Jim O'brien (1 Viewer)

TakeMeHome

Jimmy having it out with his own fans after the final whistle. Most had already left for the exits but a few in Block 21 (including me) shouting them off as a disgrace and he comes and squares up to an older bloke on the front row. Big fan of him usually but he can't go giving it loads after we paid to see that rubbish.

TakeMeHome

Yeah I was standing right there. He grabbed the bloke and was like "go on say it to my face". So the bloke did and told him he was sh!t and an embarassment and about 10 people (again me included) were shouting what a disgrace him and the team was. He swiftly left with the tail between his legs.

chiefdave

If he's reacted, and assuming the comments were just about the performance, then he's as bad as Burge and the club should take some sort of action against him.

TakeMeHome

Big fan of his. Nothing personal was said, but he saw the red mist. Not sure what action will be taken though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So we've had our captain headbutt someone, our goalkeeper lash out at the opposition and our senior player squaring up with own fans? And it's only November.

Lack of discipline in the camp which is only one mans fault.

TakeMeHome

There's passion and there's Ill discipline. I just hope Pressley was aware of the incident because I don't think there was another cov player on the pitch at the time.

TakeMeHome

In Kilbanes defense it turned out someone said something abusive about his disabled daughter. Jimmy boy was just called a wanker and told he was shit.

theferret

Not really bothered by things like that. Nothing wrong with a bit of anger and agression. At least he seems to give a shit.

ajsccfc

Nice to see he was angry. If he does anything physical he should be reprimanded, but if it's all handbags it should be chalked off as a bad day and everyone move on with their lives.

ccfcdale

Nice to see he was angry. If he does anything physical he should be reprimanded, but if it's all handbags it should be chalked off as a bad day and everyone move on with their lives.

Here hete. I totally agree. Fans have short memories. I bet that same fan was singing his name at Orient. Players deserve what they get so do the fans. If someone called me a wanker in anyway of life id have a quiet word with that person.

letsallsingtogether

Funny how its gone from an older man to a 15 year old in the space of an hour will be a 6 year old girl next.

But TBF I know he's a professional but also human Red Mist descends on most of us at some time.........

Warwickhunt

If he's reacted, and assuming the comments were just about the performance, then he's as bad as Burge and the club should take some sort of action against him.
Now then if I called you a wanker and you are shit in the pub what would your reaction be?

CJ_covblaze

Was right next to O'Brien. Said what happened on the other thread. The little chav deserved a lot more than a mouthful imo. Was funny to see him run up the steps though!

The Gentleman

In Kilbanes defense it turned out someone said something abusive about his disabled daughter. Jimmy boy was just called a wanker and told he was shit.

Sorry but the Kilbane thing is absolute bollocks. It was my mate giving him the shit and at no time did he even mention his daughter and I was standing right next to him when he did it. All he said was how shit he was and how he wasn't fit to wear the shirt.

SBT

The Kilbane story was always a weird one to me. I've shouted at a few players in my time, but I've never researched their family's medical history ahead of time.

Sterling Archer

Fans are always the first to give out and then get their knickers in a twist as soon as they get a response.

I hate how precious some fans can get. If you can't take it back, don't give it out.

This is a general comment and not specifically related to any incident with O'Brien.

If we're not careful the fans are in danger of alienating themselves from the players directing personal abuse at individual players. Think we all agree that O'Brien gives more than 100% and doesn't justify that sort of condemnation.
Now if we were talking about Tudgay and Barton that might be a different story.

johnwillomagic

O'Brien's effort cannot normally be faulted he was good at Orient - sounds like he had a shocker today but it happens
and he will not be the first of last that has a shocker. I am sure he is pretty embarassed and angry and the fan baiting him rightly or wrongly
was probably the last straw today. I am sure he'll be back and he does deserve our support more than most of our players.

Rusty Trombone

O'Brien's effort cannot normally be faulted he was good at Orient - sounds like he had a shocker today but it happens
and he will not be the first of last that has a shocker. I am sure he is pretty embarassed and angry and the fan baiting him rightly or wrongly
was probably the last straw today. I am sure he'll be back and he does deserve our support more than most of our players.

I thought he was our second best player today. I agree with the rest of your post.

Users who are viewing this thread