Just calculated.... (1 Viewer)

skybluenewman

A one hour journey to Northampton from my end. What a joke, was a 20 min journey if that to the ricoh. I for one won't be going to every home game... I do love city but this is beyond me financially. I just am devastated its for 3 years. sisu :jerkit:

shy_tall_knight

3 years I remember Hucks having his picture taken at the gasworks site in 1998, in December 2002 CCC passed a motion to build the stadium and shops, 3 years seems very optomistic

Otis

2 hours return then and from Cov you are looking at a 70 mile round trip every time.

SkyBlueCharlie

30+minutes by rail, £9.80 return so over £200 a year extra to travel to a second rate stadium that is above to suffer redevelopment and all the disruption that entails. Sorry, no way!

ccfc92

340 mile round trip for me to Ricoh, so does not matter much us moving (distance wise)

But it's still shit n I'm so fucked off -.-

Sub

200 mile round trip 3 and a half hours travel which is an extra 80 mile compared to traveling to the ricoh. no chance !!! will go to away games portvale will be my nearst game disgusted at our owners for this situation no thoughts for the fans

dazzled2u

I just can't understand how this is financially viable for the club - didn't ACL offer a year of being rent free?

No land or planning permission to build a new ground
Cost of building new ground
Cost of renting another ground
Greatly reduced income as much less support - they will be lucky to average 4000 people in total but suspect it will be closer to 2000 in reality.

What a financially sound decision?!? it just seems to be yet another shot in the head!

Paxman II

Think what must be understood here is not the 'hard core' such as those that occupy forums like this and bleed sky blue but the 10% of the 300,000 or so general public with their families and friends who go every week or most other weeks at home games from around the city of Coventry.
That is who are affected the most. In other words the 'main' body of support that any football club needs. Most of those will not venture to Northampton but for a couple of times. Only the ones who bleed sky blue will go, a bit like away fans if you like. Take those and add a couple of thousand at best of those missing 10% of normal fans and that will be it.

torchomatic

We do 40 now from Warwick, but we're not going anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread