@lbrody just back on Twitter (1 Viewer)

TheOldFive

After 6 days away Leonard Brodys back on Twitter Right Now. Say Hi.

Chipfat

Saying someting small maybe announed this week but not done yet so cant go into it,,, also asked about franchise player answered buy one or produce home grown... so that means building the team around Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Brody has said we are home growing the franchise player. This is good and bad. Thomas is the likely guy and we are unlikely to see a top level player bought in as the so called franchise man.

TheOldFive

Has been asked if he has returned to counter Hoffman and Joe at Treacle Town today. Also said he enjoyed the @Trampbeater thread.

pusbccfc

Franchise player could be gael, we played around him at times today?

Macca

@lbrody I don't suppose you know what I have done with the spare remote control batteries for the TV do you, its doing my head in

Chipfat

Either way Brody is back tracking when he said about franchise player as he stated in the same mold as King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lets face it we are not getting anyone as we are skint he also dodged the question about signings by saying we need to get the club correct for the fa rules on money next season.... Hoffman please get these clowns out we are being lied too and mislead from transfer embargo to remortgaging the training ground and now to false signings to promote sesason tickets sales...

Right if he is true to his word it would be good to allow him to answer questions one at a time. Nick could you moderate a thread that he could use? Get in touch with him and sort something properly?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

The blokes a joke, very rarely does he give a straight answer he would fucking melt on here with people who actually know and understand the clubs accounts (OSB). The quicker these clowns are out of the club the better. :mad:
:blue: :blue:

Nick

Administrator
Sure, I have offered in the past to make an Ask Brody forum and Darren (skyblu3sk‎) has also asked him and he said he would.

I would be more than happy to moderate / make a section for him with SENSIBLE, MATURE questions.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I would love to see "sensible and mature" questions, Nick, but would the guys on here keep them that way - knowing how unhappy they all are at the present situation?

Nick

Administrator
I would love to see "sensible and mature" questions, Nick, but would the guys on here keep them that way - knowing how unhappy they all are at the present situation?

They would be moderated and approved before going live in that section ;) Not that we would stop people from having an opinion, we would just stop stupidness like "Brody u r a nob" type stuff.

If somebody thought out a question to put forward then it would be put forward :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They would be moderated and approved before going live in that section ;) Not that we would stop people from having an opinion, we would just stop stupidness like "Brody u r a nob" type stuff.

If somebody thought out a question to put forward then it would be put forward :)

Like the idea Nick! Let's go for it! ;)

Chipfat

So the Franchise player is home grown, Thomas, Gael? if its Thomas they have changed there tune from now buliding the team round him to sending him to liverpool to pay wages!!!!!!!!!

Nick

Administrator
For them to be homegrown and the franchise player they really need to be good. They need to set the world on fire like Rooney did at 17 / 18 rather than somebody who doesn't really stand out at all.

Dan Griffin

For them to be homegrown and the franchise player they really need to be good. They need to set the world on fire like Rooney did at 17 / 18 rather than somebody who doesn't really stand out at all.

Well if Gael keeps up his passing performance from today and doesn't turn out to be just a 1 game wonder he will do well, would be nice to see more of the youngsters in pre season.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

If Gael is going to be our FP then that is fine but lets get the lad tied up on 5 year contract with a buy out clause of around 8-10 Mill to stop the vultures. :thinking about:

I know this may sound absolutely ridiculous as we've only seen him for 45 minutes against a non-league team but what he did show is a class that at the moment we just can not afford.

Nick

Administrator
Well if Gael keeps up his passing performance from today and doesn't turn out to be just a 1 game wonder he will do well, would be nice to see more of the youngsters in pre season.

There is a lot of difference between pre season friendlies and proper competitive games though, I remember a certain Grandison spraying passes against Hinckley like he was Beckham.

Dan Griffin

If Gael is going to be our FP then that is fine but lets get the lad tied up on 5 year contract with a buy out clause of around 8-10 Mill to stop the vultures. :thinking about:

I know this may sound absolutely ridiculous as we've only seen him for 45 minutes against a non-league team but what he did show is a class that at the moment we just can not afford.

