Jimmy Saville (1 Viewer)

602595_2549153825835_1297103145_n.jpg

It's all a bit sad when you can't dress up as who you want at halloween. I bet it wasn't those who were abused that are complaining.

Otis

Someone on GMK said they were going to dress up as Jimmy Savile for Halloween.

:facepalm:

Good job it's not a sensitive issue all over the news at the moment isn't it!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I reckon most Radio One DJ's from the 70's and 80's will be brickin' it now! :whistle:

lordsummerisle

Never ever liked the bloke.

Nor me, that era where Radio One DJ's thought that their ever utterence, whatever it was about(generally about good ol' Maggie) was imortant and influenced the country.

Destroyed by Smashie and Nicey from Bonkers Buckinghamshire and he got a real crinkle on about it.

Paedo or not, a Grade "A" c**t regardless.

Otis

Think I posted on GMK when Savile's name came out, just how good Google search is for telling you things without saying anything.

When's Savile's name was mentioned word was that other famous people from that era could be involved in similar dastardly deeds.

When you typed Jimmy Savile in Google search you got the helpful message, 'people who searched for this also searched for' ...... and then it listed Tony Blackburn, Gary Glitter, Freddie Starr and DLT.

Sometimes the internet is brilliantly helpful!!

wingy

Unless you're a top bloke like Lord McAlpine.
Shows the sensitivity from the beeb as they've just pulled a show tonight on BBC Four TOTP2 featuring you've guessed.

Otis

Tony Blackburn was a DJ in the 70's. He's boasted he's slept with over 500 women.

When you search for Jimmy Savile on Google, Tony Blackburn's name comes up along with Gary Glitter and DLT.

Just saying like. :whistle:

Good job they were all women and not under age girls isn't it!

Last edited:

Otis

To be fair, Blackburn apparently couldn't stand Savile so is probably on that search list for that reason.

Louis Theroux comes up too and he obviously did that documentary on Savile, but Google does give you some good pointers on the whole.

You do have to wonder though just whose name is going to come up next in all this mess. Personally I'd like it to be Norman Tebbit! ;)

dutchman

Recorded over a year ago.

Aspel spent a whole week researching Savile's life, then a full evening recording with him yet "has no memory of ever meeting him".

[video=youtube;w3zyy272DLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zyy272DLk[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread