Just let it happen (Help if you can) (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

Called it days ago that it could be the ownership being forced to wasps.

Obvious really.

Did you write that? Looks like a press release

It's not surprising people will be encouraging sisu out protests now, that ramped up a few weeks ago.

Nick Days ago.

You and i had a few debates on this over a month ago, im sure you knew where this was going. This play on words is not going to stop, but sadly only one party needs talks. Wasps will keep standing on the neck of Sisu until they drop the Court cases and once they do that Sisu are at the complete mercy of all the parties that have joined together to get Sisu out of this city.

What happens after is up for debate.

Nick

Administrator
Nick Days ago.

You and i had a few debates on this over a month ago, im sure you knew where this was going. This play on words is not going to stop, but sadly only one party needs talks. Wasps will keep standing on the neck of Sisu until they drop the Court cases and once they do that Sisu are at the complete mercy of all the parties that have joined together to get Sisu out of this city.

What happens after is up for debate.
meanwhile damaging the club. Think this is what people miss

Chipfat

Id break my association with supporting the club if they took over.

There you go, Gren true colours, all these post's about the club, the team, going to Northampton to support the boy's, the only one you have supported is SISU. They care for you as much as they do the club, they use you the same and will keep using you until whatever they are after is gained or lost.

By the way not 1 owner of any club in this land cares about the club they own, days of the past have gone, no longer a working mans game, more like a business opportunity if all goes well(premiership). But when a certain group has failed in every department then its time to move on and try another group that will try to improve things. This is not a certain outcome with any new owner, but the owners are running the business without due care and attention of the fans or the clubs future. So this is not the devil you know, this is about the devil you see, hear and fear, time for change, 9 years of utter tripe on and off the pitch.

I know you will come back with who will buy, Sisu will not sell, reasons to justify or the best misdirection attempt, about Wasps, CCC or Charity being the bad guys. And i will agree with you they are, but you are becoming the one a the few that see Sisu as a victim and not the root cause of all our issue's.

Chipfat

I said it before and will say it again, the club is damaged anyway and the more Sisu dig in the more of a mess will be left. The parties involved other than Sisu are waiting for this and have made a decision to take a calculated risk that what's left will be a foundation to build from. Nick, damaging the club now for a brighter future maybe the only way, sometimes you have to break something back to its bare bones to start again. This current situation is only getting worse, i don't like the idea of damaging the club i just see it as the only way they get rid of our owners. The most important thing now is what is left, not what we have now.

Chipfat

I can't fathom why anyone would be happy if Wasps took over...

I think happy is probably the wrong word, change is what fans are looking for. I would say most see it, as if Wasps did have ownership of the club, with what they currently own in regards to stadium and Higgs it takes most of the current issues away and encourages spending at the Ricoh on game days influential towards the club direction going forward.

I have no idea this is the plan just a simplistic solution to todays issues.

Last edited:

Ian1779

They own a stadium and training facilities we need ?
They have better management team than Sisu ?
They do own the stadium
They have better PR

No respect for tradition, culture or history.
Just another hedge fund.

Just end up with more of the same.. So instead of the money going to buy Joy handbags it will go to pay for James Haskell's wages.

Chipfat

They do own the stadium
They have better PR

No respect for tradition, culture or history.
Just another hedge fund.

Just end up with more of the same.. So instead of the money going to buy Joy handbags it will go to pay for James Haskell's wages.

Not one owner in the country has respect for culture or history, them days are gone, as for paying the rugby teams wages if they did take ownership surely running 2 successful sporting teams is an advantage. Not running one successfully to fund the other for failure. Ian i maybe wrong, this maybe a not even on the table or in Wasps thought process, but it has its advantages if that's the aim.

stupot07

Doesn't matter anyway. They won't be taking us over, we'd cost them far too much money to run and will bring significant financial risk. They will go for low budget franchises like the netball. I wojod certainly think basketball will be one of them, they now have the temporary flooring for the netball, so will just need some basketball hoops.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I said it before and will say it again, the club is damaged anyway and the more Sisu dig in the more of a mess will be left. The parties involved other than Sisu are waiting for this and have made a decision to take a calculated risk that what's left will be a foundation to build from. Nick, damaging the club now for a brighter future maybe the only way, sometimes you have to break something back to its bare bones to start again. This current situation is only getting worse, i don't like the idea of damaging the club i just see it as the only way they get rid of our owners. The most important thing now is what is left, not what we have now.

