Just catching up

Discussion in 'Ricoh Row / Politics / SISU Section' started by hackneyfox, Sep 4, 2016.

1. hackneyfox

hackneyfox Member

I see you've got a whole section on sisu and politics.
    It'll take me an age to read all that, genuinely interested.
    What's happened in the last 12 months on the pitch?
    What are the plans for the next 12?
    Are you still embroiled in the sisu v ccc face offs?
    Did Sisu ever get their day in court?

Do you think we'll win the EPL and/or CL this season?

2. CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze Well-Known Member

3. Terry Gibson's perm

Terry Gibson's perm Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with anything CJ has said about our club

On yours I think you will do well to get in the top ten this year, not sure on your champions league group as I don't pay much attention to it but no you have no chance on winning the c/l far too many teams with too much quality and experience.

How do you feel spending all that money on that new bloke.

4. hackneyfox

hackneyfox Member

I thought we'd be top 10 last season, I'm going for top 6 this time, so we should piss it.

We've been after him for some time and we hadn't spent much so it makes sense.

More interested in how you're all doing. Quick read of the sisu/politics page shows that things haven't changed much, still sisu v ccc and now ccc/wasps.
    Seems nobody has changed sides either.

5. Gazolba

Gazolba Well-Known Member

In order: We won some, lost some and drew some. Same thing. Yes. Yes. No.

6. SkyBlue_Bear83

SkyBlue_Bear83 Well-Known Member

Basically our academy is folding and we will probably be at sixfields again in two seasons time

So all is normal here

7. Warwickhunt

Warwickhunt Well-Known Member

Well bless me Hackers! Thought you had left this depressing corner of the Web for good it's been that long, politics? Well let's say it's moved on a tad since you last experienced life in the shit end of the football league. The latest and most damaging things are that the Wasps have now been given planning permission to build a 7 million training centre on the Higgs Academy with the help of the coventry sports foundation (CALL IT CCC) might make things easier to explain. Just being that the Higgs will not let us renew our contract beyond its expiry in 2017 so that's bollix ed up our player feed and a loss of £600+ k a year fromthe league that we get for a status 2 youth academy. We were discussing a ground share with the coventry city rugby club but that was kicked into touch after interference from external sources who suggested to the owners that football should not be played on it (let you guess who that was). Wasp have stopped talks with us to extend our stay at the Ricoh beyond the 2018 current agreement apparently they want SISU to stop the litigation against the council before talks can resume! Fuck knows what it's got to do with them ( leave you to put two and two together) Tony Mowbury has let most of last year's squad go and failed to get adequate signings through the door was even going to the wire on the last day of august window trying to get loans, it would seem to me that even players that have no clubs would rather stay on the dole than sign for us. Apart from that we are having a cracking campaign! What's life like supporting a premier league side mate?

8. steveo1987

steveo1987 Well-Known Member

Very depressing at the moment

9. steveo1987

steveo1987 Well-Known Member

Shame GMK is dead as we could have some fun like the old days.Football is hard to take at the moment let alone a bit of forum banter.

vow and capel & collindridge like this.
  10. chickentikkamasala

chickentikkamasala Active Member

Did Knowl ever say the reason for letting GMK close? if it was due to membership numbers/postings? the sign up process was very dodgy to say the least, almost like it was censored ;)

11. skyblue1991

skyblue1991 Well-Known Member

Might be worth asking on twitter:

http://twitter.com/gmkonline

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

12. pipkin73

pipkin73 Active Member

13. NorthernWisdom

NorthernWisdom Well-Known Member

I'd go for technical incompetence rather than conspiracy myself...

14. pipkin73

pipkin73 Active Member

I was originally a GMK poster, then it changed!! When it changed it was worth f all.

15. Warwickhunt

Warwickhunt Well-Known Member

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/save-city-ccfc-write-government-wasps-planning-application/

enjoy

16. chickentikkamasala

chickentikkamasala Active Member

me too, i was also a poster on Skyblueuntrust ;) I dont have Twitter so cannot ask Knowl why he closed it.

17. pipkin73

pipkin73 Active Member

I clicked like, but I hated it. Shows how far we have fallen.

18. capel & collindridge

capel & collindridge Member

On GMK I was Bantsvet. I always thought Hackney was a very decent sort. Unlike lesser varieties of Foxes, he seldom gloated.

Now he doesn't need to. Just by coming on SBT, he ensures we feel humiliated still further. Just by being here. He doesn't need to say anything.

But in fairness, my contempt for all things Leicester began to be tempered when I watched highlights of their games the season before last when they were a long way adrift of safety, way off the bottom of the league. And I started appreciating how good they were. Despite losing match after match, they played some exciting football. I wasn't surprised when they stayed up; only when they won the league. And, I'm ashamed to admit, I felt quite pleased for them when they did. They really deserved their success.

I try to imagine meeting them in the Championship or League One - and sadly I find my imagination isn't up to that: it can only picture the next 20 years or so...

The Reverend Skyblue likes this.
  19. olderskyblue

olderskyblue Well-Known Member

he certainly acted that way, yet on their own board he was scathing about us, saying he hates Coventry City, the way we play, the fans, the city etc...

I will give him some credit though, he seemed to know more about the sky blues than a lot of our own fans... so to believe he hasn't kept somewhat up to date on us in the last 12 months (even given his own teams success) is doubtful ;) Who knows, he might be a regular poster on here under another name.. :jawdrop:

20. hackneyfox

hackneyfox Member

olderskyblue
    Believe me you most certainly weren't in my thoughts over the last 12 months, far too worried about Spuds coming for us.

21. NorthernWisdom

I'd trust the Dalai Lama's CCFC knowledge ahead of some of our fans...

22. NorthernWisdom

0 likes is about right, mind you.

23. Ashdown

Ashdown Well-Known Member

Can't believe people even respond to him !

Fergusons_Beard likes this.