Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

This kids got some talent IMO, but should he be played as 2nd choice or should be bring in a new keeper if we get out of the embargo in time. He's a promising young keeper and he did very well at Boro last season, but we have to remember he's still a teenager with on bottom Conference experience. So should we loan him out to a League 2 side like Torquay or make him our number 2 next season?

stupot07

Number 2. If our wage bill is being halved and we're trying to offload a keeper, why would we want to take precious wages up with a player we don't need?

johnamcp

Very young, very nervous, but great last ten games @ borough last season!!! No. 2 keep hold of him and build him up for no. 1 jersey 2014/15 season imo....

I think if Dunn stay, which is unlikely, loan Burge out to a lower League 2 team to give him more experiance, then give him more action in the 1st team the season after. The kid has potential, but we need to bring him up to his potential in the right way and not to rush him

Sky Blue Harry H

This kids got some talent IMO, but should he be played as 2nd choice or should be bring in a new keeper if we get out of the embargo in time. He's a promising young keeper and he did very well at Boro last season, but we have to remember he's still a teenager with on bottom Conference experience. So should we loan him out to a League 2 side like Torquay or make him our number 2 next season?

Number 2 - can't believe we'll have both other keepers here in a few weeks time - Otium may well try and shift Murphy's wages (cynic)?

Gaz

Lee Burge needs games, the more the better.
He isn't going to improve just sitting on our bench.
I'd loan him back out.

Murphy as first choice with Dunn as back up
I don't rate Dunn at all, but lets face it, he isn't going to be playing many games - so I don't worry too much about that.

Lee Burge needs games, the more the better.
He isn't going to improve just sitting on our bench.
I'd loan him back out.

Murphy as first choice with Dunn as back up
I don't rate Dunn at all, but lets face it, he isn't going to be playing many games - so I don't worry too much about that.

Dunn is absolute horseshit. Im getting a lot of stick for saying he should be given a chance, but everyone deserves a chance. He didnt take it so he needs to go. But Burge isnt ready yet, so i'd wanna loan him out to a lower League 2 team so he can have experience at a higher level, and loan in a young Championship keeper as back up for Murphy

Joy Division

A friend of mine is a Boro fan and can't speak highly enough of him, thought he did excellent for them last season. I'd like him to stay as number 2 to Murphy so he can train with players of league 1 level, maybe a short term loan if a decent club can be secured.

A friend of mine is a Boro fan and can't speak highly enough of him, thought he did excellent for them last season. I'd like him to stay as number 2 to Murphy so he can train with players of league 1 level, maybe a short term loan if a decent club can be secured.

At the end of the day, we have to remember although he did well, it was in The Conferance. We're at a different level, so we cant expect to much to soon

RoboCCFC90

Loan Burgey! Lee is still far to young and needs the experience, he isn't going to be first choice in front of Joe Murphy so Lee needs to continue his development elsewhere for the time being.

Moff

Dunn is absolute horseshit. Im getting a lot of stick for saying he should be given a chance, but everyone deserves a chance. He didnt take it so he needs to go. But Burge isnt ready yet, so i'd wanna loan him out to a lower League 2 team so he can have experience at a higher level, and loan in a young Championship keeper as back up for Murphy

It all adds up now, when I spotted Dunn earlier and he was burning his 'Liam is my biggest fan tshirt'

It all adds up now, when I spotted Dunn earlier and he was burning his 'Liam is my biggest fan tshirt'

Lol, i know im never gonna live that down am i? You can blame me for wanting to give a younger player a chance. Dont want us to make the same mistake with Burge. The kid has potential, we need to bring him up to the 1st team in the right way, which sometimes is the slower way

covcity4life

you wanted dunn to be number 1 last year!!!!!! im sure burge will be fine as no.2

you wanted dunn to be number 1 last year!!!!!! im sure burge will be fine as no.2

I wanted to give the kid a chance? Whats wrong with that? If we hadnt given Bigi a chance, he'd still be in the academy. Yes, Dunn didnt do as well as i hoped, but i ent gonna apologise for wanting to give someone a chance. Thats how football works. The old go out, the new come in. Some take their chance, some dont

Joy Division

Love the fact that Dunn's entire reputation is judged upon 45 minutes of football for us. Yes he could have done better against Crewe but he's not as bad as some people make out.

Joy Division

At the end of the day, we have to remember although he did well, it was in The Conferance. We're at a different level, so we cant expect to much to soon

Remember though, Conference to us is what we are to the Premier league.

skybluegod

Love the fact that Dunn's entire reputation is judged upon 45 minutes of football for us. Yes he could have done better against Crewe but he's not as bad as some people make out.

What about the 90 against notts county? Or the 90 against Southampton where he should have saved the second goal.

covcity4life

you obviously seem to give a free pass to a goalkeeper who doesnt make saves, thought it would be same for all positions?

p.s lol brian!

jesus-wept

Brurge should have played in the final game last season instead of Dunne, strange decision that.

Les Sealey came into the first-team at just 19 due to an injury to Jim Blythe and starred in another successful relegation scrap, not sure exactly how old Chris Kirkland was but was young. Both these remember were in the top division against top sides, Lee Burge will be in division 3. IMO if you're good enough you're old enough.

Users who are viewing this thread