What is the foundation going to be? I keep hearing people talk about liquidation for wasps to pick up the pieces?

SkyBlueZack

Where is the evidence this is an assault on SISU/the club so that the club can be rebuilt again? Where does CCFC fit in with the CCC/Wasps/CSF plan for a city of rugby? Are CCFC important to a city of rugby? If SISU do leave and the parties all of a sudden become helpful and CCFC are successful, where does that leave the city of rugby initiative? In the eyes of CCC/CSF, you know the people you need on side, who is most important, Wasps or CCFC?

Chipfat

What is the foundation going to be? I keep hearing people talk about liquidation for wasps to pick up the pieces?

Its a big if Nick, but as said multiple times if the others parties involved have this aim they have took a calculated risk on taking whatever is left can be built on. I'm guessing bud, like every other man women and child on here.

chiefdave

They own a stadium and training facilities we need ?
They will be using those training facilities themselves. If we had the same owners we'd be the second thought in everything.

What happens if we have the same owners and they sell to an owner who wants to move Wasps back to London? They aren't likely to gift us the stadium to stay in Cov so would we be moved with them?

italiahorse

They will be using those training facilities themselves. If we had the same owners we'd be the second thought in everything.

What happens if we have the same owners and they sell to an owner who wants to move Wasps back to London? They aren't likely to gift us the stadium to stay in Cov so would we be moved with them?

It's all what ifs with you.
All I know this slow death by stagnation is going nowhere.
I'd sooner liquidate if necessary and start again. At least we could look up instead of down all the time.
Whether we liquidate or not depends on Sisu doing the decent thing and putting us up for sale at a reasonable price. Let's see who takes us on. If they don't it will take a few years for the club to fold as everybody else moves on.
I'm hanging in here at the moment in hope but it's never going to happen with these clowns.
A lot of people have given up already and they get more every day.

Nick

Administrator
It's all what ifs with you.
All I know this slow death by stagnation is going nowhere.
I'd sooner liquidate if necessary and start again. At least we could look up instead of down all the time.
Whether we liquidate or not depends on Sisu doing the decent thing and putting us up for sale at a reasonable price. Let's see who takes us on. If they don't it will take a few years for the club to fold as everybody else moves on.
I'm hanging in here at the moment in hope but it's never going to happen with these clowns.
A lot of people have given up already and they get more every day.
Why not support cov United?

Are people really calling for liquidation?

SkyBlueZack

Only Italia. He just doing Wasps dirty work. People will think no stadium, no academy, no future. Then hear liqudation being banged on about and think that's what's about to happen. Thus creating panic and anger at SISU. Something is most certainly in the pipeline. My bet it will be regarding the academy. Secretary of state won't stop it. Once it has been rubber stamped. All documents will be exchanged and it will become apparent that we can not be housed at the Higgs. By the time it's revealed, the SISU out storm will be in full flow and they will cop the rap for it.

Nick

Administrator
Only Italia. He just doing Wasps dirty work. People will think no stadium, no academy, no future. Then hear liqudation being banged on about and think that's what's about to happen. Thus creating panic and anger at SISU. Something is most certainly in the pipeline. My bet it will be regarding the academy. Secretary of state won't stop it. Once it has been rubber stamped. All documents will be exchanged and it will become apparent that we can not be housed at the Higgs. By the time it's revealed, the SISU out storm will be in full flow and they will cop the rap for it.
Got it in one.

Amazing people want to play in the same league as sphinx, so wasps can be our owners.

Almost like they are happy our club is being forced towards liquidation. I hope it's fun watching us against bedworth United, at least sisu are gone though.

SkyBlueZack

Got it in one.

Amazing people want to play in the same league as sphinx, so wasps can be our owners.

Almost like they are happy our club is being forced towards liquidation.

What they will say is if CA had attended the meeting maybe we could have done something. Voila, blame turned on CA and SISU. Wasps get a nice cheap half ready training base and it's all down to SISU.

If he had of gone the meeting I imagine it would of been we offered CA and the club the very best facilities at a competitive commercial rate but they were insistent on looking at other options so we had no choice but to move on with our plans without them.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is that we have gone down 1 league and people are angry saying we should be top 10 the league above. What will they say if we were non league? Or will it be ok because Joe Elliott is about again.

Esoterica

What they will say is if CA had attended the meeting maybe we could have done something. Voila, blame turned on CA and SISU. Wasps get a nice cheap half ready training base and it's all down to SISU.

If he had of gone the meeting I imagine it would of been we offered CA and the club the very best facilities at a competitive commercial rate but they were insistent on looking at other options so we had no choice but to move on with our plans without them.

Why don't SISU come out and say what they're actually doing about it then? It's not hard to circumvent that suggested propaganda.

SkyBlueZack

Suggested? I bet it happens. CA wanted it in writing, he's a clever bloke let's not forget. There was a reason why he wanted it in writing and a reason why it was not given. It is hard because there is a section of the fanbase that won't believe or back the club because of it's owners. The Council knows this, Wasps and CSF and Higgs know this. This is why they do what they want and get away with it.

Oh and CA was asking to stay, nothing come of it and then Wasps submit plans. Coincedence? I don't think so. CA knowing what the academy would need and knowing roughly what Wasps would want at their training base. Must of had a feeling they would be unable to provide the facilities required. Rather than going to a meeting with no details, he asked for the details, none were given.

Still, far easier to think CA/SISU/CCFC have done nothing and that Wasps/CCC are just trying to help.

Esoterica

I don't believe Wasps would want us either but we already share the stadium and looking at how we can share Higgs and still keep our academy rating. We're already second thought in everything!!

Do you really think they'd move us from a single football club city and the only one in Warwickshire? It's about the only thing we do have going for us!

Nick

Administrator
Suggested? I bet it happens. CA wanted it in writing, he's a clever bloke let's not forget. There was a reason why he wanted it in writing and a reason why it was not given. It is hard because there is a section of the fanbase that won't believe or back the club because of it's owners. The Council knows this, Wasps and CSF and Higgs know this. This is why they do what they want and get away with it.

Sport England are still waiting for the same thing.

It's clear how it will play out

SkyBlueZack

Sport England will be given a Wasps netball presentation, a video of the new splashpool in town and how an Olympic pool is far better than an indoor pitch for the nations favourite sport. They might even be open to free rugby tickets like councillors.

They will then have no problem with the application after seeing how great Wasps are.

mrangry

Do people really understand what would happen to CCFC if we went into liquidation,
I spoke to Italia on Saturday and told him my thoughts but nothing seems to stick with these guys that just want SISU out at all costs.

Nick

Administrator
Do people really understand what would happen to CCFC if we went into liquidation,
I spoke to Italia on Saturday and told him my thoughts but nothing seems to stick with these guys that just want SISU out at all costs.
People don't need to know, it's just sisu out at all costs isn't it. I'm not surprised people are calling for liquidation at all.

Im not sure they realise how bad it would be.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What I don't get is that we have gone down 1 league and people are angry saying we should be top 10 the league above. What will they say if we were non league? Or will it be ok because Joe Elliott is about again.
What had Joe Elliot got to do with anything, unless you know something the rest of us don't.

Nick

Administrator
What had Joe Elliot got to do with anything, unless you know something the rest of us don't.
Because it is what some people seem to be dreaming about here, liquidation with a city fan chairman. He can come in and guide us to a win against bedworth.

The same people who moan and don't understand we are in league 1

shmmeee

Delivery for this thread:

large-salt-pile1.jpg

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Because it is what some people seem to be dreaming about here, liquidation with a city fan chairman. He can come in and guide us to a win against bedworth.

The same people who moan and don't understand we are in league 1
Nobody has mentioned him but he is mentioned a lot of times wit Hoffmsn and Haskell, every time point wants to be made. So what is the point Nick because in conversations with SISU representatives they were mentioned numerous times as if they were paranoid about them.

Users who are viewing this thread