Latest Trust Email (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Have just had this:

Dear Fellow Sky Blue,

As part of our fight to Keep Coventry in Coventry we have teamed up with Not One Penny More to combine the two campaigns into one: ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!’ The campaign theme is that Coventry City FC home games must be played in Coventry and until it is confirmed that this is the case for the 2013/14 season we Sky Blues supporters will refuse to provide any revenue of any kind to CCFC - no season tickets, no home tickets, no replica shirts – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!
There are three things you can do to support the campaign.
1. telling them you support the ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry - NOT ONE PENNY MORE!’ campaign (a template is below)
2. Email the Football League - [email protected] and/or or write to the Football League [email protected] – calling on them to reject any request for CCFC home games to be played outside Coventry (a template is below).
3. ‘Like’ the NOT ONE PENNY MORE Facebook page, follow the campaign on twitter @NotOnePennyMore and spread the word to fellow City fans and urge them to join us in saying “Not one Penny More!”
And of course, any further ideas for the campaign will be very welcome.
PS The Trust AGM is on Monday 1 July 2013 – further details to follow.
------------------------------------------------
Email to Tim Fisher/Joy Seppala
Dear x
Coventry City home games must be played in Coventry and until it is confirmed that this is the case for the 2013/14 season I refuse to provide any revenue of any kind to CCFC - no season tickets, no home tickets, no replica shirts – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!
It is madness to think of Coventry City playing anywhere but in Coventry. We are called Coventry City for a reason. We were founded in Coventry over a hundred years ago. Coventry has always been our home and always will be.
Talk of a new stadium is madness too. The Ricoh was fit for the Olympic Games and is fit for us – we don’t need another stadium. The solution is for you and ACL to sit down together and reach an agreement.
In the meantime, I am saying ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!
Regards,
X
------------------------------
Email to the Football League – Mr Williamson or Mr Hannon
Dear x
Coventry City home games must be played in Coventry and until it is confirmed that this is the case for the 2013/14 season I refuse to provide any revenue of any kind to CCFC - no season tickets, no home tickets, no replica shirts – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!
It is madness to think of Coventry City playing anywhere but in Coventry. We are called Coventry City for a reason. We were founded in Coventry over a hundred years ago. Coventry has always been our home and always will be.

Talk of a new stadium is madness too. The Ricoh Arena was fit for the Olympic Games and is fit for us – we don’t need another stadium. The solution is for the CCFC owners and ACL, the Ricoh Arena owners, to sit down together and reach an agreement. The CCFC owners are proposing the ‘Who Knows Where, Who Knows When Stadium’. No planning application has been submitted and there is no evidence that land has even been purchased.

The current situation is hurting not just CCFC but the football community more generally – we call on you to reject any request for CCFC home games to be played anywhere but in Coventry, even if it is claimed it will be temporary.
In the meantime, I am saying ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!
Regards,
X

Are they really encouraging people to spam Tim Fisher and Joy Seppala? Do they not realise (especially if they have a template) it will just be deleted by the spam filter and won't even reach them. It will more than likely be vetted by a PA.

This is supposed to be a recognised supports group, what will be next?

Also, who is X?

Just a note, it isn't on to send abusive messages and they can and will be tracked so please think before you type an email.

I am not too sure what week be gained by emailing people though?

stupot07

The campaign theme is that Coventry City FC home games must be played in Coventry and until it is confirmed that this is the case for the 2013/14 season we Sky Blues supporters will refuse to provide any revenue of any kind to CCFC - no season tickets, no home tickets, no replica shirts – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!

surely they can't sell season tickets or home tickets until a venue has been confirmed?

RogerH

Doesn't seem to make sense - they want the team to play at the Ricoh but don't want anybody to buy any tickets to watch them play there. Puzzled.

Maybe I misread the post.

Last edited:

Otis

Doesn't seem to make sense - they want the team to play at the Ricoh but don't want anybody to buy any tickets to watch them play there. Puzzled.

Maybe I misread the post.

You misread it.

Not one penny more until it is confirmed that CCFC will be playing at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
It does look as if the Trust's email account has been hacked by an angry pissed up fella. How can they be taken seriously when they send out shit like that?

bamalamafizzfazz

So the trust have now chosen to back a campaign without consulting its membership.

I am fully behind the 'Keep Coventry in Coventry' campaign but disagree with the 'Not One Penny More'. I am taking the option to delay a decision of whether I watch the sky blues or not until I know all the information and feel now that by saying their membership backs this campaign is very unprofessional.

Nick

Administrator
What have the membership been consulted on? Who is exactly running it now as some people have gone quiet?

The trust want to be taken seriously, they wanted a seat on the board for god sake yet they send emails like this?

What would they do in a serious business incident if they were on the board? Get the fans to stick their tongues out at the baddies?

Sick Boy

If this is true, then the 'Trust' is an utter shambles and I hope that these people are never involved in running the club. They are nothing more than a 'SISU OUT' protest group, something which they seemed to have always denied.

Those emails are embarrassing and as cringe worthy as some of the stuff on here, at least it will give some people a laugh.

wozey

I think it's all a load of shit really and until the trust attack all sides sisu ACL and the council I cannot support them

Lord_Nampil

Wheres ACLS and the CCC email? If they have not emailed them then they aren't covering the whole spectrum and therefore aren't really tackling the issue, without ACL and the council admitting they need to talk to the proposed new owners of CCFC ltd then what can the club do???

If this is what the trust is about, then maybe my idea not to join was the correct one.

Godiva

Seem to me the Trust are abandoning their own constitution.
New people with their own agenda have taken over.
The Trust is not to be trusted.

chiefdave

This is not good from the trust. while the obviously don't have to stay neutral they are increasingly becoming a SISU out protest group. A supporters trust should not be a protest group, sure they can take a stance against the owners or anyone else for that matter but in doing so they should remain professional and continue communication with all parties. Do SISU even speak with the Trust anymore?

