Leaving the Ricoh is the correct decision if..... (1 Viewer)

elephanttears

Sisu have the best intentions of the club at heart the problem is no one trusts then and that's down to them.

If you look at it logically we need to own our own stadium 100% outright, we cannot survive paying rent at the Ricoh. We have to have all income streams it's as simple as that.

If the fans thought Sisu had the best intentions I truly believe the fans would understand. People are not stupid and see through the bullshit of Sisu. Moving ground though is the right thing to do. Short term loss for long term gain.

I would put my mortgage though on Sisu getting the Ricoh in the end continuing to be our owners and then selling us.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Leaving the Ricoh is the wrong decision.

Buying the Ricoh, and unifying the team, stadium and it's revenues is the right decision.

SISU could do this; but in my view, would rather gamble to break ACL: and get it on the cheap. This to finance their exit strategy - not for the good of the club and it's future.

The issue is the gamble. As our football club is the chip on the table waiting to see where the ball settles on the roulette wheel.

The end-game isn't questioned by anyone. It's the route to get there, and what's risked to get it for a fraction of it's true cost.

And it amazes me that any fan - purporting to support this club - thinks 'the gamble' is worth it

Last edited:

shmmeee

Sisu have the best intentions of the club at heart the problem is no one trusts then and that's down to them.

If you look at it logically we need to own our own stadium 100% outright, we cannot survive paying rent at the Ricoh. We have to have all income streams it's as simple as that.

If the fans thought Sisu had the best intentions I truly believe the fans would understand. People are not stupid and see through the bullshit of Sisu. Moving ground though is the right thing to do. Short term loss for long term gain.

I would put my mortgage though on Sisu getting the Ricoh in the end continuing to be our owners and then selling us.

That's not the issue though is it Tim?

The question of a new ground is different to the question of where we play while we build it.

Also, if you believe there's a new ground when we can't even see artists impressions I've got a bridge to sell you ;)

Manchester_sky_blue

Building a new stadium in Cov will never happen. It could never compete with the Ricoh in terms of conferencing and concerts so how much income a new smaller stadium would bring us is very debatable.

I think everyone can see that the only solution is for one single entity to own the club and the Ricoh. Trouble is its going to take a vast amount of money to do it.

italiahorse

But the figures don't stack up.
We will have a mortgage of 100K per month on a £30M loan over the next 50 years. That's £1.2M per year plus all the business rates, running costs and maintenance.
Even the F&B income streams for the Ricoh 11/12 only realised a profit of £119K. We were already given 900 car parking spaces by ACL and took all the income from pitch side sponsorship.
Stadium sponsorship will be minimum.

It's personal
Just pay the £400K a year rent, take what income streams you can get and renegotiate the compass contract to our advantage in 10 years time.

Last edited:

Astute

Leaving the Ricoh is the correct decision if.....

...your name is Tim and you are trying to get the Ricoh as cheap as you can.

simple_simon

Bull Shit!
SISU do not care FULL STOP !

skybluelee

Bullshit. SISU have an absolute MORAL obligation to keep the club in Coventry.

They can build a new stadium if they want, that's fine, although utter nonsense and clearly not underpinned by any sound business model, but for the period of the (make belive) stadium's construction they absolutely had to stay at the Ricoh. A football club is not like a normal business ffs. They are potentially costing the club an entire generation of new fans, not to mention losing a large part of its hardcore existing fan base forever.

The likelihood of us not being a League 2 club at best in 3 (or 5...) years is remote.

I just cannot believe that there are even a tiny proportion of fans that are still planning on following this nonsese to Northampton. Sort yourselves out, you morons. Open your eyes. They are KILLING a 130 year club of proud tradition.

FUCK OFF SISU, YOU BASTARDS!

RoboCCFC90

That's not the issue though is it Tim?

The question of a new ground is different to the question of where we play while we build it.

Also, if you believe there's a new ground when we can't even see artists impressions I've got a bridge to sell you ;)

Like we haven't all heard that one before..

Users who are viewing this thread