Just a pointless memory (1 Viewer)

Martin84

Was listening to talk sport today and it had the England rugby team coach Eddie Jones on. He started talking about football and maybe footy coaches should watch the match from the stand rather than the touch line. This led me on the remember when strachan always used to watch the first half in the stand with Richardson. It puzzles me as to why more managers don't take this stance as you can see a lot more of what's going on in the game and players positions and runs. As I said just a random memory

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This was common place in late 90's managers sitting in the stands Allardyce used to do it Mcclaren these days but it's one of these fads that dies out.

Like 442
Big man little man partnerships

I'm sure the list could go on!

Otis

Yeah. It is so true that you do get so much a better picture of the game from the stands. At ground level it can often be a bit of a blur and your line of vision blocked.

Much easier to see the space and the marking and lack of from the stands.

Brylowes

Yeah. It is so true that you do get so much a better picture of the game from the stands. At ground level it can often be a bit of a blur and your line of vision blocked.

Wouldn't dream of sitting below halfway myself.

JimmyHillsbeard

Remember when Pressley's decision to watch games from the stands was one of the most controversial things we had to worry about?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Are so that's why the manager sees a different game to the fans .

But watching this lot from Mars , it would still look crap .

Liquid Gold

I think the point is that you can have more of an effect on the mentality of your players from the touchline, you then have cameras to film every bit of the game which you analyse later and enact any changes in training.

Users who are viewing this thread