Less like our home everyday.... (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

Not looking forward to returning to the Ricoh. I stopped off there today, one of the builders invited me in to see the new pitch and told me the building work there currently doing includes putting black Tarmac around the pitch and covering it with wasps logos. Becoming less like our home more and more.

ccfcmad1

Sad state but I suppose they can do what they want now cant seat it being long till the seats change.

FRY-CCFC

I can't wait to go back there on saturday. They could put a big picture of James Haskell on the tarmac giving us the finger and I wouldn't really care.

Otis

All I am focusing on is our team playing in Coventry and I will be just looking at what is happening ON the pitch. Can't be bothered to look at what's going on round the outside of the pitch.

Grendel

italiahorse

Lucky we have a new stadium in the pipework !!

To be honest when I'm there it's our (CCFC) stadium, the away fans I talk to do as well, so I don't care who owns it.
We never owned it, we were never going to own it and any new stadium we won't own either.
People need to support the team, it's our turn on Saturday, so forget the politics.

skybluetony176

I see the point is lost on some.

Playing in someone else's ground in Coventry is immeasurably better than playing in someone else's home 35miles away.

We're starting this season in a much better place than we did last season. Be grateful for that. Stop being drama queens and look forward to the football and season ahead.

fernandopartridge

As much as I find it distasteful I'm not that bothered. I feel pity for anybody who goes up to watch a franchise that is even worse than MK Dons. Roll on the default on the bond.

Gint11

Agree with sky blue tony. In an ideal
World we would own it but we don't. Old news move on. Forward not back. That's the spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Not looking forward to returning to the Ricoh. I stopped off there today, one of the builders invited me in to see the new pitch and told me the building work there currently doing includes putting black Tarmac around the pitch and covering it with wasps logos. Becoming less like our home more and more.

A job for the scg to find some sort of cover for each of the signs.

fernandopartridge

I see the point is lost on some.

Playing in someone else's ground in Coventry is immeasurably better than playing in someone else's home 35miles away.

We're starting this season in a much better place than we did last season. Be grateful for that. Stop being drama queens and look forward to the football and season ahead.
There is no difference. Immeasurably better? Come off it.

fernandopartridge

Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing that?

Ah, I've read it the opposite way tbf. I read it as Wasps playing in somebody else's ground I.e. Ours is better than playing in Northampton.

Yes playing in Coventry is better than Northampton. I'd prefer not to be at the Ricoh in Coventry if that could be possible.

chiefdave

That's he sort of thing that annoys me. Its them doing something unnecessary. How many clubs have their logo all around the pitch? Why don't they just get them printed so they can put them out on Wasps match days?

Samo

I can't wait to go back there on saturday. They could put a big picture of James Haskell on the tarmac giving us the finger and I wouldn't really care.

There's nothing more pitiful than a man who doesn't notice when he's getting fucked.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That's he sort of thing that annoys me. Its them doing something unnecessary. How many clubs have their logo all around the pitch? Why don't they just get them printed so they can put them out on Wasps match days?

Like a cat pissing in all 4 corners of the garden to mark its territory. Perhaps they feel the need .

fernandopartridge

It's because they're desperate to impose their identity. Please recognise us as a legitimate Coventry rugby team. Purrrlleease.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's because they're desperate to impose their identity. Please recognise us as a legitimate Coventry rugby team. Purrrlleease.

....like a cat pissing in all 4 corners. Oh sorry, I've done that one ! I think you're spot on here !

letsallsingtogether

Objectively, as owners of the stadium it's exactly what they should be doing.
Correct if we had owed it we could have done the same,
Anyway at least they are giving our owners some ideas for when Highfield Road 2 opens....
Some time very soon.

Wheelfass

Correct if we had owed it we could have done the same,
Anyway at least they are giving our owners some ideas for when Highfield Road 2 opens....
Some time very soon.
Didn't I see those ideas in the plans released by Timmy...................in three weeks.........2 years ago. Maybe not....my mistake.;)

LJC_CCFC

There's nothing more pitiful than a man who doesn't notice when he's getting fucked.

If we are all getting 'fucked' shouldn't we just boycott home games? It isn't ideal, however we are tenants in a stadium that was built for us, not Wasps.

Reading and London Irish both use the Mad Stad - granted under more amicable circumstances - but a Reading fan will see it as their stadium and an Irish fan will see it as theirs.

As long as we play in Coventry, for me we are playing at home. The same cannot be said about Wasps, besides no one really gives a flying fuck about rugby apart from the international game as it is.

SkyblueBazza

As it is their stadium...why shouldn't they put their own identity stamp on it?

"We" (not the fans as a whole) lost interest in the stadium quite a while back now - whether it was built for "us" or not..."we" moved on...& came back. But "we" aren't interested in that stadium anymore anyway...other than to play games (in court!) over.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Old Warwickshire lad

We could have purchased the stadium at what seemed a very fair price. Our owners wanted it for nothing, and pursued an agenda to achieve that.

They failed and spent millions in the process( with hindsight they made a bad error of judgement).

Someone else saw the potential of the stadium and purchased it. They now want to make it look like they own it by personalising it. What's the problem ?

I am a City season ticket holder and have no interest in "The Wasps".

stupot07

The more Wasps rebrand the stadium the more likely our medium to long term future lies away from the Ricoh, whoever our owners are. Time for some to start accepting that, and for the fans to start putting pressure on the council to find us a site within the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread