Job titles (1 Viewer)

Otis

I'm sure they get more and more ridiculous.

Got an email from my daughter's school last week from the 'Resilience Manager' and today my missus got a booklet from her work signed by the 'Director of HR and Talent Development.'

:(

Terry Gibson's perm

You are not wrong, seems to be loads of directors now as well. I am a rep it's simple none of those stupid titles

Nick

Administrator
I used to have to go to a company where I think you had to fart and you were a director, I can't be doing with all of the pretentious stuff where people worry about job titles too much.

Terry Gibson's perm

I used to have to go to a company where I think you had to fart and you were a director, I can't be doing with all of the pretentious stuff where people worry about job titles too much.

I am sure there are people out there who would earn less money to have a fancy title.

Gazolba

I'm an IT3

Pipehitterz

Years back when I was working in a warehouse
You had agency operatives
Operatives
Senior operatives
Section leaders
Senior section leaders
Supervisor
Assistant manager
Manager

Ffs all we did was unload lorries, there was no need for that employees charter

Otis

What about these jobs in social media, Community Data Guerilla and Digital Overlord.

clint van damme

Years back when I was working in a warehouse
You had agency operatives
Operatives
Senior operatives
Section leaders
Senior section leaders
Supervisor
Assistant manager
Manager

Ffs all we did was unload lorries, there was no need for that employees charter
I had the word senior put in front of my job title a couple of years ago but I refuse to add it to my e-mail signature or any correspondence. Wasn't so coy about accepting the rise that went with though!

olderskyblue

Where I work has about 20 staff in total of which about a quarter have director in their title!

I used to consult for a UK Company that had a lot of "associate vice presidents" We would normally know them as Team Leaders or Managers...

olderskyblue

I had the word senior put in front of my job title a couple of years ago but I refuse to add it to my e-mail signature or any correspondence. Wasn't so coy about accepting the rise that went with though!

A lot of Companies give those titles out, not for ability, just for longevity with them, or age...

Not saying yours is like that cvd.. ;)

SkyblueBazza

I was instructed to order a new set of business cards as the newly delivered set I got through I had not requested "Senior" & apparently the business card "has to reflect your proper status"
I was gonna request "Serious Wanker" but thought better of it lol

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Sky_Blue_Daz

My eldest brother got me a job at the Rolls Royce plant in Ansty when I Left school
He told me I'd be an industrial hygienist
As a 16 year old kid I thought I'd be shown how to strip down machinery clean them and put them together again
Initially I thought it could be the start of d great career
In reality I was cleaning the toilets round the factory
There was some manky bastards working in that place

Last edited:

rob9872

In fairness it's a bit like a company having uk in their title suggesting they are a multi national organisation. The title is often more about perception from the contacts your sales guys are dealing with who want to exercise their importance and feel they are being served and in contact with someone more senior. Of course most people know it's bollocks but for those few sales it matters on might make the difference.

dancers lance

Not quite the same, but I know a few people who use work jargon and abbreviations when you are having a conversation with them like you should know exactly what they are talking about? " and I said to Tony, we need three ss290's and ar25.9 before next Monday or we will all be getting a right bollocking"

Liquid Gold

It seems a lot of charities are full of staff and highly paid ceos and fancy offices, there are also lots of companies who seem to have a charity status as well.
It's not really like that, we only have 20 people in the UK and that's the main centre of operation. We try, where possible, to employ members of staff in country from the local populace so that money in transferred there and people with local expertise are able to help. Also work in a building owned by a charity that provides below market rate offices to other charities.

Terry Gibson's perm

It's not really like that, we only have 20 people in the UK and that's the main centre of operation. We try, where possible, to employ members of staff in country from the local populace so that money in transferred there and people with local expertise are able to help. Also work in a building owned by a charity that provides below market rate offices to other charities.

Fair enough just had a look at some of the salaries earned by the ceos and as a percentage of income they are not as high as I thought but still a nice salary.

eastwoodsdustman

It seems a lot of charities are full of staff and highly paid ceos and fancy offices, there are also lots of companies who seem to have a charity status as well.

My dad is an ex serviceman and was always a proud member of the British Legion. Him and his mates were always collecting for the charity up until a year or two ago. They got a copy of the accounts and all resigned their membership straight away in protest as about 80% (might be more) of the money raised went on administration and wages. There was a local part time co-ordinator who was on £40k per annum. To make it worse, they are pretty 'careful' with who they deem needy enough to recive help. Now they won't get involved in raising money as they don't agree with how its spent and distributed.

Users who are viewing this thread