Kyle Mcfadzean (15 Viewers)

shmmeee

In the end he has reached an age where he is inevitably replaced.

Oddly Mcfazdean to be improved from an indifferent start to being a superior player in the championship

He has been by far and away the best defender we’ve had in the championship with Kilkline like leadership qualities. We only ever succeeded in a back 3 with him at the centre of it.

Legend is used for anyone who plays about 5 games this days but he deserves the tag for what he’s done for the club in the last 5 seasons

Agreed. He’s been immense.

Pusb1

Fadz has been our best defender since we have been in the Championship. Actually thought he was most shaky in spells in our League 1 campaign.

Written off time and time again as ‘not being able to hack it’ in the championship but has consistently been formidable as a leader, and a defender.

Absolutely a legend for the club!

fernandopartridge

Fadz has been our best defender since we have been in the Championship. Actually thought he was most shaky in spells in our League 1 campaign.

Written off time and time again as ‘not being able to hack it’ in the championship but has consistently been formidable as a leader, and a defender.

Absolutely a legend for the club!
He was awkward in his early days in league 1, generally as part of a back 4. Once we switched to the back 3 he was brilliant, he was a key part of the great run in late 2019 / early 2020 which won us the league. He got better whilst in the Championship, such a shame that the clock was ticking on his career.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Astute

Not a legend. Would have been if we got promoted last season though. Was one of the main reasons we got as far as we did.

Very good to have around even if not playing. He has a lot of experience to hand over to our young players. His football brain hasn't suddenly left the airport. It's just 1 too many year on the clock for a side who moves the ball around so quickly and never stops.

I'm happy to keep him here this season. Will help drive the desire to win and be there if we need him. Can't question his desire to win after getting his head stitched on the pitch twice in a couple of weeks 😁

He already knows the systems. And it's a long, hard season. Will need him by the end.

Saddlebrains

Love the bloke

Best centre half I've seen for us since the prem days

But for me the Fadz we all know and love died when Adebayo had his pants down at Wembley

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It was quite bizarre how he dropped off the scene not long after the fans forum when robins made the claim he was almost undroppable and would ‘have to be carried out’ of the team.

but he doesn’t suit a back four, and doesn’t have the required pace for it. As a centre back in a 5 though he has helped many a younger CB, and has been an excellent servant to the club. I imagine the likes of Doyle and McNally were very grateful to him getting them through their spells with us.

Unfortunately for him our new way of setting up won’t suit him, and Thomas and Kitching have claimed the spots, deservedly

Ash

Amazing servant for the club, from that infamous 4-0 drubbing away at Rotherham he’s been immense up until this year where age looks to have caught up with him.

He’ll have a couple of years of playing left most likely, but once the time comes for retirement I could see him going into coaching and would love the club to keep him around.

Hobo

McFadzean has been great, but last season there were signs we needed new blood. This year I thought he was the creator of a lot of our sloppiness at the back, slowing it down too much and some lazy passing. He was over orchestrating the younger players.

It was noticable that Kitching and Thomas, left to their own devices immediately looked more confident and solid without him.

But he still has a role to play on the bench and gives us the option of playing 3 at the back. I would not underestimate his importance within the club while we are rebuilding; both on the training ground and in the dressing room. McFadzean, Godden and Kelly all bring continuity and know where the club has come from in recent seasons and what the club is about. Al three are good solid professionals and good influences.

Look it is no shock and no disgrace that a 36 year old defender is slipping down the pecking order. He was a key signing and has been instrumental in our recent success and getting back to being a competitive Championship side.

long way home

Love the bloke

Best centre half I've seen for us since the prem days

But for me the Fadz we all know and love died when Adebayo had his pants down at Wembley

He knows it as well, great pro and should be proud of his career. Still is good to have around and could see him in a coaching role at some point.

skybluecam

He knows it as well, great pro and should be proud of his career. Still is good to have around and could see him in a coaching role at some point.
He's 37 next month. Suspect his options at the end of the season will be a 1 year deal further down the pyramid or retirement from playing. Wouldn't mind if we offered him a coaching role.

ccfc1234

He's 37 next month. Suspect his options at the end of the season will be a 1 year deal further down the pyramid or retirement from playing. Wouldn't mind if we offered him a coaching role.
He has been playing and getting player of the month nominations at Blackburn. I could well see one of the newly promoted clubs offering him a deal to stay in the Championship if any play 3 at the back. Blackburn might also opt to keep him?

pusbccfc

A true hero and warrior, the serenade at the end was the least he deserved.

Definitely. Looked emotional.

Will be the same for Godden, Kelly and O'Hare Saturday.

Covcraig@bury

It just goes to show how good we are as a fan base . We sang his song again and again, and never once heard the Blackburn fans sing his praise . He’s massive and I’m sure he appreciated everything from us today. Great player at a club that’s shite !

Balli001

It just goes to show how good we are as a fan base . We sang his song again and again, and never once heard the Blackburn fans sing his praise . He’s massive and I’m sure he appreciated everything from us today. Great player at a club that’s shite !
He genuinely looked emotional during the very long serenade. All the players clapped too

Users who are viewing this thread