league cup final (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

I think Gary Neville has been hinting that Arsenal might be shit! in fact I think CCFC would have beaten Arsenal today

Terry_dactyl

arsenal are like ccfc.. always hope but ultimately consistently underperform

I have a mate who’s an arsenal fan; constantly moaning about their lot.
They’ve won the FA Cup two years on the trot, got to the league cup final this year, are still in the Europa cup, have had players such as Sanchez, ozil etc. They’ve just had a couple of bad seasons by their standards. They ain’t like cov!

Having said that...I was thinking today that none of the arsenal players would’ve got into that Man City team, with the exception maybe of bellarin - who was shit today - I thought that this probably doesn’t apply to the other teams in the top 5 eg spurs have Kane, alli, eriksen, Sanchez, mourn etc who could all arguably get in the Man City team. How has this been allowed to happen at arsenal?

CJ_covblaze

As I’ve just said on another thread they might be better off than most clubs but they should still be doing better than they are now. They have one of the highest paid managers in the world but he’s a dinosaur that should’ve gone years ago.

CJ_covblaze

oucho

I have a mate who’s an arsenal fan; constantly moaning about their lot.
They’ve won the FA Cup two years on the trot, got to the league cup final this year, are still in the Europa cup, have had players such as Sanchez, ozil etc. They’ve just had a couple of bad seasons by their standards. They ain’t like cov!

How has this been allowed to happen at arsenal?

I agree wholeheartley with the first bit. On the question, even with the Emirates, they simply do not have the commercial model to enable them to compete fnancially with the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. They should be doing as well as Liverpool and Spurs though.

CJ_covblaze

I agree wholeheartley with the first bit. On the question, even with the Emirates, they simply do not have the commercial model to enable them to compete fnancially with the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. They should be doing as well as Liverpool and Spurs though.

With their ownership structure they should be able to compete. Kronke is a major factor and for the good of the club as soon as he leaves the better. I reckon the PL and FA are bricking it if Usmanov does ever successfully take over. They’ll be all sorts of questions about his links to two PL clubs.

oucho

Never liked Arsenal and always pleased to see them lose.

Terry_dactyl

Never liked Arsenal and always pleased to see them lose.

I think they’re about the only ‘top’ team I haven’t seen us beat. I remember late goals by Andres limpar and Paul Merson being particularly upsetting.
Although, I also went to Highbury and saw us draw 0-0 when it felt like we didn’t get out of our penalty area for the duration of the game! Dion at centre half and Ian Wright breaking oggy’s nose.

oucho

I think they’re about the only ‘top’ team I haven’t seen us beat. I remember late goals by Andres limpar and Paul Merson being particularly upsetting.
Although, I also went to Highbury and saw us draw 0-0 when it felt like we didn’t get out of our penalty area for the duration of the game! Dion at centre half and Ian Wright breaking oggy’s nose.

Never liked Wright for his attitude towards Oggy, then startes a TV career with a fake Mr Cheeky Chappy Nice Guy persona. Twat.

I remember the win at HR, think it was 2-0, with Anelka and Bergkamp playing as if they were on opposite teams. Delicious.

Terry_dactyl

Never liked Wright for his attitude towards Oggy, then startes a TV career with a fake Mr Cheeky Chappy Nice Guy persona. Twat.

I remember the win at HR, think it was 2-0, with Anelka and Bergkamp playing as if they were on opposite teams. Delicious.

Was that when Cedric roussell bossed Adams?

Yeah, wright had his own show! I completely forgot about that.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Seen us beat them at least twice in the 90's 3-2 at home,Robbie Keane winner and was there opening day of the season at Highbury Micky Quinn's hat trick.
Cant remember anymore.

Terry_dactyl

Think that may have been the boxing day 1999 fixture (We won 3-2) he utterly destroyed both Adams and Keown in that game.

My mistake. Thought so when ‘westcountry’ posted.
Roussell looked a real prospect for a short time.
We signed our Belgians in the wrong decade! Clement, Genaux, Roussell, Delorges (?!)...it’d be like signing lukaku, hazard, kompany and Fellaini nowadays!

The Great Eastern

Think it was 1970 when we put them to the sword at HR. Goals by Neil Martin & John O'Rourke in a 3-0 trouncing that could have been heavier.

Skybluefaz

Oh yeah, Arsenal
giphy.gif

wingy

My mistake. Thought so when ‘westcountry’ posted.
Roussell looked a real prospect for a short time.
We signed our Belgians in the wrong decade! Clement, Genaux, Roussell, Delorges (?!)...it’d be like signing lukaku, hazard, kompany and Fellaini nowadays!
Now I've really lost it.
Micky Quinn was 80's wasn't he?
And the last lot in a different Century /Mullenium even ?B-)
Lets do the timewarp. B-)

wingy

Now I've really lost it.
Micky Quinn was 80's wasn't he?
And the last lot in a different Century /Mullenium even ?B-)
Lets do the timewarp. B-)
Edit
Ah my mistake the way Westcountry phrased it was deceptive the rest still stands lol, and we started it in the Seventies with the bearded Roger Van Gool.

joemercersaces

Remember hearing some pillock on a radio phone in a few years ago. Said he and his mrs were both ‘gooners’ (a word that instantly makes you sound a massive nob) and had met through Arsenal (this was around their invincible stage) and had been through thick and thin with Arsenal since. Choked on my Ovaltine. Thick and thin!

rupert_bear

Had to laugh to myself when that bird was singing the National Anthem with 36 players plus the managers etc all stood in a row, there were 6 Brits in the row would have been better off singing The Internationale !

Last edited:
W

westcountry_skyblue

Edit
Ah my mistake the way Westcountry phrased it was deceptive the rest still stands lol, and we started it in the Seventies with the bearded Roger Van Gool.
Quinn was 93/94 a lovely hot sunny day on the sauce in London and a win,Good old days!!!

Users who are viewing this thread