Keogh as good as gone (1 Viewer)

cloughie

Fisher on CWR this morning said 'we will not stand in his way if he decides to leave city'

So this is the softner before we tried to keep him headline appears

More double talk from Slimey Fisher

and yet in todays cet Thorn is quuoted “Keogh’s under contract so he’s not going anywhere as far as I am concerned.' Yer right! Andy

skybluelee

What, Keogh's not going to stay? I was sure he was going to...:eek:

next you'll be telling me Cranie is leaving too...

Astute

Try reading between the lines.

Keogh has 1 year left on his contract. If he won't sign a new one he will be gone. Are they offering him less than his present one as we have been relegated?

A comment got released that we will have new players coming in within the next few weeks. Who needs to be sold before this can happen? If we didn't need to sell first then these players would be signed earlier to help with season ticket sales.

cloughie

What, Keogh's not going to stay? I was sure he was going to...:eek:

next you'll be telling me Cranie is leaving too...

You don't say

The point is they can't be honest and just say we need to sell before we can bring anybody else in

The BS always has to be piled out first as they actually think we believe it

As for Thorn s quote that is basically saying it wasn't my choice

kepit 2 yusen

If they do need to sell first (which could be the case but they are not saying) before bringing in new players, does this mean that the budget for this year is ZERO in terms of cash injected ? This would mean that they have based their budget on sales alone and they have taken ALL of this time to formalise injecting NO extra cash ! Those board room meetings must fly by ! :mad:

I think that might be what you are saying though cloughie.

Bout time they fecked off ! :censored:

Astute

It is not just the money coming in to cover any losses for the season.

Lets say they get nearly 1m for Keogh. What sort of wage is he on? I would say it would be enough for the wage of 3 players at least. Fat Freddie going will save us up to 1/2m a year. Cranie and Keogh going would save us similar amounts. Selling one or two of our youngsters will cover any shortfall with Keogh being sold.

I could handle this happening if AT was allowed to bring in the players that would make it able for us to compete. More players will leave before the start of the season. We will just have to wait to see if and who they get replaced with

Astute

surely your wrong he's the one which said he wanted to say so he wont go?

There is no right or wrong. There is guess and guess.

We need a cashflow. Keogh and the youngsters have a value. They have clubs interested in them. If Keogh don't sign a new contract he will be sold. Would he be offered a contract by us that is as good as he is on now? Would a Championship side offer him more than we can?

wingy

Come on Astute be consistent in one post you say if he won't sign he'll be sold and the next he'll be sold to cover losses and release wages for strengthening ,he has been for sale since close of season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is not just the money coming in to cover any losses for the season.

Lets say they get nearly 1m for Keogh. What sort of wage is he on? I would say it would be enough for the wage of 3 players at least. Fat Freddie going will save us up to 1/2m a year. Cranie and Keogh going would save us similar amounts. Selling one or two of our youngsters will cover any shortfall with Keogh being sold.

I could handle this happening if AT was allowed to bring in the players that would make it able for us to compete. More players will leave before the start of the season. We will just have to wait to see if and who they get replaced with
Keogh was signed from a league 1 club so I doubt his wage will allow us to bring in 3 players unless they are youth/unproven players.

Sutty

The way to drive te Keogh transfer fee up is to always say 'he's not for sale'.

We all want truth and transparency but in this case that would let other teams know that they can drive the price down.

Astute

Come on Astute be consistent in one post you say if he won't sign he'll be sold and the next he'll be sold to cover losses and release wages for strengthening ,he has been for sale since close of season.

Try reading again. I said Keogh and some youngsters have a value. We need money. He will be sold if he won't sign a new contract. He could still be sold if he wants to sign a new contract. SISU have lost players for free before. They won't do it again if they can help it.

Astute

Keogh was signed from a league 1 club so I doubt his wage will allow us to bring in 3 players unless they are youth/unproven players.

But signed by a Championship side so on Championship wages.

wingy

Try reading again. I said Keogh and some youngsters have a value. We need money. He will be sold if he won't sign a new contract. He could still be sold if he wants to sign a new contract. SISU have lost players for free before. They won't do it again if they can help it.
The point i made was the emphasis you put on if he won't sign ,and i countered that is irrelavent as he is for sale regardless ,out of nesseccity, not becuase his contract is running down;Ie he's one of very few with any significant value and the shortfall has to be covered ,as all those who covet him know and are waiting it out .Apologies if i misread your meaning ,just came across a bit "contract rebel"

Grendel

At some point before the transfer window ends he will go. As said above the club will not let a player with one year on his contract remaining stay. They cannot make that mistake again. From the players' perspective lets also have some realism. He is in his mid twenties and had an excellent season. Will he really want to resign and go back to League One. What do you think his agents advice will be? Stay or move to a better wage (and some commission for me)? Come on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

But signed by a Championship side so on Championship wages.
SISU were hardly splashing out the cash when he was signed, I would estimate 3-4k. The average wage in league 1 is 1.5k roughly? So if we are looking to sign people with experience of playing for a while and doing well in league 1 I would assume they would be earning above the average league 1 wage

dick turpin

IMO they only have about 9 days to ship him out. The players report back for Pre season and SISU would not
upset ATs Team/plans after then Shirley :)

cloughie

Keogh will not sign unless he is getting good championship wages and as thats not going to happen He will be sold before as is value will decrease by the time the january window opens.

ccfc2011

If he goes i wish him good luck

Fisher also stated that any money in from transfers would be re-invested in the squad.

He may be telling the truth, but just a guess that he might regret that statement when Joy pockets the Keogh fee in her purse never to be seen again.

Marty

I've got no problem selling players as long as we can replace them.

Marty

Replace him lol. Omg,don't you people ever learn?

All we need is a better then average league one centre back and hes replaced. We could pick one up for next to nothing. We can't afford to keep the likes of Keogh.

Marty

Just like we replaced everyone one else...

The squad we had last season was big enough, when it's polluted with injury prone players then you start to have problems.

I don't want to go into that debate again..... We're stuck with Sisu, so it doesn't matter what any of us say. I'd cash in while we still can.

Last edited:

Tank Top

I have a different view?
Keogh, has professional pride running through him like a stick of BlackPool Rock, When he trots out, he is determined to be the best player on the pitch, and often is, he is completely self motivated, loves the fans, like we love him, these virtues are hard to find in footballers today, most of which are kissing the badge one minute, and then telling the manager how unhappy they are in the next.
All of our good players, {when we find some} are labled "Not Cost effective"and duly sold on, Kamikaze, Self destructive, ill informed, management, have crashed and burned our club.........without a single word of regret
36_1_46.gif

ccfcway

The squad we had last season was big enough, when it's polluted with injury prone players then you start to have problems.

I don't want to go into that debate again..... We're stuck with Sisu, so it doesn't matter what any of us say. I'd cash in while we still can.

yer, we put the 750k from turner to good use didnt we !

oh, we went down !

Grendel

yer, we put the 750k from turner to good use didnt we !

oh, we went down !

The manager spent 70% of it on an unfit striker who did not even start playing until March - whose fault was that?

Users who are viewing this thread