Doubt this will happen when have we ever seen SISU offer a 5 year contract to any player :(

Chipfat

Gael is outstanding and has been since he walked onto the alan higgs pitches, but it is alot to ask a young boy with no first team experience to carry us in what is the most competitive league in Europe.. If this is what Sisu are trying to sell fans instead of King type player then they must really think we really have no idea about the game which is a bigger insult than keeping us in the dark about all the other strokes they have pulled...

Sky

Gael is quality and in the coming season he will show you but I highly doubt he is the "franchise player" as he is very similar to Sammy, however I think he will remain a Cov player for a long time to come

pusbccfc

Gael looked very impressive today, but this is nuneaton we are talking about, let's give him a try in the league, or bury even would be a good challenge for him, then maybe we can comment but what I saw today looked great.
Hope he can keep it up...

paul1978

Gael looked very impressive today, but this is nuneaton we are talking about, let's give him a try in the league, or bury even would be a good challenge for him, then maybe we can comment but what I saw today looked great.
Hope he can keep it up...

i thought this tread was about leanard brody club director
i have to say i was banned by mr brody for being rude and disrespectful
i was only saying how i feel this club is being run by a bunch of jokers
it kids stuff i mean the comment about gary hoffman and business headed paper what an insult total joke and now they say his wivdrawn his bid

sisu are desperate this is an awful time for every sky blues fan
i urge every fan to spread the messege and get the jokers out
NOW SISU OUT

TheOldFive

"Len has now left the building." About 125 tweets over 100 minutes with the promise of a little announcement perhaps this coming week, plus scotching rumours of Russian Money. The "Franchise Player" thing came up, but that just looks like talk and no real substance behind it - might just as well mean a home grown player. Most tweets (the ones you can see) polite and enquiring, Len assuring that he has not been deliberately lying low, just busy.
Lens' biggest message to us all is to understand the impending budget rules coming into play, brushing off counter arguments from some who suggested this was a device SISU were hiding behind to justify lack of investment... Suggested Leicester were playing a dangerous game with their spending levels at present.
Len finished on a cautionary note in a dig at Hoffman reminding us he had presided over 3 stagnant years as part of SISU and had been ineffectual.
Read for yourself at www.twitter.com/lbrody

Chipfat

Len brody is not completely to blame for the current state of the club i think most understand this but he has stated things that bring alot of frustration from fans towards him. I think the guy is nuts to put himself up to be shot at especally while the club in in should trouble, but if you do this then you make yourself the target.

When the questions get tough he claims to work for Sisu, or state he wasnt at the club at the time when things have happend, but i think the statment about a FP has put him in the most trouble and that has defo back fired. The worrying thing for me from what he said was admitting that the current loan is to buy time for them to turn it around, well im sorry but time is not on our side and i would prefer to be in LCFC position right now than ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Lastly the Hoffman dig im sure like Brody if Hoffman was asked about his time he would state the same as Brody he was on the board that was run by Sisu and was a passenger more than the deciding factor in major decisions. The reason hoff quit was because of the sale of Thomas, the same Thomas that could be this FP!!!!!!!!!.

Last edited:

valiant15

Too many city fans roll over and have their tummys tickled by sisu,there is the attitude of "oh well weve lost king but weve got juke".No wonder sisu take the piss.They know they can get away with it.If half of you met brody or any of the other tossers that have been mugging us off for the last 4 years you would bottle it.Fact.

MatthewWallis

I hope it is Gael just because I went to school with him and I talk to him :) my claim to fame but he is quality and will be a quality player when he's older

Platt_The_Donkey

"Franchise player" almost as cringe worthy as calling us a "brand".....................and what will be the "minor" announcement, that we've sold McIndoe?

I want to know, and i've sent this to Brody via our planned discussion, why he chose to become a minority shareholder, something must have attracted him?

Users who are viewing this thread