Le fondre "I was right to choose reading over Coventry" (1 Viewer)

CovFan

http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2100051_le_fondre_i_was_right_to_choose_reading_fc_over_coventry

Adam Le Fondre insists he was right to reject a summer move to Saturday’s opponents Coventry City because he has joined a better club in Reading.

The former Rotherham United goal-machine was a target for Sky Blues boss Andy Thorn, but Reading’s interest ended any chance of him going to the Ricoh Arena.

Royals’ new £350,000 striker has been an immediate hit with fans at Madejski Stadium and is looking to add to his first goal for the club in last Saturday’s 2-0 home win over Doncaster Rovers.

Le Fondre said: “I know (Coventry) had a firm interest in me, but I picked the better club.

“Coventry are a good club, but with the way Reading develop players and the platform they have here, it is a great way for me to improve as a player and go forward.”

Follow Royals reporter Jonny Fordham on Twitter here

The Sky Blues were thumped 3-0 by Ipswich Town*on Monday and their tally of four goals for the season is the second lowest in the Championship.

Royals are looking to build on their first home win of the season in back-to-back away trips against Coventry and then at Bristol City on Tuesday night (7.45pm kick-off).

But Le Fondre, who came off the bench to score against Doncaster, has warned his new team-mates not to get complacent against two of the Championship’s strugglers.

He said: “The win against Doncaster has galvanised us. But we have to move on to the next game now and try to get another.

"I would prefer to start, but if I come off the bench and score I’m still happy. I want to score as many goals as possible.

“The next two games are both winnable, but we have to go into them with the right mentality. We’re not the kind of team to go away seeking a point, we want to win.”

Saturday will also*be Le Fondre’s first away trip with Royals.

As a newcomer he will be required to follow club tradition by singing to his new team-mates at dinner and he revealed he has chosen Bon Jovi’s hit ‘Always’.

“I’m not too sure who has the luxury of having me in their room just yet, though,” he joked.

Hopefully thorn will print that out, and stick it up in the dressing room pre match.

kg82

Them's fighting words! Well, I think Thorn now has some ammo for the troops which is good.

EDIT: I didn't see your comment at the bottom but I totally agree!!

Astute

Silly boy. So he scored against Doncaster :D They have 1 point so far. They look out of their depth at the moment. A team that looks as though they are at the level that ALF has come from. I am expecting a good result from playing Reading. They are not as good as last season.

hotrod

O come on,having signed for Reading he was highly unlikely to say he would have preferred to have signed for us or anyone else for that matter.

Regards.:wave:

Astute

Not a good time to say it when you are playing that team next though. I wonder if his manager is happy with his comment?

kg82

O come on,having signed for Reading he was highly unlikely to say he would have preferred to have signed for us or anyone else for that matter.

Regards.:wave:

Don't think that's the point. He said he joined a better club. Now, he may be right, but you don't go blabbing to the media about that!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Big words for a guy who scored against Doncaster who are even worse than us. If he wants to get the city fans riled up for Saturday he is going the right away about it.

Sub

he will probly score against us !! nothing suprises me anymore :facepalm:

smileycov

Facebook User
Who the fuck is adam lefondre,
who the fuck is adam lefondre,
who the fuck is adam lefondre...when cody mac marches on on on
:claping hands::claping hands:

Il Pirata

To be fair to him, after 7 games and 2 points difference between the sides, you can say that he is fully justified.

Develop players? No, we don't do that. He's on the bench? That must be nice as well.

kg82

He's right

END OF THREAD

Oh, BTW, An ALF thread, EXCELLENT !

Two things:

The point is he shouldn't say it to the media.

He said it about Coventry, so I think that's a thread about Coventry and a match coming up.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
i was right to choose reading over Coventry

dont see what the problem is .... just because he enjoys a good book ...........:whistle:

kg82

He is hardly going to come out and say Reading are shite I should have joined Coventry though is he?

No, but I say again, he shouldn't say anything. He could have just said yes Cov were interested but I chose Reading and that's all that matters now. Not hard is it. Mind you, I don't actually mind other players slagging us off, no matter how minor - AMMO!!

Macca

funny, when we were in for him he was the best thing since sliced bread now he's shit :D

and he's right.......

but lets hope he has egg on face come saturday

kg82

Don't think anyone's said he's shit have they? Think it's just pointing out he's said what he said?

pusbccfc

Shouldn't have said that, very arrogant.
Devlop players, so gael cyrus and cameron haven't been developed well then at 17/18

kg82

Think he's more on about players that have moved to Reading then moved on to better things eg Doyle, Long, Sidwell etc but if he's going down that route then we've had Dann, Best and Westwood recently (even Fox went to Celtic). Like I said though, hopefully we can take those comments and use it as motivation.

Astute

But our bid was taken to have been a joke, so how did he get a chance to join us if we did not offer enough cash for him?

Nonleagueherewecome

dont see what the problem is .... just because he enjoys a good book ...........:whistle:
Darn, you beat me to it! The worst case of this joke I have witnessed is Jarvis Cocker at the Reading Festival. He tried to string it out for about a minute, deadpan style. Not funny.

redsox

Facebook User
I hope that the team read this and react positively with Cody scoring a hat-trick! (.......a man can dream ....can't he?):D

Macca

Don't think anyone's said he's shit have they? Think it's just pointing out he's said what he said?

sarcastic comments about him "only scoring against Doncaster".

Cody missed his chances but everyone was boned up just because he was in the right positions :D

ajsccfc

He's talking about how he made the right choice for his career, it's really not arrogant nor an attack on us. If we were to either be enraged or spurred on by players preferring to join other teams we'd be in a constantly motivated rage.

kg82

He's talking about how he made the right choice for his career, it's really not arrogant nor an attack on us. If we were to either be enraged or spurred on by players preferring to join other teams we'd be in a constantly motivated rage.

Maybe not, but he hasn't worded it very well. Players may well prefer to play for other teams but they don't clumsily blurt it out in interviews. And I really wish most players DID, and while they're at it, slag off our own players and manager!!

ajsccfc

It reads fairly innocuously to me :

'I know (Coventry) had a firm interest in me, but I picked the better club. Coventry are a good club, but with the way Reading develop players and the platform they have here, it is a great way for me to improve as a player and go forward.'

I don't think there's a lot to be read from it. It's not like we can say he's wrong after all.

skybluesteve76

Why are people saying he made the right decision? He didn't choose us, so obviously he made the wrong decision surely? I thought we were Cov fans. I really dont get that mentality.

ajsccfc

Adam Le Fondre isn't a Cov fan, so it's quite easy to say that joining a club who were recently in the Premier League and who aren't struggling in nearly every way was the better move for him.

Users who are viewing this thread