Leon clarke offically signed (1 Viewer)

aviles

just come out on twitter that he has offically signed a contract. very happy with that signing i think he looks an all round better player than mcgoldrick. only time will tell.
Nice to see sisu doing a bit of business aswell this is the year for sisu to try and win some belief back. fingers crossed. pusb

CovisGod

he looks an all round better player than mcgoldrick

You can't honestly beleive that ? I've been at the last two games and Clarke looks ok but hasn't done anything to wow me like McGoldrick did. Don't get me wrong, I know he's only played half hour in a game that everyone was dreadfull and a game against a team two tiers above us but to say he's a better all round player than McGoldrick I don't agree with. Will definatley get behind the lad 200% though, Goldie didn't look great in his first couple of games, does anyone know if he can play Wednesday or is cup tied ?

ccfcway

You can't honestly beleive that ? I've been at the last two games and Clarke looks ok but hasn't done anything to wow me like McGoldrick did. Don't get me wrong, I know he's only played half hour in a game that everyone was dreadfull and a game against a team two tiers above us but to say he's a better all round player than McGoldrick I don't agree with. Will definatley get behind the lad 200% though, Goldie didn't look great in his first couple of games, does anyone know if he can play Wednesday or is cup tied ?

He's free to play on Wednesday

Not sure about Thursday though ;)

aviles

The games thursday. Im not sure i thought he could play but was told yesterday he is cup tied.... so if anyone could clear that up. In the shrewsbury game though he was closing players down he made some good runs just the executing of passes wasnt there i think if fleck gets more of a look in then those to will link up well and hopefully we will start banging in 4 or 5 goals a game again

Sky Blue Sheepy

He managed to get 11 goals in a struggling Scunny team so can't be that bad! Was quietly happy about the signing and I'd have a sneaky bet on him being top League 1 goalscorer as McGoldrick can't add to his tally now.

sky blue john

Like i have already said MR has had a good look at him over a couple of weeks and then signed him on a 2 1/2 year contract.
I trust MR's judgement.

Last edited:

aodea

was not too impressed on Sat but sure against much higher oppostion. we will asses him now against teams at our level. he finds the form he had for scunny and that will do. Hopefully he just fits into the role left by MGoldrick. Cant wait for thursday!

just come out on twitter that he has offically signed a contract. very happy with that signing i think he looks an all round better player than mcgoldrick. only time will tell.
Nice to see sisu doing a bit of business aswell this is the year for sisu to try and win some belief back. fingers crossed. pusb

What business are SISU doing? Bailey: Loan, Adams: Loan, Clarke: Free, Moussa: Free, what has that got to do with SISU? SISU have done nothing for this club apart from put us further in the shit and they never will do anything except that. Doing business is dipping your hand into your pocket once in a while, not loaning players and signing free players.

spwaverley4916

What business are SISU doing? Bailey: Loan, Adams: Loan, Clarke: Free, Moussa: Free, what has that got to do with SISU? SISU have done nothing for this club apart from put us further in the shit and they never will do anything except that. Doing business is dipping your hand into your pocket once in a while, not loaning players and signing free players.

I am no sisu lover - but who are putting up the money for the wages etc for Clarke and Moussa if not them?

Astute

Thanks for the laughs :D

McG and Clarke seem to be two different types of strikers. McG seems to have a better shot on him. Clarke seems to be stronger and more able to go past players with the ball better. Have some forgotten what he did against us already? We are lucky to have him. He isn't a loan like McG was. He is a Championship striker. He will do well with us. We have only got him as he fell out with his manager and became available. He got 11 goals in 15 games for a side in the bottom 4. He is now favourite to be top scorer. I got him at 20 :pimp: Last time I looked he was down to 4.5 Even the bookies think he will do well. He even caused Spurs a few problems.

Yes he has signed for Cov. That don't suddenly mean he is crap.

torchomatic

Good news. The King is dead. Long live the King.

ccfctommy

Total nonsense. You can't spend money you do not have.

BackRoomRummermill

It is very hard to ever get a like for like player, but this is as good as it could get

Well done MR , i hope people do not get on LC back if he dont score straight away

Astute

It is very hard to ever get a like for like player, but this is as good as it could get

Well done MR , i hope people do not get on LC back if he dont score straight away

A few have said he isn't that good as he didn't score against Spurs :facepalm:

CovisGod

A few have said he isn't that good as he didn't score against Spurs :facepalm:

On this thread or elsewhere ? It's ridiculous to criticise somebody that has hardly played for a club and got used to the way they play, that said how many Fat Freddy's, Cody Mac's and RODs have we all got behind only to be let down ? I'm very much a realist now, wouldn't ever criticise a player without a fair go at it but similarly I'm not going to declare someone the next Messi before we've even seen what he can do.

aviles

The business sisu doing ..... making wages available, to bring in loan players and permanent there may also be signing on fees involved hopefully negotiating a cheaper rent if we get promoted this season and sisu start next season as they have done this season i may start to forgive them for the past 8 years

p.stromso

I agree. I think he won't replace McGoldrick who had played and scored really well this season. Still Clarke had a good record at Scunny this season and should be capable of goals at this level. It's only a couple of games in so we will have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread