Kelly must start every game (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

"People may say he plays like a crab sideways and backwards". Yes but he can pick a pass going forwards too. He spotted runs last night that Sheaf and Eccles have dithered on this season.

The thing is even with Sheaf and Eccles in the side, they both sit quite deep. Kelly can do what they do on his own.

He is great at finding a pocket of space for himself and yes he might go sideways and backwards, but is a first time ball and speed of the transfer and how he finds people in even more space. He has the ability to bypass and get behind the opponents press with his passing.

I have always found him a joy to watch (similar to Hogg at Huddersfield) and he rarely has to break sweat. If he had been more injury free with us I think he could have ended up at a top championship club or even Premier League. He looks after the ball and makes it look easy and that is class.

Sheaf dithers massively. He slows down a lot of attacks and most of the reason his passing stats are so good are because he's doing one-twos with the defenders a lot of the time. Kelly did the same thing a bit last night but gets criticised for it.

It's clear Kelly has a lot to offer, particularly when we have been going through a mini storm. We seem a lot more professional with him. I know the opposition haven't been much to write home about but the effect of his presence is very clear. Have we missed Sheaf? Probably, but that has been made worse with Robins selecting Latibeaudiere to play in midfield. It should have been Kelly.

I also think Torp is going to be a great player, he has that vision and flair that stands out. He can also hold onto the ball in very tight situations. He is making quite a lot of mistakes though, and I've noticed him regularly pussying out of tackles and 50/50s. That probably won't be popular on here though, as he's seemingly already a fans favourite.

Sheaf, Torp, Eccles, and Kelly are all good midfielders in their own right, and they all have a place in this team. Those writing off Kelly have done so prematurely in my eyes, and Robins not playing him does seem very odd.

shmmeee

Sheaf dithers massively. He slows down a lot of attacks and most of the reason his passing stats are so good are because he's doing one-twos with the defenders a lot of the time. Kelly did the same thing a bit last night but gets criticised for it.

It's clear Kelly has a lot to offer, particularly when we have been going through a mini storm. We seem a lot more professional with him. I know the opposition haven't been much to write home about but the effect of his presence is very clear. Have we missed Sheaf? Probably, but that has been made worse with Robins selecting Latibeaudiere to play in midfield. It should have been Kelly.

I also think Torp is going to be a great player, he has that vision and flair that stands out. He can also hold onto the ball in very tight situations. He is making quite a lot of mistakes though, and I've noticed him regularly pussying out of tackles and 50/50s. That probably won't be popular on here though, as he's seemingly already a fans favourite.

Sheaf, Torp, Eccles, and Kelly are all good midfielders in their own right, and they all have a place in this team. Those writing off Kelly have done so prematurely in my eyes, and Robins not playing him does seem very odd.

Sheaf:

IMG_0894.jpeg

Plays considerable fewer backwards balls than, Kelly:

IMG_0895.jpeg

Hobo

You mention Robin's picking Latibeaudiere over Kelly, but I am pretty sure Kelly had an infection in his leg and only recently become fully available. Robins mentioned it in a radio interview a week or two before the Maidstone game.

He also mentioned last night, "people criticise the team selection because they are all experts sat on their computers. But we are often making decisions on players fitness and situations they aren't even aware of."

shmmeee

You mention Robin's picking Latibeaudiere over Kelly, but I am pretty sure Kelly had an infection in his leg and only recently become fully available. Robins mentioned it in a radio interview a week or two before the Maidstone game.

He also mentioned last night, "people criticise the team selection because they are all experts sat on their computers. But we are often making decisions on players fitness and situations they aren't even aware of."

Sassy Robins is best Robins. Hope he calls them bedwetters next time.

skybluecam

Bit reactionary off the back of performances against two of the worst teams to visit the CBS in years?

He has a role to play but Sheaf and Torp should be the partnership once fit. On last nights display Eccles could be shifted wide to compete with Milan.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's a great manager, but let's not pretend that some of his decisions aren't questionable and that sometimes he gets it wrong.

Kelly has been an used sub about a dozen times since he came back from his core injury in November.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sheaf:

View attachment 34425

Plays considerable fewer backwards balls than, Kelly:

View attachment 34426

It says there isn't a huge amount in it, which is precisely my point. When you include position on the pitch and available options, opposition, how negative we are generally playing (factor in formation), it's so and so for the most part and renders these stats fairly insignificant compared to the overall summary, or even naked eye, as there are many angles which aren't covered by this. It's basically a simulation rather than real life. I am also presuming these stats are probably based on just this season, which would mean one hundred additional factors, including that Kelly and Sheaf have mostly played at different times and not together in the same game and dynamics.

We can argue for days about that, but realistically anyone that watches and hasn't fallen victim to the blind love-in can see that Sheaf dithers and slows our attacks down a lot in good positions. I wasn't saying Kelly isn't more conservative, and I'm not necessarily talking solely about him passing it forwards from our own six yard box, or how high up the pitch the two players might be, which is another thing not covered by this graph.

Eccles gets a lot of shit about forward passing but in reality they're all guilty of it, and they're all pretty conservative midfielders with the odd good moment going forward. They are also all generally very decent midfielders for this level, but they get talked about with significant double standards. When it comes to going forwards, you can see how much we miss Hamer in that aspect, and exactly why Torp was brought in. They both have a vision and execution better than anyone we have currently got.

wingy

It says there isn't a huge amount in it, which is precisely my point. When you include position on the pitch and available options, opposition, how negative we are generally playing (factor in formation), it's so and so for the most part and renders these stats fairly insignificant compared to the overall summary, or even naked eye, as there are many angles which aren't covered by this. It's basically a simulation rather than real life. I am also presuming these stats are probably based on just this season, which would mean one hundred additional factors, including that Kelly and Sheaf have mostly played at different times and not together in the same game and dynamics.

We can argue for days about that, but realistically anyone that watches and hasn't fallen victim to the blind love-in can see that Sheaf dithers and slows our attacks down a lot in good positions. I wasn't saying Kelly isn't more conservative, and I'm not necessarily talking solely about him passing it forwards from our own six yard box, or how high up the pitch the two players might be, which is another thing not covered by this graph.

Eccles gets a lot of shit about forward passing but in reality they're all guilty of it, and they're all pretty conservative midfielders with the odd good moment going forward. They are also all generally very decent midfielders for this level, but they get talked about with significant double standards. When it comes to going forwards, you can see how much we miss Hamer in that aspect, and exactly why Torp was brought in. They both have a vision and execution better than anyone we have currently got.
Wba that strike that went just wide! Example of?

stupot07

You don't half talk nonsense about Sheaf. He doesn't dither and he doesn't slow play down. You just can't help yourself having a dig. "Blind love-in" haha

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You don't half talk nonsense about Sheaf. He doesn't dither and he doesn't slow play down. You just can't help yourself having a dig. "Blind love-in" haha

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I know it is hard for you to have a constructive dialogue about him on here, but of course he does. You can't/won't see it as you're one of the core people on here that fall into the blind love-in category.

chiefdave

So what's Robins username on here then?

Littlewood CCFC

Thought this was a joke when saw the title then i started reading the thread....

Kelly shouldn't be near our starting 11 if we have everything fit, he's well off the pace and needs to be moved on in the summer.

Amazing servant for the club and instrumental in getting us promoted twice, but the time has come to move on if we're going to be challenging for the playoffs at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread