Kieffer Moore (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Over the same period Simms & Wright have more than Moore. Almost definitely on less wages too.

Funnily enough I recall people saying Simms was never prolific in previous loan spells - 8 in 17 at Hearts and 5 in 17 for Sunderland.
I think moore would have been a fantastic signing in January, all things considered and is a top striker at this level

procdoc

We've managed it every other season , last season as an example ..

We've also been shit for 13 league games and have heard the tired excuses for probably the same period of time
I’m not denying that we haven’t played well. I’m just saying that fatigue is a real thing. I’m not sure why people disagree when it’s a scientific fact

Mucca Mad Boys

I think moore would have been a fantastic signing in January, all things considered and is a top striker at this level

Would it have served the team well in the long term? The answer is no. Since Moore’s loan, in the same amount of games Simms has 10 goals and Wright has 8 goals to Moore’s 7.

We needed depth to the squad. Simms and Wright needed some rest clearly.

100% agreed and Keiffer Moore wasn’t going to Ipswich to be a depth option and in any case, even if we were in for him, he wasn’t choosing us over Ipswich.

Another striker is needed in the summer and it won’t be someone like Keiffer Moore.

Otis

I’m not denying that we haven’t played well. I’m just saying that fatigue is a real thing. I’m not sure why people disagree when it’s a scientific fact
Because they can and it suits their agenda. 🤷

CCFCSteve

Ungrateful fuckers 😂

Attachments

• 1EA9DFE4-C04F-4C88-BEFC-7790E750983E.png
    1EA9DFE4-C04F-4C88-BEFC-7790E750983E.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • 57614A89-5EA0-43D8-A464-E0E309B2A0E4.png
    57614A89-5EA0-43D8-A464-E0E309B2A0E4.png
    925.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 4B714241-F187-4AE3-8B23-504FFA56C5CD.png
    4B714241-F187-4AE3-8B23-504FFA56C5CD.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

skybluecam

We've managed it every other season , last season as an example ..

We've also been shit for 13 league games and have heard the tired excuses for probably the same period of time
Genuinely curious, if it’s not fatigue and injury that has caused our form to dip what do you think it is?

And do you not think that players like Wright, Sheaf, Eccles, Milan etc. have looked genuinely tired on the pitch recently?

steve101

Both Wright and Simms certainly need to improve on basics. I do think Simms is. Not so sure about Wright. Moore is very good holding the ball up and keeping the ball close when doing so. Wright and Simms have pace though which is such an asset now.
Goal contributions from the pair have been great but their lack of holding the ball puts pressure on the team, which needs to improve. Simms has bought into the work ethic and puts a shift in. Can't say the same for Wright. It would be interesting to see stats on distance covered and number of sprints.

Hobo

Simms is the best goal scoring centre forward foil we have had since Mick Ferguson and Cyril Regis.

His first touch can be sublime, yes it can be off at times but look at the service and what is drilled into him at times?

I sit in front of Simms critics. From the stands their judgements of distances is farcical - they think 9 yards is 3 yards. They still don't appreciate his pace.

Anything good is a fluke anything bad is an incompetent disaster. My wife thinks they are a bunch of clueless tossers, with their shouts of forward, shoot, at the most most ridiculous points in a game.

Evo1883

Genuinely curious, if it’s not fatigue and injury that has caused our form to dip what do you think it is?

And do you not think that players like Wright, Sheaf, Eccles, Milan etc. have looked genuinely tired on the pitch recently?
Why does any team go through bad spells ? Shit tactics , too passive in the first half of matches (stats show huge difference in second half and first half performances ) players underperforming individually etc

Skyblue Bangkok

B
Why does any team go through bad spells ? Shit tactics , too passive in the first half of matches (stats show huge difference in second half and first half performances ) players underperforming individually etc
Because they are human. Are you a 100 % happy 24/7 lol

Grendel

What does this even mean ? We have had 2 atrocious spells in the same season

Yes it has been a weird season - terrible start and a very poor decline at the end with most points accumulated in the middle.

Why people equate that to a confident top two challenge next season I am not sure

skybluecam

Shit tactics? We’ve used largely the same tactics as our good spell though?

I guess a lot of your frustrations seem misplaced to me. I look at this season and think the ways we could’ve done better were

1. Switching from 3/5 at the back earlier
2. Bringing in more than one player in Jan, particularly in wide areas to allow rest for Wright/Saka and injury coverage.

Our end to the season is largely just a function of those factors. In reality I don’t think we would have ever have made the playoffs because the squad clearly couldn’t sustain the performances.

Evo1883

Shit tactics? We’ve used largely the same tactics as our good spell though?

I guess a lot of your frustrations seem misplaced to me. I look at this season and think the ways we could’ve done better were

1. Switching from 3/5 at the back earlier
2. Bringing in more than one player in Jan, particularly in wide areas to allow rest for Wright/Saka and injury coverage.

Our end to the season is largely just a function of those factors. In reality I don’t think we would have ever have made the playoffs because the squad clearly couldn’t sustain the performances.

I have attended every single match , my frustration is NOT misplaced ..

We often start matches way too passively , opting to set up to not concede rather than actively go at the opposition , I put a table up on this forum last week showing we were 16th in the league based on 1st half performances and 6th based off second half performances .. problem is we now keep conceding first and chasing games .

