Leave LC alone (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

What a bunch of losers some of you are slating LC in his second match.

He has had quite literally big boots to fill which takes some balls to do.

You might find if you support him as a Cov player you might end up getting the best out of him. He scored the other night and will score again.

You sound like Newcastle fickle fans

Otis

Thought you were talking about Leicester City and I certainly was not going to leave them alone!! Then noticed you meant Leon.

Yeah, leave off!!

Astute

The goals will come. We just seem to lose when the weather is shit......and winter is here :(

JulianDarbyFTW

Mr Robins has previously said it will take time to integrate him into the team.

I have to say, I'm somewhat bemused by some people on here. They praise MR and his decision making, then write off one of his signings after 2 weeks. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Gray

McGoldrick also took a few matches to start scoring. give him a few more matches then slag him off;)

hill83

Gets into good position. Good touch. He'll come good.
Slightly hesitant at the moment and also unlucky.
People slagging him off already need a slap. Big boots to fill and although some muppets said he is a similar player to McGoldrick, he's complete different so the team need time to adapt to his style of play also.

Ashdown1

Completely different player indeed, does need time to settle in and Robins will need to work on his game. McG came for the ball a lot and brought other players in with a lot of intelligent play where as Clarke seems to be waiting for that killer ball over the top a bit too much. McG will prove a huge loss to us, awful timing to lose a guy in such a rich vein of form so he can go and play a bit part role at mid table Ipswich.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nobody misses decent chances on purpose and for us to be creating as many as we do gives me some encouragement. Clarke is with us for 2 and a half years so let's give him some time eh!

stupot07

Completely different player indeed, does need time to settle in and Robins will need to work on his game. McG came for the ball a lot and brought other players in with a lot of intelligent play where as Clarke seems to be waiting for that killer ball over the top a bit too much. McG will prove a huge loss to us, awful timing to lose a guy in such a rich vein of form so he can go and play a bit part role at mid table Ipswich.

Yeah agree, DMC was also capable of scoring the whole range of goals - screamers, tap ins, headers, cool finishes. I'm not sure Clarke has the full range in his locker so will rely on service a lot more than DMc did.

Tonylinc

I think that the dilemma here is ; does Leon Clark fit into the way in which we play or do we fit in to the way in which he plays? He has scored 11 goals this season playing in a side which by all accounts play a lot of route 1 stuff. That being the case do we adopt a similar style? The problem is of course that that does not sit well with the way in which MR likes to play. Whatever decision he makes I have plenty of faith in MR and am sure that he will make the correct call.

Ashdown1

Well I sincerely hope that MR doesn't undo all the great work and entertaining football to suit one player. I'd have been more comfortable with Clarke on loan to see how it worked out

ccrproductions

sigh come on guys,give him a chance, hes different,maybe not as good but best replacement we could get most would agree

lets back him and see if he can do well enough to help us clinch some success this year.

covcity4life

Big_Ben

What a bunch of losers some of you are slating LC in his second match.

He has had quite literally big boots to fill which takes some balls to do.

You might find if you support him as a Cov player you might end up getting the best out of him. He scored the other night and will score again.

You sound like Newcastle fickle fans

I've got this mental picture of him filling his big boots with his balls;)

D

Deleted member 4232

Thread Necromancy. Even worse when it was your own thread.

I think you'll find most of the criticism of Leon Clarke to be jovial and tongue in cheek.

Give your mum a hug and have a feel breath.

Users who are viewing this thread