Les Reid - still at it ! (1 Viewer)

skybluegaz2

I haven't posted for a long time, but feel I have to as the Telegraph does not allow ANY comments on a Les Reid story, especially as any criticism of Les on Twitter and his fan club jumps down your throat.

Todays classic Tweet from Les is : "Are there some #CCFC fans who still support ACL/council refusal to sign CVA which lost team 10 points? Tweet me & have yr say " Interesting that most tweets in response so far support ACL yet STILL Les spouts anti-ACL rubbish.

This coming from a reporter who claims less than 50 people "protesting" outside the Council House means we all support the line ACL are the villains for not gifting the Ricoh to SISU.

I'm really getting racked off that with a few wins behind SISU FC all of a sudden the "most important thing is to get SISU FC back at the Ricoh" - at ANY COST? Like gifting the Ricoh to SISU because we know they want itit for peanuts. So why can't Les see that. I would respect him more if he argued that. He also talks about the minimal cost of building the Ricoh to the taxpayer "as £40m came from Tesco." But what he fails to mention is that that £40m IS a cost to the taxpayer as it COULD have been spent on a school, but the Council chose to support the football club - so as a taxpayer I want that £40m back too if the Ricoh is sold.

Generally, Les's line is that we all want CCFC back at the Ricoh (we do) but ACL are equally at fault and cannot survive without CCFC (they aren't, and can - £400k rent a year from CCFC won't go far will it?). Am I alone in disagreeing with Les's biased reporting?

covmark

I haven't posted for a long time, but feel I have to as the Telegraph does not allow ANY comments on a Les Reid story, especially as any criticism of Les on Twitter and his fan club jumps down your throat.

Todays classic Tweet from Les is : "Are there some #CCFC fans who still support ACL/council refusal to sign CVA which lost team 10 points? Tweet me & have yr say " Interesting that most tweets in response so far support ACL yet STILL Les spouts anti-ACL rubbish.

This coming from a reporter who claims less than 50 people "protesting" outside the Council House means we all support the line ACL are the villains for not gifting the Ricoh to SISU.

I'm really getting racked off that with a few wins behind SISU FC all of a sudden the "most important thing is to get SISU FC back at the Ricoh" - at ANY COST? Like gifting the Ricoh to SISU because we know they want itit for peanuts. So why can't Les see that. I would respect him more if he argued that. He also talks about the minimal cost of building the Ricoh to the taxpayer "as £40m came from Tesco." But what he fails to mention is that that £40m IS a cost to the taxpayer as it COULD have been spent on a school, but the Council chose to support the football club - so as a taxpayer I want that £40m back too if the Ricoh is sold.

Generally, Les's line is that we all want CCFC back at the Ricoh (we do) but ACL are equally at fault and cannot survive without CCFC (they aren't, and can - £400k rent a year from CCFC won't go far will it?). Am I alone in disagreeing with Les's biased reporting?

You lost me at "SISU FC"

fernandopartridge

SISU FC. Feck off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warwickhunt

And whilst you are at we want our 14 million back so we can keep some of our services we are having to cut.

ajsccfc

I like the theory that if you hate awful jokes or nicknames you're clearly just upset by the target of them. That's tasty logic.

ccfctommy

How on earth can ACL survive without CCFC? Car boots and snooker tourneys? Really?

RFC

I think it's just a question from Les who is asking for your views and not asking for personal abuse! By the way, what makes you think your right?

Gint11

The witch hunt aimed at Les Reid is absolutely pathetic to be honest.

blueflint

"Are there some #CCFC fans who still support ACL/council refusal to sign CVA which lost team 10 points? Tweet me & have yr say "

That reads like a question to me and my reply would be i do not support acl or the council, i support ccfc and i am still pissed off at losing 10 points as we would now be in 4th position.

A question for anyone who knows the answer, have ACL ever offered the rent deal to Otium or CCFC that it offered to the administrator?

why should they have SISU approached ACL with any offer no is the answer there nowt will happen tip the court case is done

Mary_Mungo_Midge

twitter characters

Great. Let's have a debate on each other's understanding of a director's fiduciary responsibilities under company law; within the confines of Twitter's 140 character limit :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

italiahorse

Last time I checked it was Coventry City FC. Never heard of Northampton B or SISU FC.

I agree on CCFC, but I don't feel as if am part of it at the moment. I've lost my sense of belonging since they just moved out regardless of the fans views.

Just wish the JR would be over so ACL can tell us really what's going on with offers etc.

Jim

"Are there some #CCFC fans who still support ACL/council refusal to sign CVA which lost team 10 points? Tweet me & have yr say "

That reads like a question to me and my reply would be i do not support acl or the council, i support ccfc and i am still pissed off at losing 10 points as we would now be in 4th position.

This is a difficult subject because I personally think that ACL did the right thing in rejecting the CVA. They did not agree with the administration process, which I think most of us will agree was not performed correctly, and therefore were obliged to reject the CVA in their own best interests.

This, however, does not mean I am happy with the points deduction. Of course I am not, but it is was almost inevitable given the situation and how flawed the entire process has been ever since SISU decided to boycott rent payments and stopped acting in good faith towards ACL.

CovFan

It's a loaded question designed to try and illicit a certain response. It doesn't seem to have worked.

It's not the first time they've tried to create a certain narrative either, one wonders what effect they are trying to cause.

skybluegaz2

Just as I thought - the Les FanClub is out to get me on Twitter. I'm running scared...not. My opinion is my opinion and I stand by it. Not going to be scared off by mindless abuse. Even Les calls it "bile" - where is the bile Les?

hill83

'Les fan club'
'Sisu FC'
'Out to get me'
'You Sisu lot'

Get a grip you lunatic. A few people on here are making me detest our own fans.

DazzleTommyDazzle

This is a difficult subject because I personally think that ACL did the right thing in rejecting the CVA. They did not agree with the administration process, which I think most of us will agree was not performed correctly, and therefore were obliged to reject the CVA in their own best interests.

This, however, does not mean I am happy with the points deduction. Of course I am not, but it is was almost inevitable given the situation and how flawed the entire process has been ever since SISU decided to boycott rent payments and stopped acting in good faith towards ACL.

You can't come on here and make a sensible point - where would things end if others followed suit? :)

Users who are viewing this thread