Job (1 Viewer)

Grendel

That's why he needs to play every week

Chipfat

Its nice to have the options, i said at the start of the season squad isnt strong enough in depth, i still think a RB and CB are needed but this is the best squad we have had for a very long time. And a squad if kept together that should compete in the top 6 all season.

D

Deleted member 2477

As soon as job came on you could see he was up for it. Sprinted to get the ball off their players and pressing everything

Grendel

As soon as job came on you could see he was up for it. Sprinted to get the ball off their players and pressing everything

The point is his energy and industry help fleck and vincelot. Without him they are over run.

Armstrong ends up wandering deep in the middle and looks lost.

When people give ratings they should look at both halves and judge accordingly.

We just will have to go with Murphy as he always seems to be capable of destroying teams at the end.

He created the goals for Armstrong but if jOB hadn't played we'd have lost.

covcity4life

Stacked upfront. Love it

Although I am coming round to idea that Armstrong is too good to lose. We need a nippy striker back up perhaps

Maf best suited to away games possibly

Job have us a calming presence whilst also attacking verywith tenacity. Did great

Grendel

Stacked upfront. Love it

Although I am coming round to idea that Armstrong is too good to lose. We need a nippy striker back up perhaps

Maf best suited to away games possibly

Job have us a calming presence whilst also attacking verywith tenacity. Did great

Armstrong was woeful in the first half - the Mowbray interview suggests he was told to start playing like a centre forward.

Rusty Trombone

The point is his energy and industry help fleck and vincelot. Without him they are over run.

We just will have to go with Murphy as he always seems to be capable of destroying teams at the end.

A splendid summary. Will be interesting to see who misses out for Cole, as Mowbray said on the radio he will be playing.

D

Deleted member 2477

Must win tuesday now. Its our game in hand and will put us 1 point off top and open up a gap below. ProbBly the most important game this season

stupot07

He was superb. But just as much as his personal performance the tactical change in formation. From a 442 in which the Peterborough midfield had too much space to what looked him a 4141 with Fleck holding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

oscillatewildly

The double substitution at half time was a no brainer. Mowbray's genius was in keeping Murphy on the pitch when all around, myself included were calling for his head at HT.

Speedies_Chips

The double substitution at half time was a no brainer. Mowbray's genius was in keeping Murphy on the pitch when all around, myself included were calling for his head at HT.

Bloke behind me was telling Murphy to f**k off back to Reading. Which is strange really, seeing how he came from Norwich.

Well done to TM for sticking with him.

Great_Expectations

There's no denying he changed the game today. He was a real leader in the second half and pulled the team through to conclusion.

Not always his biggest fan, predominantly due to his lack of positional sense/discipline, but that does not matter as much when he is playing in the 10 role, as he has two players behind him.

Great performance today, I hope he continues to perform at that level.

eastwoodsdustman

He was superb. But just as much as his personal performance the tactical change in formation. From a 442 in which the Peterborough midfield had too much space to what looked him a 4141 with Fleck holding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nail on the head time! Lost count of the umber of times in first half that our front two watched their midfield pick up the ball off the defence and pick holes in our team. As soon as JOB was put a little deeper it stopped their playmakers.
He played like a man with something to prove mind.

nmp2327

JOB changed the game today, as for MAF I believe it makes an excellent sub coming on when teams are tired

Evo1883

JOB changed the game agreed ..i also think stokes is looking a bit lost without reda .. needs to improve his distribution massively

Grendel

JOB changed the game agreed ..i also think stokes is looking a bit lost without reda .. needs to improve his distribution massively

How can he be lost without a player who couldn't pass a ball out of defence to save his life?

He struggled as we played 4 4 2 which relied on Murphy supporting defensively. Normally he would have JOB as a third midfielder helping.

It's part why Phillips was helped out in the second half as relying on Lameires to cover was absurd. Lameires gave one if the worst performances I've seen by a professional in some time. He was beyond appalling.

wingy

How can he be lost without a player who couldn't pass a ball out of defence to save his life?

He struggled as we played 4 4 2 which relied on Murphy supporting defensively. Normally he would have JOB as a third midfielder helping.

It's part why Phillips was helped out in the second half as relying on Lameires to cover was absurd. Lameires gave one if the worst performances I've seen by a professional in some time. He was beyond appalling.

Hyperbole....

bawtryneal

i must say I normally disagree with most of what you post on here, although most of the time you are just after creating a reaction, but I 100% agree with what you have posted above. Keep up the good work

Great afternoon out at the Ricoh apart from journey home to South Yorks.

Evo1883

Stokes was woeful today,appears mowbray agreed.

Grendel

Hobo

JOB was a game changer today. Looked really good in a more central role because he has the energy to support the wider players. Brought Vincelot to life, or at least it seemed that way because all of a sudden Vincelot had an ally. Between them they forced Posh into errors, they also had an outlet wide in Kent....which Murphy just wasn't offering.

Evo1883

Why did he agree? When did he say he was woeful?
Pulled him off and rightly so,murphy is left often with too much work to do because stokes never feeds him in the gaps,always looking to go sidewards or backward.

Evo1883

Oddly I thought Stokes was the pick of the back 4 today.

First half he had no support as 'Le Sulk' wasn't to be seen In front of him.
No they singled him as the weakness and ruined us first half down the left,murphy wasnt blame free though i admit

Grendel

Pulled him off and rightly so,murphy is left often with too much work to do because stokes never feeds him in the gaps,always looking to go sidewards or backward.

So - are you saying every time Mowbray takes a player off that player in mowbrays opinion is woeful?

If stokes starts next game do you think he believed Haynes was even more woeful?

Do you think Mowbray has been wrong to believe stokes is superior to Haynes defensively?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

So - are you saying every time Mowbray takes a player off that player in mowbrays opinion is woeful?

If stokes starts next game do you think he believed Haynes was even more woeful?

Do you think Mowbray has been wrong to believe stokes is superior to Haynes defensively?

Haynes & Phillips as the fullbacks In a back 4 is the stuff of nightmares!

Users who are viewing this thread