Leon Clarke Joins Bury (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

3 years is a bit stupid for a 30 year old but it's still a great signing. Guaranteed goals.

Astute

Last time I went Bury there was about 2,500 home fans. How are they budgeting for Leon?

They own their own ground :facepalm:

Their chairman must be gifting the club money. Otherwise the rest of the squad will be on peanuts.

Chipfat

RR didn't have the say on what SISU should of done in regards to the ground,, SISU had the say, in fact they wanted promotion first, then decide if buying the ground and selling with the club was worth the quick profit turnaround.. Anyways how does a post about Clarke signing for Bury bring us back to this,,, OH yeah ,, every fucking post goes backl to who was to blame... It does not or will ever matter whos fault it was,, we are in the shit and now need owners to get us out of it..

Last edited:

hill83

I'd have taken him back, but I trust Mowbray in whoever he signs.

Astute

Are you choosing to mock those who claim we need to own our own ground? Do you agree with Ranson'a decision not to purchase the Ricoh when he first brought sisu to the club?

Of course it would be best to own our own ground. But it doesn't mean that we are stuck in division 3 forever because we don't. Yes we have rent to pay. But we don't have the upkeep to pay for. We don't have the updating that old grounds need like we did at HR. What we need is a cheap rent. And we could do with matchday income. But how much income do you think that clubs get from an ordinary football ground? Not as much as some would like you to believe.

Astute

Yes just googled it forgot it was four up and four down. in that case he is a good signing for Bury.But I'd give it half a season before he's off again !

He has a 3 year contract so it won't be easy to get a move. That is unless a club pays for him again or he doesn't pull his weight.

Terry Gibson's perm

Shame I would like to have seen him back here, but let us see who we get.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

I feel the same but there's one name that sticks out to me 'Nicky Maynard' released by cardiff and struggled this season, I do know that he has a good eye for goal and could easily score 20+ for us, obviously wages would be a stumbling block but maybe just maybe if TM was to want him we'd break the bank..

stupot07

I feel the same but there's one name that sticks out to me 'Nicky Maynard' released by cardiff and struggled this season, I do know that he has a good eye for goal and could easily score 20+ for us, obviously wages would be a stumbling block but maybe just maybe if TM was to want him we'd break the bank..

Another Simeon Jackson. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

simonregis

Went through the list and I agree he stands out for me too.

Moff

Last time I went Bury there was about 2,500 home fans. How are they budgeting for Leon?

Probably budgeting for six months in the knowledge that by his previous history he will have had a huge childish strop by then and will be touting himself around to some other lower league club by then.

Skyblueweeman

They own their own ground :facepalm:

Their chairman must be gifting the club money. Otherwise the rest of the squad will be on peanuts.

A new owner came in a couple of years ago and is putting a little bit of cash in. They'll get extra from promotion as well I reckon.

johnwillomagic

Bury may be dark horses to do well next season - they have a little bit of money behind them....we will see Bury don't have
Callum Wilson up top to play alongside him tbf either!

LJC_CCFC

With Preston, Bristol City and MK gone the league is as open as ever. Swindon players are dropping like flies so they won't compete, Adkins and Sheffield United will probably walk the league and Chesterfield under Dean 'Let's c**t the ball in the air' Saunders will disappear into the bottom half. Mowbray, Venus and Clapham in and already the club looks in a stronger position, add to this the shite players gone and scope for several new - hopefully better - players. We really have a legitimate chance of getting in the top six. 100 negative points to those that disagree with this post, optimism is key.

Users who are viewing this thread