Jon Taylor anyone (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

20 year old winger at Shrewsbury, bags of pace and looked decent against us

Mucca Mad Boys

Good player, but I think he's attracting interest from the Championship.

I'd probably start him for CCFC.

suddsy101

Just to point out i put exactly this in a post on another thread about 3 weeks ago.(see below)

" i suggest buying Jon Taylor from Shrewsbury. good pace, young and hes got a good finish on him."

Covstu

not sure the relevance of this thread as we don't have the funds to go and get a player like this unless he was out of contract!

skybluebeduff

Pipe dream, wishful thinking, spouting random players to buy, not paid the rent yet either, not brought a player since..... Barton and the previous was Cody, the previous to Cody was....... quite a while! Unless he's free or on the loan list these threads are pointless imo.

Mucca Mad Boys

Pipe dream, wishful thinking, spouting random players to buy, not paid the rent yet either, not brought a player since..... Barton and the previous was Cody, the previous to Cody was....... quite a while! Unless he's free or on the loan list these threads are pointless imo.

I don't know why you're saying this as a bad thing, it doesn't matter if we don't sign a player for a fee, it matters how good they are and our team is of a very good standard for L1 standard and most if our players are freebies, like most L1 sides.

MKD and Sheff U are interested and I'd say we have more money than MKD definitely maybe Sheff U.

wingy

I don't know why you're saying this as a bad thing, it doesn't matter if we don't sign a player for a fee, it matters how good they are and our team is of a very good standard for L1 standard and most if our players are freebies, like most L1 sides.

MKD and Sheff U are interested and I'd say we have more money than MKD definitely maybe Sheff U.

Only if we sell someone first.

skybluegod

Never going to happen. And tbh we don't have a problem creating chances it's taking them. Would much rather spend money on a proven goal scorer than a 20 year old winger who has potential

Mucca Mad Boys

Never going to happen. And tbh we don't have a problem creating chances it's taking them. Would much rather spend money on a proven goal scorer than a 20 year old winger who has potential

We've just signed Leon Clarke... 11 in 16, he'll be a good signing mark my words.

We're neither going to sign Taylor or a 'proven goalscorer' (for money), so it's pretty pointless what I'm going to say, but here goes, Taylor is a good young player who has potential to, possibly, be a prem player, and bearing in mind that Baker is 30 (or 29 going on 30) we need a youth winger to step up or we need to sign someone to play there.

skybluegod

We've just signed Leon Clarke... 11 in 16, he'll be a good signing mark my words.

We're neither going to sign Taylor or a 'proven goalscorer' (for money), so it's pretty pointless what I'm going to say, but here goes, Taylor is a good young player who has potential to, possibly, be a prem player, and bearing in mind that Baker is 30 (or 29 going on 30) we need a youth winger to step up or we need to sign someone to play there.

Will Roberts looks good for the future. Also bell can step in for baker for a couple years? we have baker a second chance why not bell.Also what if Clarke gets injured and with Elliot's injury record even though I rate him we need another proven striker all good teams have at least 2 good strikers.

LJC_CCFC

So you would take baker our captain and second top goal scorer out the team for Taylor?

No, that's not what I said. I said we need more pace, Taylor is an option he can play on either flank. It's more to have something different coming off the bench when the opposing teams defence is knackered

skybluegod

No, that's not what I said. I said we need more pace, Taylor is an option he can play on either flank. It's more to have something different coming off the bench when the opposing teams defence is knackered

so waste what little money that we have for a bench player?

dongonzalos

Maybe will will get him with money saved from the rent a drop of possibly 1 million plus.
Correct me if I am wrong but did you and others say SISU can afford to pay it but are choosing not to as it is too much.

If it was not you I apologise but many who have said SISU are just playing good tactics have said SISU can afford it but are choosing not to pay

How much would this lad cost.

Mucca Mad Boys

Maybe will will get him with money saved from the rent a drop of possibly 1 million plus.
Correct me if I am wrong but did you and others say SISU can afford to pay it but are choosing not to as it is too much.

If it was not you I apologise but many who have said SISU are just playing good tactics have said SISU can afford it but are choosing not to pay

How much would this lad cost.

Firstly, I don't think we'd sign Taylor, unless we got promoted, even then, I wouldn't put money on it.

I don't want to change the direction of this thread to a discussion of rent etc.

In short though, if some money was saved from a reduction in rent, it would be logical and rational to think that some money would be set aside for investment in the playing staff.

dongonzalos

Well hopefully if you are proved right as you so gleefully posted the other day and SISU have brought ACL down further than 400k. That this will be spent on CCFC
In addition to the fact that apparently they could afford to pay the rent if they wanted to.
Fingers crossed paying money for a player may not be an impossibility that I personally felt it would be after all.

Grendel

Well hopefully if you are proved right as you so gleefully posted the other day and SISU have brought ACL down further than 400k. That this will be spent on CCFC
In addition to the fact that apparently they could afford to pay the rent if they wanted to.
Fingers crossed paying money for a player may not be an impossibility that I personally felt it would be after all.

The last two players we spent money on prove that money isn't everything.

skybluegod

The last two players we spent money on prove that money isn't everything.

The last 2 players we spent money on were brought by a scout who had no idea what type of system he would use so brought in players he though were good.

Users who are viewing this thread