Latest CCFC letter on planning application - Planning Meeting (2 Viewers)

CovFan

Maton tweeting that there is no emotional argument for the academy to stay.
Not exactly, he was asking what the emotional arguments were, I think he was pretending to be ignorant for comedic event.

Not that surprising considering he blocks people on twitter for not agreeing with him.

duffer

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. From the moment the Ricoh was sold to Wasps, the Council have got in bed with them. They had to, because if for anyone reason Wasps fail, the council end up looking like complete idiots.

The only thing that amazes me is why anyone who has CCFC at heart goes to support Wasps. The one small lever we've got as fans in all this is to say that if Wasps go ahead with this plan, then as fans of Coventry City we will actively boycott them.

Don't fall for all of the "we're happy to work with the club" stuff, because it's utter rubbish. Wasps could have built this facility elsewhere, but they chose the Higgs Centre because it was the easiest and cheapest option for them - much like buying the Ricoh. It helps, of course, that the Council, the CSF, and the Higgs Charity have fallen over themselves to make it all happen.

Anyone who thinks that Wasps give a toss about CCFC needs to pause and look at the overwhelming evidence here; if you support Wasps then you are supporting an organisation that has gone out of its way to permanently harm Coventry City Football Club.

Nick

Administrator
This should not come as a surprise to anyone. From the moment the Ricoh was sold to Wasps, the Council have got in bed with them. They had to, because if for anyone reason Wasps fail, the council end up looking like complete idiots.

The only thing that amazes me is why anyone who has CCFC at heart goes to support Wasps. The one small lever we've got as fans in all this is to say that if Wasps go ahead with this plan, then as fans of Coventry City we will actively boycott them.

Don't fall for all of the "we're happy to work with the club" stuff, because it's utter rubbish. Wasps could have built this facility elsewhere, but they chose the Higgs Centre because it was the easiest and cheapest option for them - much like buying the Ricoh. It helps, of course, that the Council, the CSF, and the Higgs Charity have fallen over themselves to make it all happen.

Anyone who thinks that Wasps give a toss about CCFC needs to pause and look at the overwhelming evidence here; if you support Wasps then you are supporting an organisation that has gone out of it's way to permanently harm Coventry City Football Club.
Yes but they are the enemy of sisu, which adds to the appeal

People can't see what you have said though, they all swallow the "we want to help" line.

Even around the city with people who don't go online, loads will tell you how wasps are trying their best to help.

mattylad

Wasps comment “We are pleased with the outcome of today’s meeting and will be engaging in the next steps requested by the Planning Committee. We look forward to resolving the conditions imposed to move the process forward. “We understand the sensitivities regarding the location of the training base. As previously covered, we have offered CCFC’s Academy use of the indoor kicking barn facility on a commercial basis during set periods of the week and are keen to hold discussions with the football club about how this may work. We also remain open to further discussions with CSF and CCFC about any other ways we might be able to assist with the future of the Academy.”

fernandopartridge

Of course it would have been relevant and on many levels. Even if we're heading for JR3 it would be relevant to the case. They could say that we stood up in the meeting and pointed out where it contravenes the original planning approval and was ignored. All they've got now is that we stood up in the meeting and said a load of stuff that isn't relevant in any way shape or form to the application itself. Nothing he said had to be taken into consideration. Going back to the conditions on the original application approval would have at least been one run further up the ladder not one step down. A complete waste of time even attending. It was PR and nothing else IMO.

They submitted the letter as a formal objection to the planning application, they've followed the process they needed to. Speaking at the committee is too late. The effective decision makers are the council's planning officer not the committee.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps comment “We are pleased with the outcome of today’s meeting and will be engaging in the next steps requested by the Planning Committee. We look forward to resolving the conditions imposed to move the process forward. “We understand the sensitivities regarding the location of the training base. As previously covered, we have offered CCFC’s Academy use of the indoor kicking barn facility on a commercial basis during set periods of the week and are keen to hold discussions with the football club about how this may work. We also remain open to further discussions with CSF and CCFC about any other ways we might be able to assist with the future of the Academy.”

There's the door is open line... Kicking barn... Check....

People will lap it up.

Predictable.

Bruce the Boot

There's the door is open line... Kicking barn... Check....

People will lap it up.

Predictable.

Why not take people at face value , instead of interpreting how YOU wish to see it , Not everybody has an alternative calculated action .

duffer

Let me just rewrite that for them:

"We're delighted that we got planning permission, because it'll be a lot cheaper for us to build here than anywhere else. We'd like to take this opportunity to make some nice noises about the football club, and make some vague, unlikely assurances, because we're a bit nervous that some people might realise that first we took their stadium, and now we've taken their academy. It's important to us that people (especially Coventry City supporters) don't notice this."

Nick

Administrator
Let me just rewrite that for them:

"We're delighted that we got planning permission, because it'll be a lot cheaper for us to build here than anywhere else. We'd like to take this opportunity to make some nice noises about the football club, and make some vague, unlikely assurances, because we're a bit nervous that some people might realise that first we took their stadium, and now we've taken their academy. It's important to us that people (especially Coventry City supporters) don't notice this."
Pretty much, then Bruce can have a go at people who just fall for it

stupot07

is there any surprise they want us to use the kicking barn - guaranteed income for them 3pm-6pm when no one else will want to use it.
£120 ph x 3 hrs = £360 x 5 nights = £1,800 x 52 weeks = £93,600

plus they get to look like the good guys

fernandopartridge

is there any surprise they want us to use the kicking barn - guaranteed income for them 3pm-6pm when no one else will want to use it.

