Jubilee (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Anyone give a monkeys?

I do love the pomp but the undeserved privilege and class system that is underpinned by it all is pretty abhorrent.

Others celebrating?
Hilarious watching bbc saying how positive it all is when they’ve had no balance at all

Brighton Sky Blue

I went to protest at the 2012 river show. We had secured a place that could hold thousands but the police only let in a few hundred despite the paperwork being done. No British media were there but plenty of foreign news outlets interviewing people.

As for this time around of course they put it in half term so no extra days off for the worship of Her Maj

Grendel

Anyone give a monkeys?

I do love the pomp but the undeserved privilege and class system that is underpinned by it all is pretty abhorrent.

Others celebrating?
Hilarious watching bbc saying how positive it all is when they’ve had no balance at all

It’s you patriotic duty to celebrate and be proud of the establishment you have

Bugsy

Sky_Blue_Daz

Couldn’t care less ,the money that been spent could of been divided up into each house hold around the country . Imagine how easier things would be if Liz had give us all 30 grand .

Grendel

I find it disgusting that we spend so much money on these privileged people when there are people who are destitute and homeless. I work in London and see people sleeping on the streets not far from where all this nonsense is happening.

Mr Starmer disagrees

Grendel

Bugsy

So BBC aren’t really being balanced then. Pretty much unanimous scathing on this bastion of the nations mood

Why??? Because afew people on SBT don't like the monarch lol have u seen the crowd's down there and there's plenty people I know having street parties.

skybluetony176

I find it disgusting that we spend so much money on these privileged people when there are people who are destitute and homeless. I work in London and see people sleeping on the streets not far from where all this nonsense is happening.
I live in Rugby and see that. I don’t think there’s a town or city in the country where there isn’t visibly people living on the street. Possibly never went away but I don’t recall it being this visible since the 70’s maybe into the 80’s in Rugby. The country is spiralling and we’re £1B on worshiping the most privileged by birth person that ever lived.

Sky Blue Pete

I live in Rugby and see that. I don’t think there’s a town or city in the country where there isn’t visibly people living on the street. Possibly never went away but I don’t recall it being this visible since the 70’s maybe into the 80’s in Rugby. The country is spiralling and we’re £1B on worshiping the most privileged by birth person that ever lived.
Speculate to accumulate ffs

Sky Blue Pete

Why??? Because afew people on SBT don't like the monarch lol have u seen the crowd's down there and there's plenty people I know having street parties.
Do you reckon it’s 20% we’ll for it, 20% abhorred and 60 somewhere in the middle?

duffer

There are many, many things to question about this constitutional monarchy thing, not least of which is the lack of a proper Constitution - but at least the old girl has some sense of decency and public service.

That's considerably more than anyone in the current disgrace in Government can say.

Better a jubilee than a Happy Brexit Day, I suppose, though there are plenty of the hard of thinking who probably believe we're all celebrating both.

Grendel

Bugsy

Do you reckon it’s 20% we’ll for it, 20% abhorred and 60 somewhere in the middle?

I wouldn't know actual, factual figures per say but would say its more than what we think do like the Queen than not, im not saying the whole monarchy either.
either way it's part of our history.

Grendel

I hate to break it to you but there are homeless people in republics as well

Brighton Sky Blue

she’s one of the most popular head of states in the world with her own public

A lifetime of waving, eating banquets and living in palaces. A huge cheer any time you show your face anywhere, really you'd have to be a complete cretin like Charles/Harry/Andrew to mess it up. It's one of the few jobs where 'service' counts as living in immense privilege for no merit

Grendel

A lifetime of waving, eating banquets and living in palaces. A huge cheer any time you show your face anywhere, really you'd have to be a complete cretin like Charles/Harry/Andrew to mess it up. It's one of the few jobs where 'service' counts as living in immense privilege for no merit

You sound rather bitter.

Grendel

Not surprising despite being abhorred by our class ridden society at its pinnacle with the privilege of her family the queen is something different

It will hardly change - William is equally as popular

SBT out of touch with public opinion reality shocker

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldn't know actual, factual figures per say but would say its more than what we think do like the Queen than not, im not saying the whole monarchy either.
either way it's part of our history.

Most recent poll on this went 61% to keep the monarchy, 24% for an elected head of state and 15% don't know. Support for the monarchy was proportional with age, unsurprisingly. Will be interesting to see how that changes as and when Charles takes over

Users who are viewing this thread