Jim Davidson Arrested (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

I really can't say but one of those 'celebrities' was a regular and has been one of the most outstanding individuals last summer.

I've been there 'O' and joked around with young girls, broken into school swimming pools in the middle of the night, laid a few out on the pool table or in good fun but known when to stop. In all that time I never saw any of these 'celebrities' do anything wrong other than have some fun which the girls all enjoyed and consented to.

How young were the girls and how old were you?

Otis

It was a different era, rightly or wrongly back then.

Now it must all seem very foreign and weird and just plain wrong the likes of some of the stuff we are hearing about. It was entrenched in society though back in the 70's and was all considered quite normal. Just a general feel about the whole thing

I was still at school as a very young teen then, so it sort of passed me by, but I recall off the top of head, stuff like a Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads episode in about 1974 where Bob and Terry, the two main characters, are talking about 14 year old Israeli schoolgirls and really leching and drooling over the thought of them. Today there would be outrage at such a sitcom episode and the show would probably be pulled off air!

No-one batted an eyelid at that though back then and it was considered to be really amusing at the time.

Times have changed. Just must be hard for people nowadays to even begin to understand how things were. Just as no-one would bat an eyelid back in Victorian times at the thought of children working 14 hours a day and smoking and being sent up chimneys.

Think what Pax is talking about though is consent rather than some of the sexual offenses of the likes of Savile and rape allegations.

As I say, I was very young and naive in the early 1970's, but it was a different world with different perceptions back then.

Last edited:

hill83

Ha! I was on big break when I was a youngster! Guess I wasn't his type!

Paxman II

You are absolutely right Otis and its really a different world now.
Somewhat ironic to think that people care so much about this from the past when we have the worst looking society ever today?

In those 80's days we never would have believed records would have lyrics that had f..ing and blinding on them as a matter of course?
That drunken people unable to take responsibility for themselves would need hospital attention treatment on a Friday night having been polaxed on the street? Ot that schools will routinely hand out condoms to under age girls?

Yes times have changed and not for the better.

scroobiustom

Ha! I was on big break when I was a youngster! Guess I wasn't his type!

"It's only a game so...put up a real good fight!"

Jim Obviously took that as a green light

GaryPendrysEyes

It is wrong that the names are released. What ever happened to being charged first at least?

Seems the story is set around two 25 year old women some 25 years ago...not exactly anything remotely to do with the Saville issue?
My goodness they will be coming for me next. I was a top DJ in the 80's and had a merry old time in my youth I can tell you! Am I to expect some 45+ year old bitch to start claiming sexual assault?

At this rate they best start opening the flood gates to anyone and everyone. So if you are still a celebrity after all this time with a bit of money you best start looking over your shoulder.
I had many a late night in a nightclub staying behind to spin a few more disc for the local and sometimes other celebrities till the wee hours for my boss at the time. I could name one or two who were there, some very big indeed today and others not so much but nothing really happened.

They best start getting jail cells readied for all the band members and rodies from back then.

These girls new what they were doing. They wanted to be there. Mostly they were of consenting age but like today who could be sure of that? No harm was ever done to my knowledge yet here we are today with the PC police and the 'victim' led society going crazy and joining a meadia crazed bandwaggon.

'45 year old bitch' - not a great advert for you Paxman.
You don't know the facts of this case, there could be accusations of assault or rape. More generally young girls may have been groupies, but some may have been coerced, or people may have conspired to gain access to and abuse young girls. You don't know and can't assume innocence at the end of an enquiry either.

For the record, no I don't think people should be named before being charged.

Otis

'45 year old bitch' - not a great advert for you Paxman.
You don't know the facts of this case, there could be accusations of assault or rape. More generally young girls may have been groupies, but some may have been coerced, or people may have conspired to gain access to and abuse young girls. You don't know and can't assume innocence at the end of an enquiry either.

For the record, no I don't think people should be named before being charged.

Unless it is Piers Morgan or Vernon Kay.

Users who are viewing this thread