Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

7 clean sheets in 12 games for Nuneaton.
Only two leagues below.

Pretty impressive!

Nuneaton fans are raving about him, maybe our number 2 next season?

CJparker

Would be happy if he becomes number 2 / number 13 when we let Dunn go after next season

Gaz

Good to see him doing so well, he is a promising keeper, and I really hope he can keep improving.

But I do hope though, we don't start having calls for him to be first choice at Cov because of his Nuneaton performances.
Nathan Cameron had great reviews from his loan spell at Nuneaton but it didn't work out too well for him.

skybluegod

I had been meaning to post about him and Phillips it's no coincidence that since those two have been there they have been better defensively well done boys see what they can do in pre season

Gint11

Great they are doing well and obviously need looking at in the near future but lets not get carried away, the standard in that league is poor.

The deal with Nuneaton is much more meaningful now they are back in Conference Prem than when Cameron played for them in Southern League. As another poster said just 2 leagues below us so decent experience for our youngsters.

georgehudson

well done Lee, you're on the way to becoming a good keeper,
as suggested previously, keep the faith,
CCFC can become huge, & sustain it, with the wealth of local talent,
the current 'farce' can only, imho, be described as
short term

Baginton

I saw them a few weeks ago v Luton, 0-0 it finished, they played well, a few great loanees in and looking likely the form they are in escaping the dreaded drop!

Nonleagueherewecome

I think it was in the Southern Premier Cameron played for them, so even lower than BSS. All the same though, I'm pretty sure that Cameron will go on to be a player; he'll come back to haunt us a bit like Grandison has this season.

1nilandwe...

I've never really cared about Nuneaton before, but I've been following their results for a few weeks now and I really hope that they stay up.

Does that make me a traitor?

Great experience for the kids to be playing meaningful, competitive, tough football. The standard may not be great, but I'd much rather them playing under competitive pressure every week rather than having a glorified kick about in the U21s.

CJparker

I'd be happy for him to be number 2 next season

Agree in principle, but I'd rather see him gaining good experience further down than simply warming the bench.

Looks like Dunn is going to make it with us, so either someone comes in for him or we just keep him as a reserve until his contract expires.

Also, anyone know how Michael Quirke is doing at Kettering? He seems to have moved around a fair bit between Nuneaton, Coalville, Leamo, Bedworth and Loughborough...

Baginton

I've never really cared about Nuneaton before, but I've been following their results for a few weeks now and I really hope that they stay up.

Great experience for the kids to be playing meaningful, competitive, tough football. The standard may not be great, but I'd much rather them playing under competitive pressure every week rather than having a glorified kick about in the U21s.

no your not a traitor lol

the standard is not as bad as you think, with several ex-league clus down there all fighting for two promotion spaces.

Lutons non league neighbours were always Stevenage, who are now two divisions above them :whistle:

Mucca Mad Boys

If anything, it's good Nuneaton are only 2 leagues below us because our youngsters can play at a higher level so when they come back to CCFC, the performance gap won't be too big for them to carry on and do well.

skybluegod

Yet another clean sheet tonight. Won 2-0 against Gateshead there relegation rivals now up to 16th 2 points clear of relegation. Well done burge and Phillips.

Nonleagueherewecome

I genuinely like Nuneaton, Rugby and Leamington: the better they all do the happier I am, although Rugby are top in my affections list as I grew up there and Leamington come second as I now live there (and when I read the Nuneaton fans wumming the Brakes forum it made me side with Leamington!). I always used to think of nonleague football as a different sport because relative to pro sides, it really is another world; so much relies on selfless people doing work for the love of the club or community, particularly at Leamington who have had to start all over from scratch.

Standard of football used to be the only thing that put me off going more-as a mate of mine puts it, "some people aren't really footballers, they're just a bunch of blokes playing football..that's not entertainment." But the lower we fall down the divisions, the harder it is to tell the difference between them and us. And the standard of non-league football in this country really is fantastic; there's load of talent that either got bombed out of pro clubs or never got spotted in the first place. The list of ex-nonleague players who are active in the top two divisions is huge now. If we knew who the players are (John Still probably does!) we could go out and sign a squad with the potential to play in The Championship.

Warwickhunt

He will become number 1 next season when the administrator clears the decks out

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think it was in the Southern Premier Cameron played for them, so even lower than BSS. All the same though, I'm pretty sure that Cameron will go on to be a player; he'll come back to haunt us a bit like Grandison has this season.

I've got a grandson called Cameron :)

Joy Division

Fair play to the lad, in any division that is a great record.

How tall is he? The problem with developing goalkeepers is however good they end up being, the level of progression is pretty much determined on their height. Anything less than 6ft is never going to make it in the professional game today, its really unfair and unfortunate for some of those lads and think Micheal Quirke is one of these.

Hopefully Burge is a giant.

skybluegod

How tall is he? The problem with developing goalkeepers is however good they end up being, the level of progression is pretty much determined on their height. Anything less than 6ft is never going to make it in the professional game today, its really unfair and unfortunate for some of those lads and think Micheal Quirke is one of these.

Quirke was 6ft1 I think. Burge is 5ft 11 so he is very small for a goalkeeper

Also Phillips got an assist last night so good on him

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

He will become number 1 next season when the administrator clears the decks out

Whilst that's not an impossible situation, if if he's playing out of his skin every week in the BSP, maybe he's good enough? Maybe it's a good thing-he needs games and another year in our U21's will just hold him back.

Ccfcisparks

Well except Iker Casillas, arguably the best Keeper in the world at 5ft11 but I guess I understand what you are on about

Nonleagueherewecome

Jordan Clarke's 6' 4" or something according to our own site though isn't he..

Nonleagueherewecome

He is? Maybe I'm just looking at bad sites haha

Not really but they do have a wildly exaggerated and clearly incorrect figure for him!

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is him making a pen save for Nuneaton, don't look that small tbf although maybe I am just a bad judge of height

[video=youtube;QJeS1W1A36s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJeS1W1A36s[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread