Keys & Gray have a go at SISU (1 Viewer)

6 Generations

I can see a few lusting over Keys, that must make them a lustee?

must admit, this makes me giggle every time!

Like him on a personal level or not, he and Andy Gray are still held in high regards in their field.

Any publicity which covers and highlights the systematic plunder and rape of our club is welcome.

Nick

Administrator
Like him on a personal level or not, he and Andy Gray are still held in high regards in their field.

I wasn't saying I disliked him because of that, let's face it you can walk in a pub or a football changing room and hear that conversation every day. I can see why doing it on Live TV isn't the best idea in the world though.

6 Generations

I wasn't saying I disliked him because of that, let's face it you can walk in a pub or a football changing room and hear that conversation every day. I can see why doing it on Live TV isn't the best idea in the world though.

Oh I wasn't referring to his unacceptable sexist tendencies.
It was more the fact that, like him or not, he remains in the public eye and as a 'closet' Sky Blue then we really need our plight continually hammerng home to the sporting and financial worlds media

Brylowes

Did he do that on live TV, honest question

Brylowes

That saying they are running out of wriggle room, they've exhausted every trick in the book, is invariably a desperate hope rather than a truth.
I just think they have far fewer options than they did 3 or 4 years ago, if wasps
Stick to their guns on the stadium where will they turn.

Skyblueweeman

More importantly, has no one picked up on OSBs profile picture?! If that's you OSB, you must of had a damn easy paper round pal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

For some reason, always a puzzle to me when Richard Keys comes to the fore regarding our situation bile towards him reappear and often from posters who rarely post or new posters...strange.

Keys is a staunch Cov fan and as I see it the only high profile fan apart from the odd burst from Bobby Gould who is public about sisu and where they have put our club. As I see it using his TV clout could help and maybe, just maybe there's a bored well heeled sheik listening.

rupert_bear

It's Keys's clueless solutions and self-interested ego boosting affiliations that get me.

I may be wrong, but I'd follow Gould. He doesn't always get it right, but I can believe far more easily it's genuine, and from the heart.
What clueless or self interested solutions are they then ? please educate me. As I see it he he is a frustrated fan like most of us who asks the question why publically when he can.

NorthernWisdom

What clueless or self interested solutions are they then ?

Peter Reid is a starter for ten! You were on GMK for the others, so not sure why I have to remember them better than you and repeat them...

As an aside, there is a small subsection of people who are kind of dangerous for our future. They're the group who hate SISU (fine, good!) but it comes from a place of rejection, after having had their egos massaged by the master politician Robinson and co., having been made to feel they were part of an inner circle they were then cast out, and ignored. They haven't taken rejection well so, while the reaction (hating SISU) is fine, the reason is not, and nor is the remedy (getting their place back in that inner circle).

skybluetony176

Peter Reid is a starter for ten! You were on GMK for the others, so not sure why I have to remember them better than you and repeat them...

As an aside, there is a small subsection of people who are kind of dangerous for our future. They're the group who hate SISU (fine, good!) but it comes from a place of rejection, after having had their egos massaged by the master politician Robinson and co., having been made to feel they were part of an inner circle they were then cast out, and ignored. They haven't taken rejection well so, while the reaction (hating SISU) is fine, the reason is not, and nor is the remedy (getting their place back in that inner circle).

You don't think that there is the slightest chance then that these people who are "dangerous" for our future actually hate SISU because of what SISU have done to the club? Because you seem to be suggesting that they're oblivious to what SISU have done to the club and their loathing for them is motivated from elsewhere. Not the slightest chance that it's actually about CCFC? Also whose more "dangerous to the club than SISU"? If these dangerous people did successfully take over from SISU what are the chances that they'd be worse for the club than SISU? Slim I would think unless they come in with a predetermined agenda of finishing the club of for once and for all. Is that going to happen? So regardless of how dangerous you believe they are they could at the very least be a step in the right direction. That's more than we have now and will ever have under SISU.

NorthernWisdom

that these people who are "dangerous" for our future actually hate SISU because of what SISU have done to the club?

This particular small group I spoke about? Nope.

You seem to have trouble splitting people into little subsections, and seem to have to compartmentalise them into the whole. Go and have a read of don's posts* for how it should be done.

*(Words that mean you really have stooped low!)

