Kelly / Sheaf and Eccles / Allen (1 Viewer)

ms639

It’s barmy to think that this question has to be asked but given Sheaf was back on the bench at the weekend he has to be in contention for the play offs.

Kelly has been immense since stepping back into the side, does MR leave it or go back to Sheaf?

Same question for Allen and Eccles. Allen has had a fantastic season but Eccles has looked assured since he came into the team.

1 loss in 16 games, does he stick or twist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinshio

i would go 1 up front
midfield of

Hamer / Allen/ Sheaf /Kelly

I think Eccles struggles with nerves a bit, and feel the occasion maybe too big for him
having him and Godden on the bench

fatso

H
It’s barmy to think that this question has to be asked but given Sheaf was back on the bench at the weekend he has to be in contention for the play offs.

Kelly has been immense since stepping back into the side, does MR leave it or go back to Sheaf?

Same question for Allen and Eccles. Allen has had a fantastic season but Eccles has looked assured since he came into the team.

How many games have we lost since Eccles and Kelly came together to protect the back line?
How many games have we lost in the last 6?

Who provided the pass to Hamer for the goal?

Now explain to me why MR should change things.

fatso

i would go 1 up front
midfield of

Hamer / Allen/ Sheaf /Kelly

I think Eccles struggles with nerves a bit, and feel the occasion maybe too big for him
having him and Godden on the bench

Attachments

• laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif
    laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif
    211.7 KB · Views: 32

skyblueelephant76

H

How many games have we lost since Eccles and Kelly came together to protect the back line?

We've lost 1 in 17 and Kelly and Eccles have only started together in 3 of those.

Sheaf is a better player than both, based on recent performances I'd bring him in for Eccles if he is fully fit.

This is the playoffs, it's not a time for sentiment it's about getting your best team on the pitch.

gspotgaz

Tricky one for Robins. Boro were slicing through the midfield regularly yesterday. To not have sheaf in if he’s fit seems crazy …. I think Eccles might be the one who goes out but I also don’t think Kelly will play both games

Sky Blue Pete

PVA

It’s a difficult one because clearly Sheaf is in our best XI, but none of the current starters deserve to be dropped. I’d imagine Kelly will sit out at least one of them, as he’s suddenly played a lot of football after a long while out, so that’ll be a chance for Sheaf to come back.

Also we don’t know how fit Sheaf is after his injury, he might not be ready to start yet – same goes for Allen.

Sky Blue Pete

H

Boosh gave godden the assist for his mis control lol

nunchuckas

I honestly cannot decide who I would pick in that midfield, it's such a quandary after months of the team/injuries picking itself - I'm glad it's not my job as I would get no sleep (probably won't between now and Sunday anyway!). I'm sure Robins and Viveash will have a plan...

fatso

We've lost 1 in 17 and Kelly and Eccles have only started together in 3 of those.

Sheaf is a better player than both, based on recent performances I'd bring him in for Eccles if he is fully fit.

This is the playoffs, it's not a time for sentiment it's about getting your best team on the pitch.
Sheaf hasn't kicked a ball since the 19th April. Id be very suprised if he's coming straight back in for the biggest game of the season so far. Especially for Eccles who supplied the pass to Hamer that resulted in us scoring, and who also settled the nerves against Birmingham with the early goal.
It's not sentiment that keeps him in, (such a condesending comment by the way) it's sound footballing sense.

fatso

I honestly cannot decide who I would pick in that midfield, it's such a quandary after months of the team/injuries picking itself - I'm glad it's not my job as I would get no sleep (probably won't between now and Sunday anyway!). I'm sure Robins and Viveash will have a plan...
Don't worry, you won't have to pick.

Evo1883

We say this .. but with Sheaf out the team we've not lost a game this season is 11

Londonccfcfan

It's a good problem to have.

Our midfield is one of the biggest reasons we have been so good defensively.

In transition there is no team deadlier.

I firmly believe if we had Ohare in the team we would be unstoppable in this league. As he would just compliment our defensive stats and our transitional play.

Sky Blue Pete

Pete , he tried to push the ball past the defender to shoot , he didn't try and control the ball
Absolutely agree for that particular one which sort of proves the point he was instinctively going round the defender
It was a mother four or five occasions I was referring to

Londonccfcfan

Godden is a deadly finisher. But he is out of his depth in this league trying to hold the ball up ..not his game.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah his touch was poor at times yesterday. Thankfully it worked out well for the goal!

But he works incredibly hard and Robins absolutely loves him.
Yep and of everyone it clearly meant a huge amount to him at the end of the game

The Philosopher

Boro had loads of possession against us.

Gyok with Hamer driving forward does work.

Godden was a bit out on a limb.

A 4 man midfield with Gyok up front, Sheaf closing down and with his passing range might be an effective set up.

Giles and McGree wide were menaces.

Maybe 3 at the back, 2 wing backs, Kelly doing a job in front of the back 3 with Sheaf and Eccles in MF but covering our wing backs against their wide attackers? Means our WBs can get forward?

Gus box to box?

Gyok doing Gyok stuff.

Godden is a great finisher but their wide players were a bit free so we need to counter this.

Legia Sky Blue

I have absolutely no idea about who he should go for in midfield. I'm guessing he'll start from an 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' standpoint and stick with the same starting XI. Nice to have options though.

harvey098

Think stick with what we’ve been doing. Sometimes being in form / in the groove is worth more than being slightly more talented. I like Sheaf but his last start was the first half of Blackburn (shudders).

long way home

These games normally come down to small margins, taking the chances you create is massive. Godden is the type if it falls for him to put it away, we will need everything to hit the back of the net to get through over 2 legs. 1st chance and 1st goal against Boro could be key so for that reason Godden starts.

I think the decision comes in the midfield which depending on 1st leg score could change for the 2nd. Its all to play for MR will watch the players this week come up with a plan and pick the calm heads. From that point its all down to decision making on the pitch and having a bit of luck.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would depend on exactly how fit Allen and Sheaf are but:

I can't see Kelly being able to do both games (certainly not 90+ minutes anyway), so I'd be tempted to bring in Sheaf for Kelly in the home leg and keep two up top.

Away leg I'd bring Kelly back in for Eccles and play Allen instead of Godden.

Users who are viewing this thread