Leeds allocation 2529! (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Not sure leeds need an initial allocation .. question is are they hoping to open the blocks by them ? Tickets have sold really well for the game

messiahrobins

Good about time our club didnt think of away fans and how many they cam get in for the money... Hopefully we sell out and make it intimidating for the trampy fuckers
We are not an intimidating fanbase at all. we are a nice family type club much like say Southampton and Norwich.
This will be a tough game probably hardest of the season in the league.

bigfatronssba

We are not an intimidating fanbase at all. we are a nice family type club much like say Southampton and Norwich.
We can still be a family club and intimidating.
Depends what sort of family you have

SkyBlueSoul

Not saying I want it to happen but it would be funny if we now don't open the south stand for home fans and leave them in the corner looking at 3 blocks they could have had just to piss them off

theferret

We're not Millwall but we're no way a happy clappy club like Watford, nowhere near. Lost count of times away fans have commented on our home support and not because it's a ra ra ra type atmosphere. Many times in recent years we've created a genuinely intimidating atmosphere. It's not been the case this season so much granted.

Given we'll sell this game out easily, even with overspill into south stand, absolutely right we limit the allocation.

bigfatronssba

Many times in recent years we've created a genuinely intimidating atmosphere. It's not been the case this season so much granted.

Why do we think that is? Is it that we've become more expectant?

I think the atmosphere was at its most consistently good in late 2021, just after we returned from St Andrews. Competing at the top of the Championship, getting what was at that time the biggest crowds in 15 years, I think we couldn't believe our luck.

SKYBLUES90

Seems like it’s gone down well with them. They also seem to think this will now mean there will be loads of Leeds in the home end. Good luck with trying to get tickets I suppose.

theferret

Why do we think that is? Is it that we've become more expectant?

I think the atmosphere was at its most consistently good in late 2021, just after we returned from St Andrews. Competing at the top of the Championship, getting what was at that time the biggest crowds in 15 years, I think we couldn't believe our luck.

I think expectancy yes, and also novelty has gone a bit. I remember that Peterborough night game and QPR last season, insane atmospheres given the games weren't particularly high profile.

bigfatronssba

Seems like it’s gone down well with them. They also seem to think this will now mean there will be loads of Leeds in the home end. Good luck with trying to get tickets I suppose.

Seems like the club have already thought of that. Ticket sales only open to those with a supporter number

leeds.JPG

bigfatronssba

I think expectancy yes, and also novelty has gone a bit. I remember that Peterborough night game and QPR last season, insane atmospheres given the games weren't particularly high profile.

I think even last season it had started to slip a bit. It went from being every game being a brilliant atmosphere to being particular ones.

Its still one of the best in the Championship though

messiahrobins

We can still be a family club and intimidating.
Depends what sort of family you have
I dont think any stadium where the fans are as far away form the field of play as the CBS has the fans can be intimidating per se. Kenilworth Road was massively intimidating in the play offs last year v Sunderland, it was fantastic. I am very surprised how docile it has been there this season.

messiahrobins

We're not Millwall but we're no way a happy clappy club like Watford, nowhere near. Lost count of times away fans have commented on our home support and not because it's a ra ra ra type atmosphere. Many times in recent years we've created a genuinely intimidating atmosphere. It's not been the case this season so much granted.

Given we'll sell this game out easily, even with overspill into south stand, absolutely right we limit the allocation.
Not saying we are not loud, i think last season we were very loud, but we are not an intimidating set of fans and never have been. Man Utd fans are as it happens, especially away, but they definitely got to Liverpool yesterday big time. Leeds fans can be very hostile. Millwall is a strange one as i have never found the Den intimidating inside. Outside is a different matter especially under that bridge.
The problem with the CBS and most modern stadiums is the stands are too far away from the pitch.
Just to emphasise, when i say intimidating i am not talking about outside the ground as i have no interest in that stuff as its nothing to do with football. I mean in terms of making opposition players uncomfortable and the best example in recent times i saw was Luton v Sunderland last season and then yesterday Man Utd v Liverpool, albeit only after it went 2-2.

theferret

Not saying we are not loud, i think last season we were very loud, but we are not an intimidating set of fans and never have been. Man Utd fans are as it happens, especially away, but they definitely got to Liverpool yesterday big time. Leeds fans can be very hostile. Millwall is a strange one as i have never found the Den intimidating inside. Outside is a different matter especially under that bridge.
The problem with the CBS and most modern stadiums is the stands are too far away from the pitch.
Just to emphasise, when i say intimidating i am not talking about outside the ground as i have no interest in that stuff as its nothing to do with football. I mean in terms of making opposition players uncomfortable and the best example in recent times i saw was Luton v Sunderland last season and then yesterday Man Utd v Liverpool, albeit only after it went 2-2.

I was more talking about the comparisons you made tbh but I veered off in a different direction. Norwich for example, that very much reflects the community it represents. Relatively affluent, a lot of it rural. They're pretty loyal though and atmosphere decent enough, but there is a family feel to it all.

Our fan base, in general, is much more akin to that of say Stoke City, Hull City, Portsmouth, Boro, West Brom etc., which makes sense given the demographics of the local population, economy etc, that sense of being left behind these places have. It's evident within the fan base of each of those clubs.

Agree about modern stadiums, but feel there have been a number of occasions at the CBS where the opposition have been rattled by it. Couple of managers have mentioned it. KDH another example which was nice 😁. Boro have managed that too a few times in a new ground. On the whole, I don't find any set of fans particularly intimidating.

pusbccfc

They've made it previous purchase only

pusbccfc

Not sure I fully agree with that. Look at the abuse players get when taking corners.

Users who are viewing this thread