LCFC Ground extension (1 Viewer)

AOM

Never been to their ground, but from what I've seen it looks nearly identical to the CBS.
Don't think we'd be needing an extension anytime soon, but assume our ground has been built in a way it can be expanded similarly to this?

Saying that, we can't even get a working train at an appropriate time on match days...

bigfatronssba

Never been to their ground, but from what I've seen it looks nearly identical to the CBS.
Don't think we'd be needing an extension anytime soon, but assume our ground has been built in a way it can be expanded similarly to this?

Saying that, we can't even get a working train at an appropriate time on match days...

Its much blander than the CBS, with 4 identical stands. We at least have one unique stand.

Also the CBS is much taller I thought

richnrg

As they'll need at least 4 (realistically 6 +) points from Liverpool, Newcastle and Wet Spam, I think those expansion plans might be filed in the bin

shmmeee

Looking at it I don’t think so. Leicesters expansion is along the side, we have the convention centre one side, so maybe could rebuild that? Would be expensive though. Other side you have the railway right next to the stadium so doubt you could extend that side. The ends go into the car park but not sure you’d want to expand them.

Reactions: AOM

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The trains 🚂 are not run by the football ⚽ club.

Reactions: AOM

the rumpo kid

Terrace isn't as steep as the cbs and doesn't go back as far, also the concourse is pathetic that's why they can't have concerts there, no chance of getting a safety certificate.
Guess that's what you get when you fuck the builder.

AOM

Looking at it I don’t think so. Leicesters expansion is along the side, we have the convention centre one side, so maybe could rebuild that? Would be expensive though. Other side you have the railway right next to the stadium so doubt you could extend that side. The ends go into the car park but not sure you’d want to expand them.

Very true, would be interesting to see how they would go about it if we ever needed it.

Bring back the old LMA Manager games where I could extend one stand of Highfield Road to 75,000 and keep the rest as they are

shmmeee

Hmmm expand over the train track/station and have it come out inside as well as towards the arena 🤔

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If they get relegated their gates will still be very good for at least the first season. They'll get close to capacity in the home sections.

robbiethemole

I think I remember years ago there was a statement to the effect of when we return to the Prem, the design of North and South stands allowed for a cantilever- style second tier to be added. No idea when and who by, but it’s probably closer now to happening then ever before.

hill83

With all the shenanigans of the CBS through the years, the train station and all the other bollocks. I’ve got absolutely no doubt that it’s not suitable for an extension like that.

Matt smith

Couple of their fans on talksport said they wouldn’t watch them in the championship

the entitlement they seem to have as a fan base, what they’ve achieved has been great but they’re coming back down

Back to the Steve Howard days

Users who are viewing this thread