Jim o brien signs (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Firstly welcome Jim O'Brien, I see a trend here, I have a good guess on who our striker signing is going to be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monners

I hope he isn't a striker! In all seriousness though, it's good to see someone coming in, and Pressley is bound have an in depth knowledge of anyone decent and available from Scotland. We are where we are, so lets just hope he can add something (Friday optimism has kicked in early!).

Last edited:

skybluepm2

He's decent! Pretty sure he played against us last season in the Cup (maybe even scored?) but I remember that he was a Footy Manager legend a few years back.

dongonzalos

In May 2014, O'Brien rejected a new contract offer from Barnsley after revealing his ambition to play for 'a top 4' club. "I've definitely got what it takes to succeed on a bigger stage" said O'Brien.

LB87ccfc

He's decent! Pretty sure he played against us last season in the Cup (maybe even scored?) but I remember that he was a Footy Manager legend a few years back.

Yes Obrien scored vs us last season in the cup game. Decent hardworking never stops running.

Evans1883

the view from barnsley is that he is good , 1 went on to say that they cant believe he has signed for a shit club like us , and apparantly never stops running

dongonzalos

Has he received more money here than what he was offered at Barnsley???
Bizzare good to see they wanted to keep him. Not often we get a player from a club above who wanted to keep him

Evans1883

another post in the forum
Strange move, both for Jim and for Coventry. Coventry have no stadium and are strapped for cash with further issues hanging over them regarding debts owed over the Ricoh fiasco. Jim should be worth a Championship team at least. The buzz is that Callum Wilson is on his way either to Bournemouth, or Norwich, so that might make the Sky Blues a little more buoyant financially. He could do better than that, but maybe he just likes Pressley as manager.

RoboCCFC90

I'd take that... He's hardly been prolific at Blackburn but there is clearly a decent player there

Played with Swanson at Dundee, fits the age type, is out of contract, good experience, Scottish, of course this is just a guess on my part but who knows..

Evans1883

more
What with all the goals he scores and creates will be a great loss for us and great gain for them...
ok im unsure about the goals bit but sounds promising

lewys33

I can't remember this guy against us to be fair, can only remember that short blonde lad that ran like a nutter!

RoboCCFC90

I can't remember this guy against us to be fair, can only remember that short blonde lad that ran like a nutter!

Cyzkwa used to play for Reading..

dongonzalos

We've had 2 in a week. Though nobody would want to play here.

Was Swanson the same then, as in offered a contract by his previous championship club rejected it saying he wanted bigger things then came to us.

I am genuinely shocked and impressed that he has come to us. Maybe he knows something about the Ricoh that we don't ;)

kg82

Was Swanson the same then, as in offered a contract by his previous championship club rejected it saying he wanted bigger things then came to us.

I am genuinely shocked and impressed that he has come to us. Maybe he knows something about the Ricoh that we don't ;)

Don't know about the contract, but it was Peterborough so not championship, same league as us.

Seems like a decent signing. Hopefully these signings are adding more cutting edge in midfield.

RoboCCFC90

Another Football Manager legend. Blackburn paid off his contract too. It's a decent presumption.

I'd like to think so, maybe the pull of having Danny Swanson might just up the chances..

Danceswithhorses

Yes and no-he did turn down a new contract but from Peterboro (div3)

woody11462

Bearing in mind we've brought in two wingers maybe there might be some truth in the suggestion that Baker may be allowed to leave. I hope not, seems to be quite attached to the club and still offers some quality. Guess his wages may become the issue rather than the player himself.

Grendel

Bearing in mind we've brought in two wingers maybe there might be some truth in the suggestion that Baker may be allowed to leave. I hope not, seems to be quite attached to the club and still offers some quality. Guess his wages may become the issue rather than the player himself.

Baker has to go. At the end of his career and grossly overpaid at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread