Kevin Peterson (1 Viewer)

Covstu

So whats everyones view on this one? He is clearly the best batsman we have but you cannot square up to the club captain. Pains me to say it but i think it was the right decision even though the team will be worse for it.

SkyBlueScottie

Clearly that should be Pietersen.

Not sure he did square up to Cook, as long as the decision made is for valid reasons then you cant argue with it really.

Covstu

apparently it wasn't true, seems bizarre how the ECB are not giving a statement stating why they have done it!!!

Swanny80

So as a result of the Australia shambles the best coach we've had in years has gone, the best player we've had in years has gone and yet the most inept and negative captain we've had in years remains in that position. I fear a long time of rebuilding

Covstu

yeah not good, still a game for the boys i'm afraid and anyone who breaks the mould doesn't get a look in.

Grendel

yeah not good, still a game for the boys i'm afraid and anyone who breaks the mould doesn't get a look in.

Not really - plenty of non team players have played previously and like Pieterson had a go at captain with similar disastrous consequences. Botham and boycott are obvious examples and even Flintoff (though his career actually was pretty average)

They remain in the team as active members while performing. Truth is Pieterson has been on the wane and had failed to impose himself for some time. His always seemed one blade of grass short of the full Pampas as well. Employing Piers Morgan now to twitter away is the latest in a long line of pretty desperate stunts. Damaging texts about Strauss should have ended his career then.

His record as a player is very good but as a team player its very poor.

RegTheDonk

Was the top run scorer on the tour. Takes the game very seriously, has a winning mentality, was probably pissed off with the captain's negativity, and treats those around him with contempt if they don't try. First into training, last to leave. He's got a massive ego, they should have made him vice captain and he'd have helped the rest of the team. Good luck to him, he can now play in the IPL and make a few million while the rest of them fanny around.

wingy

Was the top run scorer on the tour. Takes the game very seriously, has a winning mentality, was probably pissed off with the captain's negativity, and treats those around him with contempt if they don't try. First into training, last to leave. He's got a massive ego, they should have made him vice captain and he'd have helped the rest of the team. Good luck to him, he can now play in the IPL and make a few million while the rest of them fanny around.

As I've suspected and said previously ~In other threads ,the Issue Is the Captain.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Agree Wingy.... the Captain is the issue. No leadership I'm afraid. No presence on or off the field.
KP? I was aghast to listen to Bob Willis's character assasination of KP... maybe not a team player- but an outstanding Batsman.
The Captain- had he any leadership should be magnanimous to fall on his sword.

Colonel Mustard

Cook hasn't been impressive. There was a paucity of imagination in the field during the Ashes, he couldn't lead with the bat, he showed emotional insecurity (I may go, I won't go), and is incapable of handling mavericks. It is worth reading Mike Brearley's The Art of Captaincy to see how a pro dealt with a range of personalities and egos.

Covstu

I think Cook is part of the issue but i thin kit is above him and the ECB selectors. They have an image on how a player should act and behave and anyone who breaks that mould are not welcome. I appreciate KP isnt the model player but he is a damn fine one and would get into any team in the world.

I would be more concerned about players who DIDNT question the tactics and approach when we were 0-4 down in the Ashes, that shows no passion and belief that we can even win a game and get pride back. One man questionned it (admittedly he probably did this in the wrong way) and paid for it. The irony is the ECB would have got a cut off his IPL fee but not now!!

Hugh Jarse

KP is one arrogant sob but he can play cricket.

He also has a very high opinion of himself. His nickname in Freddie Flintoffs era was Fig Jam. It stood for F:censored:k I'm good, just ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread