Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Oxford shipping him out on loan already I see

South West Sky Blue

I was at Bristol Rovers vs Oxford. He came on for the last 5 mins or so. Committed, quick and agile, however his touch let him down a couple times. He just didn’t have long enough to get into the game.

higgs

Hopefully gets himself sorted with Charlton and shows Oxford what they are missing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frostie

How can you spend the majority of summer on trial with a club and they don’t want you a month in?!

Doesn't help that the manager has changed systems to one that now doesn't include wingers.

A similar little anecdote that made me smile this summer was Carl Baker's lad having to trial for Telford, the club where his dad is assistant manager...

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Honestly thought he'd rip up league 1. Hopefully he still does somewhere.
Problem with Jones is he ripped up league two for half a season. He wasn’t setting the world alight before we got relegated to league two and of course was injured during our league one seasons.

probably needs a league two loan to get his confidence back

Hobo

It can happen, I suppose. To an extent, the likes of Jobello (even if not injured) & Kastaneer were made redundant after our formation change in October 19.

Of course formation changes can come because certain players perhaps weren't good enough to make the previous system work and the manager goes with a system that utilises the strengths of the players in the squad.

Hobo

It is clear they feel after his injuries he needs to be playing matches regularly between now and Christmas so they can assess him properly.

It is not like they have given up on him or rejected him - just a realisation he needs to be getting regular football.

Offhegoes

He probably needed to drop to League 2, so he was sure to be a starter. Build up his confidence, and try to get back to the form of 2018/2019.
Still think he will be a decent Championship player eventually but having missed 3.5 years of football with injury, he needs a season of playing 40 games.

Users who are viewing this thread