Josh Doig - Hellas Verona (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Hellas Verona are my guilty pleasure 2nd team.

Have watched a few of their games, and they have an attacking left (wing) back called Josh Doig. Cracking player, and unfortunate that Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney are about at international level. Love CCFC to get him, but unlikely as he's in Serie A. Just scored a belter against Udinese.

What do you think @Sick Boy ?

David O'Day

Have watched a few of their games, and they have an attacking left (wing) back called Josh Doig. Cracking player, and unfortunate that Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney are about at international level. Love CCFC to get him, but unlikely as he's in Serie A. Just scored a belter against Udinese.

He not ripped apart in the SPL good going forward but pretty clueless defensively

Sick Boy

He’s decent and popular with the locals and I’d love to see him at CCFC too but no chance because of wages now he’s playing in Serie A.
Henderson who used to play for Hellas is at Empoli now - I reckon they’d both done fine in the Championship but probably earn more over here - the quality of Serie A has got worse over the last few 5 years though.

Sky Blue Harry H

He’s decent and popular with the locals and I’d love to see him at CCFC too but no chance because of wages now he’s playing in Serie A.
Henderson who used to play for Hellas is at Empoli now - I reckon they’d both done fine in the Championship but probably earn more over here - the quality of Serie A has got worse over the last few 5 years though.

Hellas missing Barak (really like him) and Sirmione?)'s goals.

Sick Boy

Hellas missing Barak (really like him) and Sirmione?)'s goals.
Barak is a cracking player! The loans in Italy are a little strange - have you been to see Hellas vs Fiorentina?
The fans are twinned with each other - going to the games is like a glorified friendly with the fans cheering the other team’s goals and singing their songs - it’s a really strange experience.
I think Hellas will have enough for lower mid-table, there’s some really poor teams in the league this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

The fans are twinned with each other - going to the games is like a glorified friendly with the fans cheering the other team’s goals and singing their songs - it’s a really strange experience.

Read about it in Tim Parks book 'A season in Verona' - gemmelllagio or some such?

Never seen Hellas play, my interest was borne from Lake Garda/Verona area visits with my family (wife not into footie, so I didn't push my luck) Was in Peschieira when they got promoted and a lot of kids were riding around on their scooters waving Hellas flags.

Sick Boy

Read about it in Tim Parks book 'A season in Verona' - gemmelllagio or some such?

Never seen Hellas play, my interest was borne from Lake Garda/Verona area visits with my family (wife not into footie, so I didn't push my luck) Was in Peschieira when they got promoted and a lot of kids were riding around on their scooters waving Hellas flags.
What year was that? I went to the 0-0 vs Empoli in 2013 that secured promotion - I think it was the first time they’d been in Serie A for a while.

Sick Boy

Yes - things look a bit sticky at the moment. Can't be doing with getting worked up over 2 teams! Following City is stressful enough. Hellas were meant to be light relief :ROFLMAO:
I had the game on in the background while working yesterday and they were pretty bad - i'm not sure he'll last until the end of the month at this rate - the locals aren't happy at all.

Sky Blue Harry H

I had the game on in the background while working yesterday and they were pretty bad - i'm not sure he'll last until the end of the month at this rate - the locals aren't happy at all.

I remember in the Tim Parks book, about the 'fans' turning up at the training ground to let the players/coach know that they were unhappy about performances )back in the Mutu/Laursen era).

Sky Blue Harry H

@Sky Blue Harry H - he was sacked a few days after my post. They’ve got a new manager but have just suffered another defeat, without investment It’s not looking good.

Watched the first half yesterday. Great equaliser against them. You can see the way they have been weakened by the loss of Barak, Simeone? and the really classy centre back, whose name escapes me (feels like an ominous parallel with us losing Gyo, Hamer and O'Hare :cautious:) I can imagine the fans are in a bit of a mutinous mood. Have the owners replaced their better players on the cheap?

Users who are viewing this thread