League 1 tonight (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Burton beating Posh 1-0
Vale beating Doncaster 1-0
Barnsley beating Bradford 1-0

coop

Burton I think are pretty much to many points ahead to catch so I think play offs are our only hope can't see us going on an unbeaten run.

Gint11

Burton I think are pretty much to many points ahead to catch so I think play offs are our only hope can't see us going on an unbeaten run.

2nd will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Blackpool 0 - 0 Sheffield United.

If Burton hang on to their lead we will have gone from leading the league by 3 points, to 9 points behind top (who will still have a game in hand) in our poor 10 game run.

wingy

I suppose the question is will they choke around five to six games out like we did when getting to the top.
That depends on who makes a late run to apply the pressure.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

9 point gap if Burton win tonight.

I did wonder why people were saying the Burton and Walsall games weren't must wins. It seemed a bit strange to me.

We've lost our chance to take points off Burton and Walsall, and It's going to be very hard to catch Burton especially. Second place may also be a bit too much of an ask as I think they'll be too many other teams competing for that position.

I really hope we don't make it to the playoffs and go out. Frustratingly that's all I can see happening at the moment. Call me a pessimist - too many years supporting City!

Bob Latchford

Think we can only hope to finish in the top 6. we won't make the automatic places . so , a Burton win tonight may be the best result for us imo .

rupert_bear

These teams all have to play each other, our next NINE games are against mid table teams, we need to get our act together quickly

stevefloyd

Theres a few games to go yet lets remain positive and sing and shout to support the lads... never mind making the 12th man lets make the 13th and 14th PUSB

Brylowes

I did wonder why people were saying the Burton and Walsall games weren't must wins. It seemed a bit strange to me.

We've lost our chance to take points off Burton and Walsall, and It's going to be very hard to catch Burton especially. Second place may also be a bit too much of an ask as I think they'll be too many other teams competing for that position.

I really hope we don't make it to the playoffs and go out. Frustratingly that's all I can see happening at the moment. Call me a pessimist - too many years supporting City!
Well Id rather play off,s than nowt

Liquid Gold

if all stays the same then we're 6 points clear of 7th, not bad all considered. I can't see us catching Burton and 2nd will be a stretch so maintaining playoffs has to be the aim now.

Lord_Nampil

in the middle of March MK last season were 6 points off automatics and went up! along long long way to go so i dont see why so many people are in a panic. Both Preston and MK had loosing streaks last season, and Preston went 7 games without a win at one point! what happens tonight happens, we focus on re kicking our season off on Saturday then we have 17 cup finals left!

Calista

Decent set of results tonight IMO. Posh, Sheffield and Bradford all failing to win. I'm settling into looking for a playoff place, whilst of course hoping for a fantastic run to get us into the automatics. Let's face it, the playoffs would be more exciting than anything we've seen for many a long year.

covmark

Decent set of results tonight IMO. Posh, Sheffield and Bradford all failing to win. I'm settling into looking for a playoff place, whilst of course hoping for a fantastic run to get us into the automatics. Let's face it, the playoffs would be more exciting than anything we've seen for many a long year.
Absolutely agree. Of course autos would be ideal and stress free, but could you imagine the excitement of the playoffs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

If we reach the play offs that would be great and if we crept into 2nd or 1st wouldnt that be fuckin fantastic... still lots to play for lets hope we can pick up again from our set back

Gazolba

Burton are running away with this league. They are out of reach of us. Cannot see us stringing enough wins together to catch up. I would not assume they will have a 'bad patch'. We could still make 2nd, but only if we start winning really quickly. What a pity we could not beat Burton when we had the chance. Peterborough were going really well for a while but seem to have fallen off badly.

covmark

Burton are running away with this league. They are out of reach of us. Cannot see us stringing enough wins together to catch up. I would not assume they will have a 'bad patch'. We could still make 2nd, but only if we start winning really quickly. What a pity we could not beat Burton when we had the chance. Peterborough were going really well for a while but seem to have fallen off badly.
Peterborough have fallen foul of the Westley effect.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stupot07

in the middle of March MK last season were 6 points off automatics and went up! along long long way to go so i dont see why so many people are in a panic. Both Preston and MK had loosing streaks last season, and Preston went 7 games without a win at one point! what happens tonight happens, we focus on re kicking our season off on Saturday then we have 17 cup finals left!

I think autos are going to be 91-92 points this season, so we will likely need to win 13-14 of our remaining 18 games. Still a lot to play for, worth noting that MK Dons had 56 points after 28 games and went on to finish second in 91. We simply have to go on a couple 6-7 winning run streaks.

Lord_Nampil

I think autos are going to be 91-92 points this season, so we will likely need to win 13-14 of our remaining 18 games. Still a lot to play for, worth noting that MK Dons had 56 points after 28 games and went on to finish second in 91. We simply have to go on a couple 6-7 winning run streaks.

today it looks impossible, but Preston beat us about this time last season after a run worse than ours.... anything can happen, just look after ourselves!

Otis

Well more not losses, than must wins in the Burton case.

Burton are now 9 points clear, but had we drawn they would have 2 points less and us 1 point more, so it would be just a 6 point lead, which is much more attainable.

Last edited:

Ian1779

The teams above have more games against each other than we have against them. So points are going to be dropped. A whole bunch of draws would be most ideal scenario I think.

If we can go to the end of the season unbeaten at home - which looking at our fixtures is attainable we will be there or there-abouts.

Long way to go yet.

SkyBlueAbo

The teams above have more games against each other than we have against them. So points are going to be dropped. A whole bunch of draws would be most ideal scenario I think.

If we can go to the end of the season unbeaten at home - which looking at our fixtures is attainable we will be there or there-abouts.

Long way to go yet.

^^^^ absolutely this

Astute

We are not as far off the top as most say. If we had won our last 3 games we would be two points clear of second place.And after our bad run we are still 6 points clear with no games in hand to 7th place. All sides are unexpectedly dropping points.

Burton lost last weekend to Shrewsbury at home. They are in 20th and would have been in the bottom 4 had Burton won. They are not invincible. Not time to slash your wrists yet.

coop

But we didn't if we had beat Walsall and burton we would of been top and nicked points off them but we didn't we need to make ourselves harder to beat and be more defensive like Burton.

Otis

Well, maybe, but I would say that more importantly, we have lost our attacking prowess (Crewe excepted) and rather being dependant on our defence holding out to gain victories we have failed to kill games off at the other end.

As someone famously said, all you have to do is score more goals than the opposition and our biggest asset we had was our forward play. We have the top scorer in the league, yet at times have given him very little service.
We get that service right and we will surely be scoring at a better ratio than of late. Last 3 games, 1 goal scored.

Of course we do need to look at strengthening the back line, but with the likes of Maddison, Armstrong and Murphy it is quite clear where our strength truly lies.

Astute

Our main problem this season has been our main strengths have ended up in the medical room Otis.

Sick Boy

Those first 3 games in April could have a massive say on whether or not we maintain our position.

covcity4life

shame burton won but playoffs looking more and more likely. 7th hardly breathing down our necks right now

saying that if we dont register a win soon...

Otis

shame burton won but playoffs looking more and more likely. 7th hardly breathing down our necks right now

saying that if we dont register a win soon...
But even though Burton won and we are now 9 points behind them, we are still only 6 points off 2nd and therefore an automatic promotion place.

We just need to get our act together and string at least 2 or 3 back to back victories and then we could be right back in it.

Users who are viewing this thread