my living family. But, according to Rees Mogg, after a short Post Brexit reduction in non EU immigration, we will need more migrants. Preferably the relations of existing ex empire immigrants as opposed to EU migrants. If, he is correct then you should factor that into your calculation. Sharia to come sooner because you voted for Brexit? I don’t get what you are trying to say. It is not coming soon enough because the current migrants are largely Christians?
You might not care that your great grandchildren and their kids will be a subject in a sharia dominated country , but sadly for you lefties a lot of us do.
Left wing politics will be dead within 50 years , you are the creator of your own downfall

Evo1883

Oi Nick, when can we have the 'ignore thread' option for when some raving loon starts a thread on the footy side that descends into random bullshit about us all being oppressed by fearsome murderous Muslims?

Complete deflection and misquote but hey , that’s the kind of bilge spewed by the left these days .

just the few hundred injured over the last few years in the uk from Islamic terrorists and a few thousand girls groomed and raped and that’s with just 4% of the population lol .
Clown

pastythegreat

Oi Nick, when can we have the 'ignore thread' option for when some raving loon starts a thread on the footy side that descends into random bullshit about us all being oppressed by fearsome murderous Muslims?
The left are great at ignoring/censoring anything they don't agree with!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

I think you are confusing censoring with being disgusted, and „the left“ with decent people of various political viewpoints.
Nope. Definately not. The left (led mainly by the BBC and labour Muppets like Dianne Abbott and Sadiq Khunt) censor and manipulate anything they don't agree with or suits their political agenda.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Otis

You simply have to accept the truth, NW, even when they are not murdering they are thinking about murdering.

Otis

Geez, all these comments about 'the left' are ridiculously laughable and way, way over the top.

giphy.gif

Evo1883

It makes me laugh that the left is now anyone opposed to bigotry.

Not though are they
They defend Islam more than any other religion and yet Islam is the most homophobic mysoginistic and radical religion of the lot .
You don’t seem too opposed to any of the above

Irrespective my original point is actually fairly simple math .
Don’t know why people start crying once you mention Islam ? I could turn around and say catholic priests are nonces and nobody would bat an eyelid .
You’re all massive hypocrites

Sick Boy

Not though are they
They defend Islam more than any other religion and yet Islam is the most homophobic mysoginistic and radical religion of the lot .
You don’t seem too opposed to any of the above

I'm not a big fan of any religion to be honest, neither am I a fan of bigots whatever their religion.

Having lived in Brighton and Hove for 10 of the last 15 years, I'd be a bit of a strange homophobe.

Users who are viewing this thread