That offer is just replicating what is available to the general public at the moment at the AHC. It's not special treatment for CCFC.

Alan Higgs Centre Pitch Prices
Full Pitch Half Pitch Quarter Pitch
Indoor
£130 £65.00 £45
Indoor
Weekend
£72 £45 £35
Outdoor £95 £47.50 •
Outdoor
Weekend
£40 £30 •

italiahorse

What do they pay now ?

Nsgdm1

Does it matter how much fuss and probably going on previous track record, legal challenges, CCFC / SISU bring, am sure they can drag it out all they want but the contract to use the centre runs out next year anyway so new building or not it is up to the owners if they wish to renew with CCFC or not, assuming they don't and the academy is forced to leave, surely then a re submission of planning would be approved due to use of an underused facility.
SISU always seem to think playing the bully will work but so far they seem to be failing miserably, surely pissing off everyone they come in to contact with except hardcore fans who would back them through thick and thin was never really in their original buisiness plan.
easy to see in hindsight but what a great set up CCFC could have had by now both by owning the Richo and none of this crap with Higgs/ academy if they had gone about buisiness in a proper manner instead of trying to bully everyone, can only guess but am pretty sure the football side would be in a far better place if all the off pitch bullshit was not there

Bruce the Boot

Are you being serious? The fact i can call it before it happens shows how predictable it is.

You said I was having a go ? Its in our hands to sort a resolution, nobody else's , ............ Over to our illustrious owners for a resolution .

Nick

Administrator
You said I was having a go ? Its in our hands to sort a resolution, nobody else's , ............ Over to our illustrious owners for a resolution .
Do you mean where you take everything they say at face value? Of course.

I'll await people signing in who haven't for a while, who will disappear after.

stupot07

What do they pay now ?

Not sure if I've ever seen an exact breakdown, the phrase that seems to be used is substantial discount. Where as now renting from Wasps there is to be no discount.

I'm sure OSB said £50k. But whatever we paid it was for the indoor, classrooms, meeting rooms, medical room, access to 5 outdoor football grass pitches and the outdoor 3g pitch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bruce the Boot

Do you mean where you take everything they say at face value? Of course.

I'll await people signing in who haven't for a while, who will disappear after.

Well I used to take Sisu at face value , still waiting for them to deliver .

skybluetony176

I'm just glad nobody would have had an issue. Still, you could have been angry either way.

Winner

Fall over yourself to defend him won't you.

Seriously what is the point on paying out for the advice of an independent advisor who supplies you relevant information to object something and then when you get your thee minutes don't use it?

It's not like you can't find out what is relevant and what isn't. Go on the governments website and it spells it out, hell it was even stated on here when the news broke.

They have the information, they have a three minutes to say something relevant and said something irrelevant and all you can say is I would have been angry anyway instead of asking why you'd turn up and not make a relevant point. He may as well talked about the weather. No doubt you'd still be defending him if he did.

Nick

Administrator
Fall over yourself to defend him won't you.

Seriously what is the point on paying out for the advice of an independent advisor who supplies you relevant information to object something and then when you get your thee minutes don't use it?

It's not like you can't find out what is relevant and what isn't. Go on the governments website and it spells it out, hell it was even stated on here when the news broke.

They have the information, they have a three minutes to say something relevant and said something irrelevant and all you can say is I would have been angry anyway instead of asking why you'd turn up and not make a relevant point. He may as well talked about the weather. No doubt you'd still be defending him if he did.
They got the help for the letter, where it isn't restricted to 3 minutes and a couple of paragraphs in a paper.

The funny thing is you are falling over to be angry , and would be whatever..

If he went, if he didn't... If they sent an expert who knew nothing about the club..

You seem to think it would actually make a difference whatever was said?

tim07

Are you saying Chris Anderson attended then? Go on, please categorically state again so that everyone on the forum can read it.
Chris Anderson attended,YES?

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Are you saying Chris Anderson attended then? Go on, please categorically state again so that everyone on the forum can read it.
Chris Anderson attended,YES?

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
Chris Anderson attended where?

italiahorse

You don't need to even be that good at running a business when you've got Coventry City Council falling over themselves to smooth the path for your move from London.

Sisu had the same choice when they took over CCFC but decided to do it their way. The batter and stress way.

The start of this rot is set firmly with Sisu. People should not forget this when they proportion blame for our demise to the other parties.
They could have effectively owned the Ricoh for less than £15M and Wasps would never have been here.
Seems a bargain now when you take into account loss of revenue, cost of legal fees and now the loss of future incomes from the demise of the academy
Their continued bullying has made enemies and given local authorities, sports organisations and Wasps the reasoning they needed to take advantage of the situation.
The new stadium and academy bluff has come home to roost.

Bruce the Boot

Maybe you are a little bit naive or just on the wind up.

Here you go again , No I post what I genuinely think. I take everything/body at face value until they prove themselves wrong .

Nick

Administrator
Sisu had the same choice when they took over CCFC but decided to do it their way. The batter and stress way.

The start of this rot is set firmly with Sisu. People should not forget this when they proportion blame for our demise to the other parties.
They could have effectively owned the Ricoh for less than £15M and Wasps would never have been here.
Seems a bargain now when you take into account loss of revenue, cost of legal fees and now the loss of future incomes from the demise of the academy
Their continued bullying has made enemies and given local authorities, sports organisations and Wasps the reasoning they needed to take advantage of the situation.
The new stadium and academy bluff has come home to roost.[/QUOTE

When could they have bought the ricoh for 15m? They wanted 24m for match day revenue...

Users who are viewing this thread