Do you just think players can't be arsed 1st half or do you think they are playing to instructions ? Il go with the latter ..
Too deep , too negative with minimal risk

Robins is going to be mentioned for the bad aswell as the good

coop

Think we are very easy to work out and stop.We allow way to many crosses from wide areas and like the other night Dasilva very exposed for first goal.But we need to stop the crosses and stop fucking about with the ball at the back especially when getting pressed.

procdoc

We often start matches way too passively , opting to set up to not concede rather than actively go at the opposition , I put a table up on this forum last week showing we were 16th in the league based on 1st half performances and 6th based off second half performances .. problem is we now keep conceding first and chasing games .

Do you just think players can't be arsed 1st half or do you think they are playing to instructions ? Il go with the latter ..

Let’s get rid now then Evo and be done with it. I’m surprised to be honest, thought you were more balanced than this

Evo1883

Let’s get rid now then Evo and be done with it. I’m surprised to be honest, thought you were more balanced than this

I'm being totally balanced , I don't want rid of Robins just because I believe he's cost us a few points this season by getting things wrong , it happens .. we've had 2 very poor spells which equal 29 games this season

But we need to be better and braver next season no doubt

skybluecam

city fans trying not to tell people how many matches they go to
1714670466307.png

but I agree, it's an area to improve.

I guess my opinion is that our run of good form is more representative of the situation we will be in next season. I blame our two runs of bad form on 5 at the back and then not having any right wingers available. So if we can avoid those two issues next year I'm hoping we'll produce a similar vein of form all season.

Fergusons_Beard

To suggest Moore wouldn’t have had a positive impact if we’d got him in January is pretty silly really

Hate to disagree G but without anyone to cross the ball ie wingers, Moore just wouldn’t have done a thing for us.

We just don’t play a way that suits his game-thank god.

No hoof ball or incessant crosses to no one.

Might possible have made more of an impact as a sub as others have discussed than Godden but why would you pay his obviously sky high wages for someone to warm the bench.

Only my opinion but definitely a no from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brighton Sky Blue

View attachment 35462

I guess my opinion is that our run of good form is more representative of the situation we will be in next season. I blame our two runs of bad form on 5 at the back and then not having any right wingers available. So if we can avoid those two issues next year I'm hoping we'll produce a similar vein of form all season.
We look much, much better playing at a higher tempo and getting the ball up the pitch generally more quickly. At both ends, the slow tempo stuff causes problems either through getting ourselves into trouble or allowing the opposition to get set.

blunted

MR has always played that way especially away from home. Keep it tight then wear the opposition down. Unfortunately, our defence has not been great at times especially compared with last season.

skybluecam

We look much, much better playing at a higher tempo and getting the ball up the pitch generally more quickly. At both ends, the slow tempo stuff causes problems either through getting ourselves into trouble or allowing the opposition to get set.
I put a lot of that down to personnel though. Milan isn't a winger, Lati isn't a full back and Kelly is pedestrian. You would hope next year Kelly is gone, Milan is back at RB and Lati sees less minutes as a squad player.

Brighton Sky Blue

I put a lot of that down to personnel though. Milan isn't a winger, Lati isn't a full back and Kelly is pedestrian. You would hope next year Kelly is gone, Milan is back at RB and Lati sees less minutes as a squad player.
I mean it was farcical at Wembley watching Lati playing as the LCB as we insisted on arsing around at the back. We do make things harder for ourselves than they need to be sometimes.

Evo1883

View attachment 35462

If you don't go just say , would make sense

procdoc

I mean it was farcical at Wembley watching Lati playing as the LCB as we insisted on arsing around at the back. We do make things harder for ourselves than they need to be sometimes.
He played RCB in the first half and then RB in the second half until he was subbed off

CCFCSteve

Yes it has been a weird season - terrible start and a very poor decline at the end with most points accumulated in the middle.

Why people equate that to a confident top two challenge next season I am not sure

Yeah pushing it a bit. Can only judge after summer really but assuming decent recruitment would hope to be in the mix for play offs

Evo1883

ST holder 🤷‍♂️

Although nowadays you can watch every game from your sofa so I'm not sure why it would make anyone's opinions less valid if they did that.

You definitely don't see the lot on TV , ask any man utd fan

shmmeee

You definitely don't see the lot on TV , ask any man utd fan

I rewatch home games cos my ST seat is so low basically the last twenty yards of the other end of the pitch compresses into a flat line 🤷🏻‍♂️

Different people have different levels. Some go home and away, some pick and choose, some only home, some Saturday only, I’m sure the odd one is only away.

We grow the crowds by all of those groups increasing, not badgering one group to be more like another.

Evo1883

I rewatch home games cos my ST seat is so low basically the last twenty yards of the other end of the pitch compresses into a flat line 🤷🏻‍♂️

Different people have different levels. Some go home and away, some pick and choose, some only home, some Saturday only, I’m sure the odd one is only away.

We grow the crowds by all of those groups increasing, not badgering one group to be more like another.

Meh , I go every game , proud of it not arsed what people think and have done for years .. it's not the same as sitting at home .. full stop

He decided to post the wanky meme

I suppose he was sat at forest green and Wycombe minus 10 etc ??

Stick to ifollow

Users who are viewing this thread