Leicester points deduction (5 Viewers)

Grendel

In fairness to Leicesterfox we would have accepted the Thai takeover had it been us, let's not deny it. Their current position though has nothing to do with the early days but their naive attempts to keep up with the Joneses post winning the PL.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We’d have all taken it

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What happens if they don't go up? No punishment?
I think they then come under the EFL P&L thing so they’d be in the shit then. They’re better off in the prem because it kicks the problem down the road

in terms of the argument over Leicester and billionaires - I don’t see the issue, we’d be acting the same as them if the show was on the other foot

like it or not - Leicesterfox is right - organic growth doesn’t happen anymore. Only way anyone competes with the big 6 as it is - get a billionaire and find a way around the anti competitive FFP laws

messiahrobins

You’d have whored yourselves out to the Thais. They were the only ones wanting to take us off Mandaric at the time as we’d have fell further into the abyss.

We are lucky we got them as we won the PL without breaking any FFP but now Vichai has died, Top is clueless. At least you will beat Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich for us!

PUSB ⚽️🦊
mate if you think anyone now trusts Leicester's PL win and Fa Cup win was achieved honestly you are deluded. This whole FFP stuff has destroyed Leicester's credibility as it has Chelsea and Man City albeit older fans didnt put much stock in what Chelsea and man City have achieved anyway.
Football fans are very secular and tribal and tend not to see/understand the bigger picture. The Government are clearly now scrutinising football clubs and what has been going on, which is what is behind all the investigations and charges. I dont think muslim and other asian billionaires will be so keen to put their money into english clubs now.

messiahrobins

I think they then come under the EFL P&L thing so they’d be in the shit then. They’re better off in the prem because it kicks the problem down the road

in terms of the argument over Leicester and billionaires - I don’t see the issue, we’d be acting the same as them if the show was on the other foot

like it or not - Leicesterfox is right - organic growth doesn’t happen anymore. Only way anyone competes with the big 6 as it is - get a billionaire and find a way around the anti competitive FFP laws
Not anymore. Government are behind these charges rest assured of that.
Next club to be fucked is Newcastle.

HadjiChippo

They need several books throwing at them for this kind of breach. They should’ve been mass selling players the summer before last and still selling the summer they went down to balance the books.

Instead they were allowed to retain and add on to a premier league level squad to try and piss the championship in one season.

wingy

Didn't all relegated club's have the option to mortgage their parachute payments and has that option been removed?

StrettoBoy

A month later than last year's any reason for that, get a month's grace for it?

They extended the accounting reference period so that it ended on 30th June 2023 rather than 31st May. This gave them an extra month to file the accounts for what will be a 13 month period.

chiefdave

They need several books throwing at them for this kind of breach. They should’ve been mass selling players the summer before last and still selling the summer they went down to balance the books.

Instead they were allowed to retain and add on to a premier league level squad to try and piss the championship in one season.
Things need to move a lot faster. When they were in a relegation battle last year everyone was saying they'd be fucked if they went down and would have to sell everyone they could. There was even talk of their training ground being shut down with only the essential parts left running to save costs.

But they've basically done nothing, no doubt still running at a huge loss, in an attempt to get back to the promised land.

How are clubs like us supposed to compete?

StrettoBoy

Fucking hell!!
How is that level of mismanagement even possible!??

A desperate attempt to avoid relegation. That worked well didn't it?

If their breach of the rules means that they gain promotion this year then they will benefit from £millions for being in the PL next year and the parachute payments for the following seasons.

I have read that they should get a really severe penalty next season, most probably six points, which I think is little more than a slap on the wrist. Even if it results on them getting relegated at the end of next season they will probably think it's worth it.

Who said crime doesn't pay?

fernandopartridge

It's quite right that the EFL and the PL punish them, they can't deny that they distort competition in the EFL on relegation which is the whole point of the regulations.

The Championship club's chief executive Susan Whelan said: "After a sustained period of growth and success for the club during the last decade, the 2022-23 season was a significant setback, the consequences of which will be felt for some time.

You wot m8? The losses for the prior two years were just £125m. The covid (20/21) season losses were only £33m which isn't that bad really, the subsequent season was even bigger than last season's assuming it was £92m. Utter mismanagement and it sounds like the management has got its head in the sand in a big big way.

Brighton Sky Blue

A desperate attempt to avoid relegation. That worked well didn't it?

If their breach of the rules means that they gain promotion this year then they will benefit from £millions for being in the PL next year and the parachute payments for the following seasons.

I have read that they should get a really severe penalty next season, most probably six points, which I think is little more than a slap on the wrist. Even if it results on them getting relegated at the end of next season they will probably think it's worth it.

Who said crime doesn't pay?
Our foxy friend thinks it’s part of an unfair monopoly. He is right-these rules actually just help to make the PL a closed shop

Gynnsthetonic

They could still go up while Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton who followed the rules miss out, Brighton made a £122m profit during the same period. Leicestershire also included the Madison sale which is why the accounting period was extended. They should have points docked now

wingy

So what's the Gov't upto if as alleged it's them demanding the clean up ,after the Arab's,and Russian's, assume the American's will get a free pass?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

SkyBlueSoul

From The Athletic article on it. How fucking delusional can you get? Essentially "we overstretched and didn't expect to go back to being shit so quickly".

"In the accounts...the club admits it may have breached profit and sustainability rules, but believes there should be mitigation considered because of how unexpected and unique their rapid decline was. Before relegation, they had won the Premier League, the FA Cup and competed in three European campaigns."

Frostie

I just hope the sanctions they get are proportionate to the level of the breaches. It shouldn't be just 6pts like Everton. They have breached by more than double the allowed amount, has to be well into double figures plus embargoes etc. or they'll just keep doing it.

Frostie

From The Athletic article on it. How fucking delusional can you get? Essentially "we overstretched and didn't expect to go back to being shit so quickly".

"In the accounts...the club admits it may have breached profit and sustainability rules, but believes there should be mitigation considered because of how unexpected and unique their rapid decline was. Before relegation, they had won the Premier League, the FA Cup and competed in three European campaigns."
It's literally "the rules that we agreed to shouldn't apply to us" 🙄

Liquid Gold

Their wages last year were the largest outside the top 6 and they still got relegated.

The reporting period was extended so that it could include the Maddison and Fofana sales and they still lost £90m.

I really hope they fuck up promotion. They could end up stuck in L1 for a bit of a reset.

Just a rancid club that have cheated at every opportunity.

shepardo01

I just hope the sanctions they get are proportionate to the level of the breaches. It shouldn't be just 6pts like Everton. They have breached by more than double the allowed amount, has to be well into double figures plus embargoes etc. or they'll just keep doing it.
Even after "fire sales" the overspill (wages they "can" pay, quality of players they still have under contract etc) into this season means the advantage they have over Championship clubs would, on paper, be bigger than ever seen before I would suspect. Totally unfair.

Frostie

Even after "fire sales" the overspill (wages they "can" pay, quality of players they still have under contract etc) into this season means the advantage they have over Championship clubs would, on paper, be bigger than ever seen before I would suspect. Totally unfair.

Yep, 100%.

Bear in mind these accounts include the £110m they received for Fofana & Maddison. They clearly have no intention of cutting their cloth either with signings like Winks, Coady, Cannon etc. they're just intent to keep on cheating.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So this transfer embargo, does it mean Callum O'HARE is definitely Not going to the Festers.

shepardo01

Yep, 100%.

Bear in mind these accounts include the £110m they received for Fofana & Maddison. They clearly have no intention of cutting their cloth either with signings like Winks, Coady, Cannon etc. they're just intent to keep on cheating.
Just read a headline figure of 4 million on wages per WEEK!!!!!!
Sickening amount of money.
Scandalous that nothing can be done this season.

Users who are viewing this thread