Leicester away (1 Viewer)

covlad1993

Afternoon chaps, how is everyone getting to Leicester with the first train into there gets you in just after 11? Also are people planning on drinking in Leicester or everyone going in and out of that place as quick as possible 😂

Travs

There are plenty of earlier trains to Leicester than 11am.

If you're trying to do the entire trip from Coventry on the train then you're severely limiting your options...... you need to get to Nuneaton.

theferret

It has always staggered me that two of England's largest provisional cities, just 20 miles apart, don't have a direct train link. I doubt such a situation doesn't exists anywhere else in Europe.

Would normally get train but have to get coach. Getting to Sky Blue Tavern for 7am opening, assuming we'll set off around 10am so probably go straight to ground.

iflynno

If you're trying to do the entire trip from Coventry on the train then you're severely limiting your options...... you need to get to Nuneaton.
Theres one train into Leicester in time to get to the stadium arrives about 10.50am

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It has always staggered me that two of England's largest provisional cities, just 20 miles apart, don't have a direct train link. I doubt such a situation doesn't exists anywhere else in Europe.

Would normally get train but have to get coach. Getting to Sky Blue Tavern for 7am opening, assuming we'll set off around 10am so probably go straight to ground.

There used to a direct train service between Nottingham, Leicester and Coventry but the powers to be stopped it. F**ing Muppets, you now have to change at Nuneaton and your left with a crap service between Cov and Treacle Town. 🥴💩

fernandopartridge

There used to a direct train service between Nottingham, Leicester and Coventry but the powers to be stopped it. F**ing Muppets, you now have to change at Nuneaton and your left with a crap service between Cov and Treacle Town. 🥴💩

It's because there aren't enough paths for the train to cross the West Coast Mainline at Nuneaton. Exactly the sort of thing HS2 should alleviate.

Covcraig@bury

Looked at driving straight there but struggled for parking options so getting the coach from CBS . Easier but a tad pricey @£23

SBT

Getting Old 30 Rock GIF

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Theres one train into Leicester in time to get to the stadium arrives about 10.50am

The Leicester train station is in the town Centre, it will take you over half an hour to walk to the stadium 🏟️, doesn't give much time for a few beers etc, unless you get a taxi 🚖.

Covkid1968#

Anyone going from east mids parkway ?

mrfr

But then you have to go to both Nuneaton and Leicester. The train from Cov feels like self care in comparison.

CDK

Bad memory from filbert st took a right kicking outside of ground on the day we won there and think Alan green scored amongst others.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Bad memory from filbert st took a right kicking outside of ground on the day we won there and think Alan green scored amongst others.

Yeah but we got revenge back at Highfield road. Happy days.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

3.1 Coventry, their preparation is nuts. Go for them from the off and embarrass them.

I admire your confidence, but sadly I think you will be disappointed.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Covkid1968#

Can’t see anything but a loss… hope I’m wrong. Going back to my Leics village pub after the game for a beer with loads of them. If we lose I’m going in Windmilling…

Users who are viewing this thread