Kevin Webster (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Doesnt look too good for him at the minute. Charges against him dropped last time but then more evidence found so he is charged again.

Sex with a child is one of the charges!

The Reverend Skyblue

I am not keen when everything about the charges are released before it goes to court, just incase they are not true, much like that Lord McAlpine in the Jimmy Saville case, but if true i agree with LastGarrison's punishment.

The Rev

kg82

I agree rev. Don't see how he can get a fair trial. Like you say, I agree with LG if it's true. It was like that girl who was murdered a couple years ago just before Christmas. The Sun ran a story laying into the landlord of her flat, basically said he was guilty. I said at the time to my girlfriend it was wrong, and there was something strange about the story. Turned out it was actually her dutch boyfriend.

speedie87

I agree rev. Don't see how he can get a fair trial. Like you say, I agree with LG if it's true. It was like that girl who was murdered a couple years ago just before Christmas. The Sun ran a story laying into the landlord of her flat, basically said he was guilty. I said at the time to my girlfriend it was wrong, and there was something strange about the story. Turned out it was actually her dutch boyfriend.

Was the Dutch neighbour. The boyfriend had nothing to do with it.

Ashdown1

Just shows how the media can have you hung before tried. There will always now be doubt in some peoples mind whatever the verdict which I suppose isn't fair. It has come out though that he's been a complete cheat to his wife who was suffering with breast cancer. As someone said though a weak and stupid idiot but maybe not a child rapist. Question is why was he accused and what happens to the accuser and her mother? Perjury? Surely if it was all lies there has to be some outcome of that?

Grendel

Just shows how the media can have you hung before tried. There will always now be doubt in some peoples mind whatever the verdict which I suppose isn't fair. It has come out though that he's been a complete cheat to his wife who was suffering with breast cancer. As someone said though a weak and stupid idiot but maybe not a child rapist. Question is why was he accused and what happens to the accuser and her mother? Perjury? Surely if it was all lies there has to be some outcome of that?

Nothing happens to them. The trial was a joke how the CPS ever agreed its go ahead ill never know.

Ashdown1

They threw it out once before and there was still actually no real evidence at all with this trial. Probably another case of lawyers/administrators and all the other useless hangers on in life seeing a chance of a fat pay day once again !

RedSalmon

Agree his reputation has been dragged through the mud unfairly.

Was always lead to believe that the CPS only ever took a case to court if they were more than 60% sure of getting a conviction.

Grendel

So the girl should be done as well as the family surely?

I'm pretty sure she was granted lifetime immunity as part of the process.

Looked a very odd decision to prosecute from what has been allowed for public consumption.

skyblueprincess

Yet another victim in the current witch hunt of Celebrities.
I do however find it funny it was said the alleged victim had nothing to gain by quite literally destroying the life of an innocent man." Really?
Would she not have followed a guilty verdict with a claim for compensation?
Of course she would have.
And who would she have used to fight for that claim?

njdlawyer

I'm pretty sure she was granted lifetime immunity as part of the process.

Not for the first time on this site you make a confident assertion that is utter nonsense

Complainants do not need and do not get "lifetime immunity" - something which does not exist anyway

No-one in this country can be convicted for any offence unless a jury is sure that they are guilty. May be guilty, might be guilty, possibly guilty or even probably guilty are not enough. If therefore a complainant in a case that resulted in acquittal was prosecuted for perjury and if their jury thought that there was a possibility that they might be telling the truth then they too would be acquitted. Unless new evidence had come to light to prove that they were lying that would almost always be the case. Besides no-one would ever make a complaint if they thought that they themselves would be prosecuted if there was no conviction

Its the same principle that ensures that convicted defendants are not themselves subsequently prosecuted for perjury if they lose their trial

People really should avoid passing off ill-informed opinion as fact on this and any other thread

LastGarrison

Not for the first time on this site you make a confident assertion that is utter nonsense

Complainants do not need and do not get "lifetime immunity" - something which does not exist anyway

No-one in this country can be convicted for any offence unless a jury is sure that they are guilty. May be guilty, might be guilty, possibly guilty or even probably guilty are not enough. If therefore a complainant in a case that resulted in acquittal was prosecuted for perjury and if their jury thought that there was a possibility that they might be telling the truth then they too would be acquitted. Unless new evidence had come to light to prove that they were lying that would almost always be the case. Besides no-one would ever make a complaint if they thought that they themselves would be prosecuted if there was no conviction

Its the same principle that ensures that convicted defendants are not themselves subsequently prosecuted for perjury if they lose their trial

People really should avoid passing off ill-informed opinion as fact on this and any other thread

So in your professional opinion what should happen in cases like this? Surely there must be a way of keeping the defendants name out of the press as this may well have ruined his career.

It does seem grossly unfair if he was innocent of all charges that he is the only one possibly tainted by all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread