KCIC Mothballed? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Keep Coventry In Coventry Campaign To Be Mothballed
By MO
End For KCIC

The result was absolutely overwhelming: mothballing kcic and handing plans for current kcic initiatives over to the Sky Blue Trust was supported by 98.7% of people.

So a very big thank you to everyone who responded and apologies that the volume of emails is such that I cannot reply to them all - a sign in itself that the informal kcic set-up has reached its limit - but just to respond to three points a few people raised...

Sorry if the last mass email was rather downbeat but for some reason the Villa advert really got to me - it was a bit of a 'after more than 40 years supporting City I never thought I'd see something like this' moment!

The numbers on the hill on Sunday were good, and certainly enough to get coverage on Sky - my negativity was that the opportunity for bigger numbers plus one large scale event in Coventry, with the much greater media interest that would have generated, was lost. That was due to lack of a single voice for fans.

And I remain very much up for the fight but I am a pragmatist and have to recognise that the informal kcic approach has reached its limits. Something like the Independent Inquiry initiative is just too big and way too important to be done on an ad hoc basis.

So I'll let the Sky Blue Trust Board know the result of the poll and await their response. In the meantime, look forward to seeing people at Wolves and/or Walsall.

PUSB!

Cheers,

Michael

Whilst I may not have agreed personally with some of Michael's methods I don't think anybody can doubt the time and effort Michael put in to try and bring the club back.

torchomatic

Agree, Nick. Good effort from Michael but a lot of the initiatives were misguided. I think a "Get Cov Back To Cov" is more relevant anyway.

MichaelCCFC

With 98% of kcic supporters saying Sky Blue Trust should be the single, unified voice for supporters I've got to say I'm disappointed that on the very same day yet another group starts up. We desperately need some unity and I would really hope everyone would back the growing campaign for an Independent Inquiry that brings to account ALL parties and individuals responsible for the mess we're in. Next step, and something everyone can do, is get their MP to attend the Parliamentary debate this Tuesday by following these 3 really simple steps (I should also say I am waiting for Trust response to kcic poll).

1. Go to the completely free and dead easy to use 'Write to Them' website https://www.writetothem.com/?a=WMC&pc, enter your postcode and click 'Go' which then takes you straight to a form addressed to your MP.

2. In the form, enter your name, address and email, then write your message: urge your MP to attend the Adjournment Debate in Westminster Hall on Tuesday 22 October 2013 between 4pm – 4:30pm, led by Bob Ainsworth MP and say why the issue matters to you, the effect the move to Northampton is having on you and why it is important for you that CCFC returns to Coventry (if your MP is Bob Ainsworth, why not just thank him for all the great work he is doing on this!) Then click on 'Preview message' and then can either re-edit or hit send.

3. The website then emails you to ask you to confirm you want your message to be sent to your MP - reply to that and it's done!

It doesn't matter where in the UK you live - your MP is there to help you and if you are concerned about CCFC then whether you are in Land's End, John O'Groats or anywhere in between, just explain why the issue is important to you and that you really would appreciate it if your MP would attend Tuesday's debate.

SonOfSnoz

With 98% of kcic supporters saying Sky Blue Trust should be the single, unified voice for supporters I've got to say I'm disappointed that on the very same day yet another group starts up. We desperately need some unity and I would really hope everyone would back the growing campaign for an Independent Inquiry that brings to account ALL parties and individuals responsible for the mess we're in. Next step, and something everyone can do, is get their MP to attend the Parliamentary debate this Tuesday by following these 3 really simple steps (I should also say I am waiting for Trust response to kcic poll).

1. Go to the completely free and dead easy to use 'Write to Them' website https://www.writetothem.com/?a=WMC&pc, enter your postcode and click 'Go' which then takes you straight to a form addressed to your MP.

2. In the form, enter your name, address and email, then write your message: urge your MP to attend the Adjournment Debate in Westminster Hall on Tuesday 22 October 2013 between 4pm – 4:30pm, led by Bob Ainsworth MP and say why the issue matters to you, the effect the move to Northampton is having on you and why it is important for you that CCFC returns to Coventry (if your MP is Bob Ainsworth, why not just thank him for all the great work he is doing on this!) Then click on 'Preview message' and then can either re-edit or hit send.

3. The website then emails you to ask you to confirm you want your message to be sent to your MP - reply to that and it's done!

It doesn't matter where in the UK you live - your MP is there to help you and if you are concerned about CCFC then whether you are in Land's End, John O'Groats or anywhere in between, just explain why the issue is important to you and that you really would appreciate it if your MP would attend Tuesday's debate.

We the fans go on about SISU V ACL
but have factions between ourselves!
Time to unite!
Michael, dont give up, i see more logic from you than the trust!
Particularly, Ainsworth bringing CCFC into parliment!
Isn't that where Robinson works?
Jan finally confesses Trust are ignored by Sisu!

skybluetony176

thank you for you're efforts to date Michael, i'm sure this doesn't mean you've hung up your sparring gloves.

thank you also for the link to the write to them site. I've sent a message to my MP Mark Pawsey, fingers crossed i'm not the only one from my constituency.

Hobo

At least Michael stuck his head above the parapet. One of the truest Coventry fans I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

It's a shame a few more didn't get behind him. I thought the empty seats and the fans on the hill got our protest over well on Sky. They certainly discussed it. They kept showing shots of the fans on the hill.

I note from having watched the Sheff United coverage a few times, there were no footage of protesting from in the ground. I keep hearing the fans in the ground posting we should all attend and protest....but I don't see a protest to join there?

1000 at Northampton 3000 at Wolves...I was in with Wolves fans and not alone. I can tell you they were moaning about the gate considering the great turn out by City fans. Those figures speak volumes SISU.

shropshirecov

You've only gotta look at the response to the petition yesterday to see that some people, whilst campaigning their own agenda, don't want the club back in Cov whilst Sisu are in charge. Either that or they don't want the football club to own the stadium, I'm not sure which

Users who are viewing this thread