As has been said what pressure are the putting on CCC and ACL?

Grappa

The last few emails seem to have adopted a less measured tone. You may be correct about new people taking over but surely they would have formally announced a change on the board?

RogerH

So what happens if it is the Ricoh ? Is that it ? Is it an acceptance of the SISU regime ?

Should the Trust be looking at a strategy to try to get SISU out whilst playing in Cov ?

What if the results are rubbish, who gets blamed in six months time if the manager has been starved of funds to improve the squad ?

cloughie

Unless you are privvy to inside info then surely you should have a question mark after your trusted remark

Then again the same could said about most of your posts

Nick

Administrator
The trust should be looking to work with all parties who have anything to do with the club to get the best for the fans.

It just seems like a group of fellas who want to go and hold signs up and protest and get in the paper with their mates

Before somebody said that someone on the board runs or ran a huge company, why aren't they doing the marketing? Why aren't they doing it properly?

Chinny_Hill

Have just had this:

Are they really encouraging people to spam Tim Fisher and Joy Seppala? Do they not realise (especially if they have a template) it will just be deleted by the spam filter and won't even reach them. It will more than likely be vetted by a PA.

This is supposed to be a recognised supports group, what will be next?

Also, who is X?

"Supporters"

Chinny_Hill

The trust should be looking to work with all parties who have anything to do with the club to get the best for the fans.

It just seems like a group of fellas who want to go and hold signs up and protest and get in the paper with their mates

Before somebody said that someone on the board runs or ran a huge company, why aren't they doing the marketing? Why aren't they doing it properly?

Perhaps because they run a huge company?

luwalla

When I signed up to be a member of the trust, I thought they could do some good.. And that I could be part of that.

However their last couple of emails have been full or inaccuracies & errors and have had an unprofessional , bordering on child like, tone!

The few people running it have also made decisions and taken actions, claiming to represent all of its members, and then told all of us, it's members , after the event!

I'm sorry guys.. But things are not being run correctly at the trust. You are not consulting with your members , you are not giving your members a chance to offer input.. You are not even responding to emails from your members! In the words of Duncan Banatyne... I'm out!

Last edited:

wozey

Well for me the trust have lost all credibility and seem to be acting like a bunch of yobs than a professional group of people trying to do their best for the club, So for that reason I'm out

lordsummerisle

Dear Fellow Sky Blue,

As part of our fight to Keep Coventry in Coventry we have teamed up with Not One Pie More to combine the two campaigns into one: ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry – NOT ONE PIE MORE!’ The campaign theme is that Coventry City FC home games must be played in Coventry and until it is confirmed that this is the case for the 2013/14 season we Sky Blues supporters will refuse to provide any revenue of any kind to ACL - no pies, no pints, no car parking – NOT ONE PIE MORE!
There are three things you can do to support the campaign.
1. E-mail [email protected] and/or [email protected] telling them you support the ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry - NOT ONE PIE MORE!’ campaign (a template is below)
2. Email the Football League - [email protected] and/or or write to the Football League [email protected] – calling on them to reject any request for CCFC home games to be played inside Coventry without any revenue from going to the club and a far better rent deal (a template is below).
3. ‘Like’ the NOT ONE PIE MORE Facebook page, follow the campaign on twitter @NotOnePieMore and spread the word to fellow City fans and urge them to join us in saying “Not one Pie More!”
And of course, any further ideas for the campaign will be very welcome.
PS The Trust AGM is on Monday 1 July 2013 – further details to follow.
------------------------------------------------
Email to PWKH/John Mutton
Dear x
Coventry City home games must be played in Coventry and until it is confirmed that this is the case for the 2013/14 season I refuse to provide any revenue of any kind to ACL - no pies, no pints, no car parking – NOT ONE PIE MORE!
Talk of a new stadium is madness too. The Ricoh was fit for the Olympic Games and is fit for us – we don’t need another stadium. The solution is for you and SISU to sit down together and reach an agreement.
In the meantime, I am saying ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry – NOT ONE PIE MORE!
Regards,
X
------------------------------
Email to the Football League – Mr Williamson or Mr Hannon
Dear x

Talk of a new stadium is madness too. The Ricoh Arena was fit for the Olympic Games and is fit for us – we don’t need another stadium. The solution is for the CCFC owners and ACL, the Ricoh Arena owners, to sit down together and reach an agreement. The Ricoh Arena owners have refused to negotiate with CCFC since January, and set in train the events that led to administration.

The current situation is hurting not just CCFC but the football community more generally – we call on you to reject any request for CCFC home games to be played anywhere but in Coventry, even if it is claimed it will be temporary.
In the meantime, I am saying ‘Keep Coventry in Coventry – NOT ONE PIE MORE!
Regards,

CJ_covblaze

I can confirm that there has been no changes to our board in the recent past. We started with 10 which swiftly became 12 and finally around 4-5 months ago we became 13. This was to widen the skill set on the board.

As for the NOPM campaign. This is being ran due to the threat to move the club outside its'/your/my city.

Nick

Administrator
I can confirm that there has been no changes to our board in the recent past. We started with 10 which swiftly became 12 and finally around 4-5 months ago we became 13. This was to widen the skill set on the board.

As for the NOPM campaign. This is being ran due to the threat to move the club outside its'/your/my city.

How come the members hear nothing until it's decided all the time? Even with so many members saying the emails are getting embarrassing they keep coming?

Are any members getting listened to?

Did the skill set not include writing emails or market research?

wozey

It all started with good intentions, people trying to do the right thing and I still believe the original members have good intentions but something at the trust has gone horribly wrong and it needs sorting out

Users who are viewing this thread