League 1 manager situation (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

I don't think we should be so smug about other promotion contenders losing their managers because Mowbray could well be the next one to be off.

Astute

I don't think we should be so smug about other promotion contenders losing their managers because Mowbray could well be the next one to be off.

How do you know that he hasn't already been targeted? He has said that he has a two year plan. And he seems to be the type to keep to his word. And he is also more experienced than those managers named. So he will know that the grass isn't always greener.

Would another club give him the full run like he has with us? It is like old style managers that used to run the clubs. And he seems to be enjoying it. I can't see him leaving until at least when the two years are up or SISU don't keep to their word.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's a bit embarrassing and shows a lack of class to be laughing at other clubs.

Not laughing, but any little advantages are important. Che Adams sent off and Bob Harris injured for Sheff U (get well soon), but can't say wasn't pleased for us.

covcity4life

Lack of class? Behave

Noone is laughing st football clubs just pleased with possibly happenings that might help ccfc be that a manager change fir a rival or a red card before teams meet.

It's called being a fan

mechaishida

Lack of class? Behave

Noone is laughing st football clubs just pleased with possibly happenings that might help ccfc be that a manager change fir a rival or a red card before teams meet.

It's called being a fan

Yes, well, you have to remember that some people take themselves and their moral imperatives very seriously. :p

skyblue1991

It's a bit embarrassing and shows a lack of class to be laughing at other clubs.

So you are saying that fans of Walsall, Burton, Gilingham, Wigan, Millwall, Bradford etc... wouldn't be laughing at us if Mowbray leaves, Armstrong doesn't return, Murphy is injured for the rest of the season or anything similar?

I think you are talking bollocks.

Astute

So you are saying that fans of Walsall, Burton, Gilingham, Wigan, Millwall, Bradford etc... wouldn't be laughing at us if Mowbray leaves, Armstrong doesn't return, Murphy is injured for the rest of the season or anything similar?

You are talking bollocks by saying that you only think he is :D

covcity4life

Let's just hope he learns from this

Sick Boy

Personally I would prefer that we go up based on out own merits rather than relying on other managers getting sacked.

Let's hope they don't get the new manager syndrome either eh?

Sick Boy

I take comfort at having an opposing view to certain posters on this thread, thanks.

mechaishida

Personally I would prefer that we go up based on out own merits rather than relying on other managers getting sacked.

Let's hope they don't get the new manager syndrome either eh?

Yes, absolutely, but if we can utilise and benefit from negative circumstances at rival clubs, surely that's not detrimental?

Sick Boy

Yes, absolutely, but if we can utilise and benefit from negative circumstances at rival clubs, surely that's not detrimental?

No but a team capable of winning automatic promotion doesn't need to rely on those around them falling apart.

Astute

No but a team capable of winning automatic promotion doesn't need to rely on those around them falling apart.

A season is a marathon and not a sprint for the last month or two. The most consistent teams get into the automatic places.

If a club suffers a bit of misfortune and we pip them to promotion I would be very happy. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Just like they would be with us.

mechaishida

Who said anything about relying on other teams capitulating?

Personally, I don't care how we get out of this league. I wouldn't give a toss if it was at the expense of a better team. This club needs to get out of this league, and I won't be mulling over moral implications to do so.

covcity4life

Lol its as if sickbay has never watched football before. Many a genuine title has been won due to opposition not being able to keep pace. Doesnt take away from the team that wins title.

Look at Chelsea next year. They had no rivals all season long. Does that mean their title wasn't as good as when city won on last day???? Just cod their rivals fucked up

Sick Boy

You are completely missing the point cc4life. I agree that we should be capitalising on other teams' misfortunes, but it makes us look like small fry getting excited when another team loses their manager. Especially when they aren't the teams we will need to be worrying about at the end of the season. IMHO, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread