JPT area final (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Vickie

OK so it was the area final in a tinpot cup and sadly we didn't quite make the proper final at wembley but at least it was a final.

I know a lot of people discounted the JPT as a micky mouse cup but think it has been very beneficial for the club.

It has taught us that we can win games and reversed a lot of the trend for negativity.
It has brought lots of excitement and given something to cheer about.
It has brought some pride back to the club.
It has got people talking about football rather than all the issues for a change.

Sadly it is now over without the trip to wembley but we need to use the momentum generated to keep pushing forward. If we believe we can get promotion. An area final and promotion in one season, who would have believed that in august. PUSB

Oh and cause I am a bit bitter promotion for us whilst huddersfield get relegated would be sweet :)

withnail

It was good recent experience for playing a 2 leg semi final at this level.
Experience that could be vital if we make the play offs.

SkyblueBazza

OK so it was the area final in a tinpot cup and sadly we didn't quite make the proper final at wembley but at least it was a final.

I know a lot of people discounted the JPT as a micky mouse cup but think it has been very beneficial for the club.

It has taught us that we can win games and reversed a lot of the trend for negativity.
It has brought lots of excitement and given something to cheer about.
It has brought some pride back to the club.
It has got people talking about football rather than all the issues for a change.

Sadly it is now over without the trip to wembley but we need to use the momentum generated to keep pushing forward. If we believe we can get promotion. An area final and promotion in one season, who would have believed that in august. PUSB

Oh and cause I am a bit bitter promotion for us whilst huddersfield get relegated would be sweet :)

Agree with a lot of what you say...particularly disagree with the "tinpot cup" status (especially as you appear to disapprovingly refer to others calling it a "mickey mouse" cup"). It is a trophy & to L1/2 clubs brings valuable revenue, & is their only realistic opportunity of winning anything.
The JPT is only referred to in a derisory manner by those who support a Premiership club (& never won or had chance to enter it) or those who do not really believe their club have a realistic chance of winning it even though they are/have entered it.
Those who are in it ALL set out to win it...it's probably most of these Clubs (& their players) only foreseeable realistic chance of appearing at Wembley & getting the relative windfall prize-money.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Sorry the reference to tinpot was sarcastic as I don't agree that it is not important. I have thought from the first that important with real chance of winning it. I think there were some who didn't see this though.

Black6Osprey

I agree with what you say about what it has done for us this season but without trying to be disrespectful it's a tinpot cup. If this starts to become a much loved prize then we have been in league 1 way too long. I can only compare last night with when we were in the semi in 87 against Leeds. The emotions and excitement of that day compared to last night are so far apart it's hard to even compare them. If the JPT can't command anything like the same emotion then tbf how can it be anything other than tinpot.

I see crewe have a 15k ticket allocation. Wow. It's going to be one of the few games extra ball boys will be required to clamber over seats to fetch the ball back.

Users who are viewing this thread