Edit - And yes, that particular group would be just as bad for the club, because it'd all be about what's in it for them, not the club. That's just the same as SISU.

Glen

This cannot be good for shitsu surely what is their and game to keep their reputation, I hope we win and they lose everything

rupert_bear

It's Keys's clueless solutions and self-interested ego boosting affiliations that get me.

I may be wrong, but I'd follow Gould. He doesn't always get it right, but I can believe far more easily it's genuine, and from the heart.
What clueless
Peter Reid is a starter for ten! You were on GMK for the others, so not sure why I have to remember them better than you and repeat them...) .
What was GMK ?
As for Peter Reid at the time and taking into account the strange sacking of Eric Black Reid's appointment was generally well received he had done okay at Man City and Sunderland sadly not repeated here but let's be honest he is not on his own there.

Ian1779

For some reason, always a puzzle to me when Richard Keys comes to the fore regarding our situation bile towards him reappear and often from posters who rarely post or new posters...strange.

Keys is a staunch Cov fan and as I see it the only high profile fan apart from the odd burst from Bobby Gould who is public about sisu and where they have put our club. As I see it using his TV clout could help and maybe, just maybe there's a bored well heeled sheik listening.

Keys isn't a staunch Cov fan, he's an opportunist that will wheel out platitudes to highest fee payer.

Brylowes

This particular small group I spoke about? Nope.

You seem to have trouble splitting people into little subsections, and seem to have to compartmentalise them into the whole. Go and have a read of don's posts* for how it should be done.

*(Words that mean you really have stooped low!)

Edit - And yes, that particular group would be just as bad for the club, because it'd all be about what's in it for them, not the club. That's just the same as SISU.
Thing is you could have someone running the club for (what's in it for them) but
That doesn't necessarily mean they would run it badly, they might actually know
what They are doing.
Where as SISU have always run the club for (what's in it for them) without ever
At any time giving the slightest impression they know what they are doing.
I honestly can't think of one major decision they've made, that either looked right
At the time or in hindsight.
They have been an unmitigated disaster for this club, and I believe we can only
Begin to recover when they go.

The Gentleman

Because the difference is nobody believes anything SISU say, me included.

The telegraph stir shit up to get clicks, why not do some digging and bring SISU down that way? Why not go and speak to financial experts and fuck them up in their world? I don't think anybody would shed a tear at that.

Sadly though, the Telegraph and others seem to play our fans like a fiddle. Just because somebody shouts SISU OUT it doesn't mean that people like the trust and other fans should climb up their arse.

SISU don't play anybody apart from RFC and the odd bloke in the SCG, because nobody believes anything they say.

Nick, That's not really answering my question and you know it. You'd make a politician one day pal. Your answer is yet another weak minded cop out like we get from a few others on here that noboby believes Sisu so why bother. But you're up in arms about a newspaper trying to get click bait, fuck me Nick, what do you expect them to do? that's what their aim is ffs. To me, the way you act on here is sheer arrogance at times in the way you divert and move goalposts but if that's you, then that is you I suppose.

But what gets me is when you put up a CCFC badge like sticking a marker in the ground but then cop out when it is the most important players in our future by saying "well nobody believes them but somebody should be digging". Why don't you do something? People on the trust might not always get it right but they are out there putting their heads above the parapet because they love the club like you claim. Well I suppose shouting at a newspaper about click bait is doing something.

Ian1779

That's not really true to be fair he is just as much a Cov fan as you or I. He just has the advantage that he can bring our cause to the national media.
He's heen in the national media for years and years... Wasn't too bothered about using that when we were close to going to the wall in the early 2000's.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Keys was in the year above me at school, he is not someone I particularly like or ever have, however I do know that the guy has always been passionate about CCFC from those school days. He has an opinion nothing more nothing less some of it is right some is wrong - just like the rest of us. If he can use his fame/notoriety to highlight CCFC problems, whether or not it massages his ego, then all the better in my opinion

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Keys was in the year above me at school, he is not someone I particularly like or ever have, however I do know that the guy has always been passionate about CCFC from those school days. He has an opinion nothing more nothing less some of it is right some is wrong - just like the rest of us. If he can use his fame/notoriety to highlight CCFC problems, whether or not it massages his ego, then all the better in my opinion

Slating him for doing so, is a bit strange IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread