League one centre backs (1 Viewer)

covboy9

Has anyone for any team u've seen this season impressed you? Wood and Edge are bit dodgy but from what i've seen every team seems similar, i'd love Robins to sign a new centre back as we need cover and competition

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Thought the Edge was a bit soft tonight. Slow to close down for their 2nd goal. Especially first half, thought we were brushed off the ball too easily by Preston, didn't show enough strength and battle to win the 50/50s.

mark82

I actually thought Edge looked good tonight. Not seen us play since the Carlisle match though so may have different points of comparison to others.

What a night though. Came down from Yorkshire for it and glad I did.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Cranie is a diminutive type of player, calm head, doesn't go blazing into tackles. Keogh used to make these lionhearted blocks to recover his mistakes, which the fans notice and appreciate more (bit like Scott Parker's style of play). Cranie was a better reader of the game, but the two made a good partnership.

stupot07

Cranie is a diminutive type of player, calm head, doesn't go blazing into tackles. Keogh used to make these lionhearted blocks to recover his mistakes, which the fans notice and appreciate more (bit like Scott Parker's style of play). Cranie was a better reader of the game, but the two made a good partnership.
Yeah agree with that.

superskyblue

I thought both were error prone, Keogh slightly more dominant in the air and also quicker than Cranie to recover mistakes. Don't think either are anything better than midtable championship defenders though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We're still conceding too many goals though....not sure why that is.

Tbf though I thought we defended well today, the two conceded were unlucky an Preston didn't really create anything else.

I think clubs had been targeting two very young full backs in Christie an Adams recently which may be why we have been conceding chances

LJC_CCFC

Despite all his heart I would rather have Crainie over Woody, he would thrive under Robins style of football and make playing out from the back less of a risk

SBS

I rate him, but Wood must be on a fair bit of cash here. Can't see that being too popular with our owners, so I reckon even if we go up, this will be his last season with us (I believe his contracts up in the summer?). It would suit us a lot more if he was right footed as well.

Astute

So our defence was dodgy at times? :laugh:

PNE won just about every ball in the air until they reached our defence. We were quicker on the floor and better in the air.

If our defence was so dodgy why didn't Murphy make a save all game against big players like they had? Both of their goals were from deflections. The second one was very unlucky....but our defence should have done better? :confused:

covcity4life

they are doing the job at the minute but i dunno...still feel me with fear

wood was at fault for equaliser when he hesistated to clear and isntead fleck had to head out for a corner,which they scored from

Users who are viewing this thread