Last Away Game In The Prem (1 Viewer)

fatso

What would our attitude be to Villa had we sent them down around that time?

Probably something pretty similar.
Maybe, but I hardly think we'd behave the way they did.

My son in law is a Leicester fan, and his mums a season ticket holder, they are good people and not the usual inbred type you usually expect to meet from Leicester,

we have a bit of good natured banter as you'd expect, but they have both wished us well at Wembley and hope to see us get promoted. They both expect to see Leicester get relegated too, but if it happens I certainly won't be rubbing their noses in it.

But if it was Villa on the other hand .......

Bad Boy

Wasn't at the game, by that point of the season I'd accepted that relegation was inevitable.

But that night, for some reason I decided to watch Match of the Day. Jug ears was on there with his Leicester smirk, then they played this on the credits, and I couldn't stop myself from crying:

That smirk just gets me.

bigfatronssba

The good old days.

Did Jesus get a ban for this?

Travs

Maybe, but I hardly think we'd behave the way they did.

My son in law is a Leicester fan, and his mums a season ticket holder, they are good people and not the usual inbred type you usually expect to meet from Leicester,

we have a bit of good natured banter as you'd expect, but they have both wished us well at Wembley and hope to see us get promoted. They both expect to see Leicester get relegated too, but if it happens I certainly won't be rubbing their noses in it.

But if it was Villa on the other hand .......

I think taking the hump because a local rival mocked our relegation is a bit petty.

(not a dig at you personally.... but see a lot of City fans saying they'll "never forgive" Villa for singing Some Day We'll See You Again at that game....

That's bordering on Sunderland levels of bitterness.

Travs

I dunno, the train i was on contained hundreds of city fans and there wasn't much encouragement needed to go over there and be hostile from the very outset.

fatso

I think taking the hump because a local rival mocked our relegation is a bit petty.

(not a dig at you personally.... but see a lot of City fans saying they'll "never forgive" Villa for singing Some Day We'll See You Again at that game....

That's bordering on Sunderland levels of bitterness.
Fuckinell mate, where have you been all these years? The rivalry existed bloody donkeys years before we got relegated.

Rumour has it that the original 11 commandment was SOTV

Seriously mate, we were hating those cunts before your granny was born.

Travs

Fuckinell mate, where have you been all these years? The rivalry existed bloody donkeys years before we got relegated.

Rumour has it that the original 11 commandment was SOTV

Seriously mate, we were hating those cunts before your granny was born.

This is my point.... and we're supposed to be aghast that Villa mocked us being relegated.... it comes with the territory. We'd have done exactly the same.

fatso

This is my point.... and we're supposed to be aghast that Villa mocked us being relegated.... it comes with the territory. We'd have done exactly the same.
I'd like to think we would of treated them with far more respect than they showed towards us on that day, rivals or not.
There's good natured banter, and there's hateful bile!
I was there, I know what they were like, I couldn't get in the away end, so paid on the gate to get into the Holte end. And spent the afternoon keeping me trap shut.

To prove my point, There's every chance that Leicester will go down after Sundays results are in, and bar a bit of good natured bantz there's hardly been any gloating on here.
Not many decent football fans take delight at other clubs relegation, except Villa fans who are just horrible nasty cunts.

clint van damme

I'd like to think we would of treated them with far more respect than they showed towards us on that day, rivals or not.

To prove my point, There's every chance that Leicester will go down after Sundays results are in, and bar a bit of good natured bantz there's hardly been any gloating on here.
Not many decent football fans take delight at other clubs relegation, except Villa fans who are just horrible nasty cunts.

Providing we go up I'll be in my fucking element if Leicester go, and in 87 when Villa went down we celebrated like fuck.

bigfatronssba

Is it an omen????

We won at Wembley in 1987 and Villa went down

We win at Wembley in 2023 and Leicester go down!!!!

Leicester also went down in 87

The Great Eastern

I can vividly recall City beating Wolves 3-0 at HR to send them down to Div 2. A hat trick from the wonderful Alan Green !
Did we take the piss ?? Of course we did 😁 Did it get violent after the game ? Not so sure as I was in the Kop and headed for Ball Hill at the final whistle. Perhaps some other old fart has got a story about that game...

Travs

I was there, I know what they were like, I couldn't get in the away end, so paid on the gate to get into the Holte end. And spent the afternoon keeping me trap shut.

"i'd like to think" is hardly a concrete case for our fan's innocence....

We're no different.... we'd have been all over them had they been in the same situation.

I'm not knocking it, i'd have been front of the queue.

"not many decent football fans take delight at other club's relegation...." :D :D :D

fatso

I can vividly recall City beating Wolves 3-0 at HR to send them down to Div 2. A hat trick from the wonderful Alan Green !
Did we take the piss ?? Of course we did 😁 Did it get violent after the game ? Not so sure as I was in the Kop and headed for Ball Hill at the final whistle. Perhaps some other old fart has got a story about that game...
I remember the game, can't remember any violence after the game, but I was only a nipper and with my dad, who would of kept well away from any trouble.
(I must of inherited my mums trait for mindless psychopathic violence)

Travs

i think every City fan who travelled to Villa that day knew what they were potentially letting themselves in for in terms of treatment and reception from both the locals and the police. It was a different era to now.

There was a significant proportion of city fans actively up for trouble, or at the very least not going to shy away from it if it came their way.

LastGarrison

i think every City fan who travelled to Villa that day knew what they were potentially letting themselves in for in terms of treatment and reception from both the locals and the police. It was a different era to now.

There was a significant proportion of city fans actively up for trouble, or at the very least not going to shy away from it if it came their way.
You’d have to be very naive to think otherwise.

There were more than enough Cov who were well up for it that day and I saw loads of random hooliganism like booting wing mirrors off cars and lobbing bottles and that’s without all the fighting.

WMP got it spectacularly wrong and reacted the only way they know how by indiscriminately whacking a baton around anyone in range.

Was certainly a memorable day and for some random reason I even remember I had a short sleeved navy Henri Lloyd shirt on (cool as fuck me).

EalingSB

Seem to remember being on the side rather than behind the goal. Was definitely dodgy everywhere but my overriding memory is being massively pissed off that Man Utd rolled over to let Derby win.

stay_up_skyblues

I was only 14 but I’m sure I remember the city fans were pulling at the shutter to get it up in the concourse at half time. Six of one that day.

Users who are viewing this thread